How have expectations sunk so low for Conor McGregor?

The Jose Aldo KO is the biggest accomplishment McGregor will ever have in MMA.

That was the pinnacle of his career, it was all downhill from there.

Oh ffs... I don't waste my time with people who grasp at straws to this degree.
That's quite funny, considering it is in fact you who's the one talking shit lol.

Mcgregors second ufc fight - "but his opponent was inexperienced"
No fucking shit sherlock LMAO

The Jose Aldo KO is the biggest accomplishment McGregor will ever have in MMA.

That was the pinnacle of his career, it was all downhill from there.
The first ever similtanious two weight ufc champion after destroying the LW champion was pretty big, sure that wasn't the pinnacle?

Wasn't Max coming off the wrestle fuck loss too Bermudez when he took the Conor fight?

I seem to recall him rocking or dropping him with a high kick too before Conor desided to take it to the ground.
Loooool
Watch it again, Conor absolutely humiliated him everywhere in that fight...
As for the Bermudez fight, it was a very 50/50 scrap, much of nothing.

Right now, Conor's only winnable fights at LW that could also restore some hype to his image is Dustin Poirier. A third fight against Nate would not do that.

Ferguson and Lee would beat Conor.

Lol, yup, everyone beats conor
*nods sarcastically*

So glad we can all agree that all of mcgregors opponents have been shit except Khabib who finally exposed him and the whole ufc roster for average they are.
Lol, fml.

People were talking like he was some badass hero for being gifted a title shot against the champion of his own division after 2 years of inactivity.

We've literally reached a point where people celebrate if he goes and parties, sells whisky, or if he wins a round in a fight where he gets destroyed.

Remember the days when he was the 2 weight world champ and supposed to become a GOAT?

The man is completely pissing away his prime and people are celebrating it.

The hate runs deep through your bum soul.

Loooool
Watch it again, Conor absolutely humiliated him everywhere in that fight...
As for the Bermudez fight, it was a very 50/50 scrap, much of nothing.
I don't recall the Bermudez fight being 50/50 but it's been a while so i may be wrong.

I'm pretty confident I remember Max landing a nice head kick on Conor though but again it's been a while so i suppose I could be mistaken.

I don't recall the Bermudez fight being 50/50 but it's been a while so i may be wrong.

I'm pretty confident I remember Max landing a nice head kick on Conor though but again it's been a while so i suppose I could be mistaken.

It was as much of a glancing kick as Barbozas against Khabib, mcg did a lil slut drop (squat) and was even in guard whilst doing so.
Never dropped and never 'wobbled'
Max did land some absolutely beautiful straight rights and had he been more experience, would prob have chopped up mcgregors lead leg a lot more.

Funnily enough, looking back at that fight with how mcgregor has fought since, it was an odd fight -
Spend half throwing kicks and the other half wrestling : literally the two things that he isn't known for and the latter, he is actually criticised for lol.

The first ever similtanious two weight ufc champion after destroying the LW champion was pretty big, sure that wasn't the pinnacle?

I don't give a shit about belts or any of that nonsense.

All I do is watch the actual fights and take into consideration who the fighters are and what the skills are.

And Eddie Alvarez is a very mediocre fighter, even if he got lucky and beat RDA in their fight.

To me it doesn't matter that Eddie had the belt, because his skills are just not up to par in my opinion.

Conor looked good, but he was fighting a mediocre fighter and an easy stylistic match up for him.

It was as much of a glancing kick as Barbozas against Khabib, mcg did a lil slut drop (squat) and was even in guard whilst doing so.
Never dropped and never 'wobbled'
Max did land some absolutely beautiful straight rights and had he been more experience, would prob have chopped up mcgregors lead leg a lot more.

Funnily enough, looking back at that fight with how mcgregor has fought since, it was an odd fight -
Spend half throwing kicks and the other half wrestling : literally the two things that he isn't known for and the latter, he is actually criticised for lol.

Fair enough. By "slut drop" I'm assuming you mean his knees buckled but he recovered quickly?

Haha. That last part is a good point, Max must have been doing something right to take him out of his comfort zone.

Would be an interesting rematch now that Max has matured and come into his own.

I don't give a shit about belts or any of that nonsense.

All I do is watch the actual fights and take into consideration who the fighters are and what the skills are.

And Eddie Alvarez is a very mediocre fighter, even if he got lucky and beat RDA in their fight.

To me it doesn't matter that Eddie had the belt, because his skills are just not up to par in my opinion.

Conor looked good, but he was fighting a mediocre fighter and an easy stylistic match up for him.
You don't care about belts... Or rankings? Are you fucking dumb lol?

Do you rate the early pre limmers as much as the main card fighters?
Cos by your logic, the only difference in them in that fight is their ranking and status, right?
Donut.

