How important is it...

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
That you go to a state that ranks high in education? I ask because I live in Texas, which ranks low in education.

Well, I'm from Oklahoma, and all of our teachers are leaving here to teach there. It didn't used to be this way. I was in one of the last few graduating classes that had the opportunity to receive a good education. I say opportunity bc I ditched so much school that I almost skipped an entire year of high school. Still graduated on time.

It isn't really the state you're in, necessarily, but the school system. Every state has a school system or two that actually teaches students. I'm sure Texas has several.

Are you a parent?

NJ ranks high in education, but that status is mostly bought by the rich people that live in the state to give their spoiled children some accolades, so the rich parents can brag.

So I dont think it matters.

What do you mean by "ranks high in education"

- % of kids graduating from HS/college?
- Amount of $ going to education?
- Test scores?

Educating your children is the most important job a parent has outside keeping the child well fed and protected. What kind question is that?

How important is it...that you go to a state that ranks high in education? I ask because I live in Texas, which ranks low in education.

WTF, is this pick on the 'South' week? ...and you live in Texas. This is your second thread on the South. When are we having pick on the 'North' week?

@Cint

Back