How have expectations sunk so low for Conor McGregor?

But Holloway had more fights in the ufc by that point and McGregor had a torn knee. McGregor beats Holloway if they fight again anyway so it’s a pointless debate eh.
Only way to find out is......if the UFC schedule McG vs Holloway again and i'd be all for that. Don't know if McG can make 145lbs (in fact...I do know....he cannot) so it would need to be at 155lbs.

My bet is that Holloway in 2018 easily wins that fight, but it's pointless arguing about it as we won't know unless it happens again.
And YES obviously I do know it happened 5 years ago but 5 years ago is a very long time in MMA, every fighter is developing and changing their abilities almost all the time.

It’s mma. Everyone losses.... he is one win away from being worshiped back again. His trash talk and mental warfare wont work like before , though.

Right now, Conor's only winnable fights at LW that could also restore some hype to his image is Dustin Poirier. A third fight against Nate would not do that.

Ferguson and Lee would beat Conor.

the guy has clearly watched since at *least* Aug 2013 when the Holloway fight was (see his posts). So.... the poster OGfrom2007....he's obviously not new to the game.

C'mon man, you're better than that.
The comment was in reference to him conveniently ignoring every fight before nate diaz lol.

Or Khabib will prove to be the Juiced Jones to his DC and Conor will run through everyone else he possibly fights at 155. Getting beaten by the undefeated Khabib is no measure of anything, objectively speaking.

Wow, Conor fans are getting desperate and trying to accuse Khabib of taking PEDs in hopes of restoring the destroyed image of their idol.

What do you make of his devastating win over Poirier and beating the current FW champ with a torn knee? Just out of interest.

Poirier is a bottom of the top8 fighter. He can rise above that ranking now and then, but that's where he truly stands, skill-wise. It's a decent win, but nowhere close to being in the same league as Mendes, Aldo, or even Nate.

The win over Holloway is hilariously overrated. Max was 22 then - that's the same age Conor was when he was getting insta-tapped by Duffee.

And that fight marked the first time when I started to suspect that Conor had a weak gas tank. He was visibly slowing in the second, and went for the TD as Max was starting to land. When have we ever seen Conor opt for a TD? Luckily for him, Max was green as can be then, so he was able to control him to a DEC.

Poirier is a bottom of the top8 fighter. He can rise above that ranking now and then, but that's where he truly stands, skill-wise. It's a decent win, but nowhere close to being in the same league as Mendes, Aldo, or even Nate.
On the Poirier thing...i'd really like to see the Nate fight rescheduled but I don't think they'll do that. I think it's McG vs Nate next, sometime in 1st quarter of 2019.
Also i'd like to see Poirier vs Ferguson (IF Ferguson vs Khabib is not possible for whatever reason).

My view is that of the people who I think have done enough to warrant a title-shot at 155lbs against Khabib, it should be Ferguson 1st (due to his recent win, and showed his leg injury hasn't hindered him unduly) and then Poirier next (big shame about his cancelled fight) Those two guys should both get title shots and I am sure Khabib would instantly say "yes" to both of them. Alvarez so i heard is about to go fight elsewhere.

155lbs division is just stacked with fun and interesting fighters. Some of the new names like Alexander Hernandez are looking just excellent, but need more time to get more wins and prove their way on their rise thru the rankings.

Only way to find out is......if the UFC schedule McG vs Holloway again and i'd be all for that. Don't know if McG can make 145lbs (in fact...I do know....he cannot) so it would need to be at 155lbs.

My bet is that Holloway in 2018 easily wins that fight, but it's pointless arguing about it as we won't know unless it happens again.
And YES obviously I do know it happened 5 years ago but 5 years ago is a very long time in MMA, every fighter is developing and changing their abilities almost all the time.

Holloway in 2018 would probably Amanda-Nunez Conor.

The win over Holloway is hilariously overrated. Max was 22 then - that's the same age Conor was when he was getting insta-tapped by Duffee.

And that fight marked the first time when I started to suspect that Conor had a weak gas tank. He was visibly slowing in the second, and went for the TD as Max was starting to land. When have we ever seen Conor opt for a TD? Luckily for him, Max was green as can be then, so he was able to control him to a DEC.

It was mcgregors second ufc fight.
It was maxs fourth ufc fight.

As for you suspecting his gas tank having problems cos of that fight, laughable.
And its a bad thing that he got four take downs and 5minute total top control.
What the fuck are you on about lol :s

Holloway in 2018 would probably Amanda-Nunez Conor.
Yep i know what you mean. They made a huge mistake in matching Rousey with Nunes who hits HARD and is accurate and aggressive and she is also a big woman for the 135lb division. That was very naive by some matchmaker in the UFC. Nunes is a hard hard fight for basically anyone at 135lbs.

UFC should be careful not to further damage Conor's image etc, and match him up against someone that is a KNOWN quantity, that they know is very unlikely to unilaterally decide to wrestle, someone Conor knows he can beat.... someone like .... Nate Diaz. I think that fight is already set and agreed, it's just a matter of them picking which PPV to put it on.

The guy literally has a good left cross and a decent left uppercut. That's his entire arsenal. His lead hand is useless. His kicks are more for show
His teep kick seems quite effective. Has sucked the wind out of some guys, and kept them at distance. Neither showy nor useless.

People were talking like he was some badass hero for being gifted a title shot against the champion of his own division after 2 years of inactivity.

We've literally reached a point where people celebrate if he goes and parties, sells whisky, or if he wins a round in a fight where he gets destroyed.

Remember the days when he was the 2 weight world champ and supposed to become a GOAT?

The man is completely pissing away his prime and people are celebrating it.

Hey found and irl picture of you.
fatsherdog.jpg

He beat Holloway when he was barely post-pubescent. Max literally went to a split-decision against Leonard goddamn Garcia a few months prior to his short-notice fight against McGregor. It's like asking me "what do you think of Joe Duffy tapping Conor in under a minute." Totally different fighter. Conor's win over Poirier is about as impressive as Michael Johnson knocking him out even faster. Both guys caught a guy with a suspect chin and put him away.

Bravo, sir. You raised some excellent points.

Wasn't Max coming off the wrestle fuck loss too Bermudez when he took the Conor fight?

I seem to recall him rocking or dropping him with a high kick too before Conor desided to take it to the ground.

Back