how important is breathing

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
obviously breathing is important or u die but like certain techniques ect swimmers apparently have it down to a science how they must take breaths when swimming.

im not a great swimmer but im curious if a lot of cardio issues come down to guys not breathing properly freaking out and taking spastic breaths or what have you im curious what you guys think on this issue

I ain't got time to breathe.
iu

Just get good cardio and be efficient. No one is consciously thinking about breathing while fighting except Dominick Cruz, who takes huge deep ‘resets’ in the middle of rounds

It's important to breath into your stomach rather than your chest. My boxing trainer used to tell me to take a deep breath and hold it for a few seconds to recover between rounds. For lifting breath into your core and think about expanding body outward rather than just your stomach.

I ain't got time to breathe.

I just spat my drink out and it's dribbling through my beard as I'm laughing and typing. Cheers for the laugh, I was in a bad mood until then.

Diaphragmatic breathing is calming, lowering elevated heart rate. It also helps with bracing when you lift, increasing strength and power.

It's a large part of amateur fighters issues, I doubt pros have the problem.

You guys are all wrong about this. Breathing is optional.

PeehPer you may want to specify when or in what situations. Overall learning how to control your breathing and your energy output as a whole will be something you develop as you learn to become more comfortable with what it is you're doing. For example a BJJ player throwing strikes will be tense until he becomes familiar with how to relax and vice versa.
Breathing for recovery (in between rds) or even to calm down after training is important too. Learning to calm yourself down is what helps take your body from Sympathetic to parasympathetic breathing (I might be saying those 2 backwards) which can aid in recovery
So can you please specify what/when it is you're asking about

Just get good cardio and be efficient. No one is consciously thinking about breathing while fighting except Dominick Cruz, who takes huge deep ‘resets’ in the middle of rounds
You have no idea what you're on about.

Depends upon the activity but generally yes, breathing is important lol. Breath in on the eccentric, out on the concentric.

Breathing is extremely important. It helps to brace your core for compound lifts and it's essential to doing well in anything that's endurance intensive.

obviously breathing is important or u die but like certain techniques ect swimmers apparently have it down to a science how they must take breaths when swimming.

im not a great swimmer but im curious if a lot of cardio issues come down to guys not breathing properly freaking out and taking spastic breaths or what have you im curious what you guys think on this issue
anything that hurts your breathing hurts your cardio too.

Breathing should only be done
with a certified instructor.

more from mma perspective i always wondered if theres certain breathing techniques ect that could actually make a difference

Back