How have they not invented a "cure" for male pattern baldness yet

guard_passer

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There is money to be made. Geneticists are 2 years away from reviving the wooly mammoth, but they cant stunt the male pattern baldness gene ?. Thank god for my genetics, I have a full head of hair, but so many of my coworkers are receding, thinning or flat out bald, I feel for them

Mickey Rourke solved it.

article-2724494-2083BF0000000578-407_634x750.jpg

There is money to be made. Geneticists are 2 years away from reviving the wooly mammoth, but they cant stunt the male pattern baldness gene ?. Thank god for my genetics, I have a full head of hair, but so many of my coworkers are receding, thinning or flat out bald, I feel for them

That's not how genetics work. You can't just change your genetics in the middle of your life. Scientists can manipulate the germ line so that offspring can have altered genetics, but once an organism's life has already begun it's pretty much too late to do anything. The one exception to that being "gene therapy" using engineered retroviruses but that technology is still relatively poorly understood and can have very bad side effects, like causing cancer.

That's not how genetics work. You can't just change your genetics in the middle of your life. Scientists can manipulate the germ line so that offspring can have altered genetics, but once an organism's life has already begun it's pretty much too late to do anything. The one exception to that being "gene therapy" using engineered retroviruses but that technology is still relatively poorly understood and can have very bad side effects, like causing cancer.
What about stem cells?

Cure? Its not Aids or Cancer. There is no need for a Cure.

Hey idk if u noticed. But the word cure in the title is in quotations. I was expecting you

I did and I appericate that. I just dont like the word Cure. It should be something Why havent they came up with something to provide bald people with CHOICE to have hair or not. Got to give bald people some respect.

Let's come up with a good CT explanation. Rogaine is paying to keep the cure buried, otherwise there goes their business.

This is actually women's fault. If all women would stop breeding with bald men then there would be no one to carry on the gene. Once again, women cant do anything right.

b/c nobody dies from it
just like acne....

if people died left and right from baldness (like say Polio in the 50s), shit would be cured in no time

Back