Eddie Alverez won multiple belts in multiple top professional organisations.
You need to learn what 'respect' means.

You don't care about belts... Or rankings? Are you fucking dumb lol?

Do you rate the early pre limmers as much as the main card fighters?
Cos by your logic, the only difference in them in that fight is their ranking and status, right?
Donut.

Eddie Alverez won multiple belts in multiple top professional organisations.
You need to learn what 'respect' means.

I don't give a shit about respect, only facts.

Yes, there are guys at low levels like Islam Makhachev and Zabit Magomedsharipov who can beat the shit out of the top dogs of their division, they just haven't had the opportunity yet.

Khabib was better than Anthony Pettis before he could even get a visa to fight in the US, meanwhile Pettis was UFC champion.

You don't need to look at rankings if you actually know martial arts and have eyes to see what is happening inside that cage for yourself.

As long as you are not a retarded sheep with no combat sports experience like yourself, and you need to be told who is good and who isn't.

Fair enough. By "slut drop" I'm assuming you mean his knees buckled but he recovered quickly?

Haha. That last part is a good point, Max must have been doing something right to take him out of his comfort zone.

Would be an interesting rematch now that Max has matured and come into his own.
Ye but he was mid hop back too so was like mid air, landed after getting hit, squatted then popped right back up and immediately dominated again, poor max really was a fish out of water in that fight, he got beat up bad.

Was very odd, I don't think either really intended for it to end up on the ground but once it did, max showed that he had next to no ground game and I think mcgregor found the easiest path to victory... Which in his second ufc fight, was pivotal.

100%, that'd prob be one of the goat fights, two similar strikers, of similar build, same weight and no intention of ground game just standing in the pocket throwing down...
A more skilled Lawler vs Rory Mac?
I'd fking love that fight man, unfortunately, I think max's time in the ufc is nearly up.

I don't give a shit about respect, only facts.

Yes, there are guys at low levels like Islam Makhachev and Zabit Magomedsharipov who can beat the shit out of the top dogs of their division, they just haven't had the opportunity yet.

Khabib was better than Anthony Pettis before he could even get a visa to fight in the US, meanwhile Pettis was UFC champion.

You don't need to look at rankings if you actually know martial arts.

Retard.
Read back what you just said and try and actually make sense of it.
I literally feel sorry for you and your bias bro.
Have a great day
:*

What do you make of his devastating win over Poirier and beating the current FW champ with a torn knee? Just out of interest.

holy shit, he beat a 21 year old over 5 years ago?!?! the fucking GOAT discussion is dead! JEEZUS CHRIST HES UNSTOPPABLE

Ye but he was mid hop back too so was like mid air, landed after getting hit, squatted then popped right back up and immediately dominated again, poor max really was a fish out of water in that fight, he got beat up bad.

Was very odd, I don't think either really intended for it to end up on the ground but once it did, max showed that he had next to no ground game and I think mcgregor found the easiest path to victory... Which in his second ufc fight, was pivotal.

100%, that'd prob be one of the goat fights, two similar strikers, of similar build, same weight and no intention of ground game just standing in the pocket throwing down...
A more skilled Lawler vs Rory Mac?
I'd fking love that fight man, unfortunately, I think max's time in the ufc is nearly up.

yeah unfortunately you may be right. it's starting to look like Max may end up going down as one of the many 'what if'' and "what could have been" stories in combat sports being as young and talented as he is.

A move up to LW and saving his body the stress of that big cut may save him though.

Now they celebrate his "amazing chin" and how great he was at taking so much damage and not crying.

Conor fans desperate to find something... ANYTHING to celebrate their hero...

conoralone.jpg

yeah unfortunately you may be right. it's starting to look like Max may end up going down as one of the many 'what if'' and "what could have been" stories in combat sports being as young and talented as he is.

A move up to LW and saving his body the stress of that big cut may save him though.
I don't think so man, unfortunately, I think the damage is cerebral and if mma has any true medical care about it, he won't be sanctioned soon enough.

Tbf, Diaz has got by for a while.

The ufc is only 25, I have a feeling that when we are old, many of the fighters we were once fans of, are gonna be dribbling messes.

As for Ortega!

I don't think so man, unfortunately, I think the damage is cerebral and if mma has any true medical care about it, he won't be sanctioned soon enough.

Tbf, Diaz has got by for a while.

The ufc is only 25, I have a feeling that when we are old, many of the fighters we were once fans of, are gonna be dribbling messes.

As for Ortega!

They may very well be.

As for Ortega I think both Max and Jose beat him and unless both either move up or retire he will never be champ.

He's huge for a FW himself though and will likely also be forced to move up.

Back