How have expectations sunk so low for Conor McGregor?

What did Aldo do in the ufc? I’ll wait. Years? Meaning Conor accomplished far more in far shorter of a span? Bro, did you even trane for this debate?
Aldo has 7 UFC FW championship belts. Conor has 1. I'm confused what answer you were hoping for?

I’m a fan of his. I admit he was embarrassed, didn’t come to fight, didn’t look dedicated and determined and fought like it too. Do you pick and choose what voices you generalize?

LOL. You are still making excuses?

Please suck my cornhole? You can’t just say stuff and pretend you’re right. Conor is 1 max is 2 Aldo is 3 by default. Questions? Raise your hand bitch

Conor couldn't even defend his title. Go back to Ireland, little cockroach.

If every Champion won a title. Didnt have to defend and then got an immediate title shot at a weight above there would have been about 10 'Champ Champs' before him. The myth is busted.
Let them go back to there straw narratives. If he comes back and beats Khabib we can talk. For now let him promote whiskey and go to Drake concerts. We got an actual FW beast whos defending his title AGAIN, Like champs should in a few months.

He beat Holloway when he was barely post-pubescent. Max literally went to a split-decision against Leonard goddamn Garcia a few months prior to his short-notice fight against McGregor. It's like asking me "what do you think of Joe Duffy tapping Conor in under a minute." Totally different fighter. Conor's win over Poirier is about as impressive as Michael Johnson knocking him out even faster. Both guys caught a guy with a suspect chin and put him away.

Bravo, sir. You raised some excellent points.

But Holloway had more fights in the ufc by that point and McGregor had a torn knee. McGregor beats Holloway if they fight again anyway so it’s a pointless debate eh.

Simple, he was exposed.

Mcg was always a counter puncher that guys couldn't get his reach and for some reason his left hand,(which means a lot about gameplanning and style analysis in mma) he got favored by dana the the UFC matchmaking while getting title shots by his obnoxious shit talk. Once he got a real threat he crumbled with khabib and he struggled against Nate, not to mention his horrid cardio.

Regardless of how mcg was exposed, it's amazing how much time it took for a fighter to expose his style which it took a freakshow in boxing to expose his striking, we all know his greatest weakness was wrestling but striking wise we haven't seen it until the khabib fight.

Mcg is just a overrated fighter who got favored by the ufc.

Lol

Conor has a higher chance of being juiced than Khabib. Dude is has made 8 figure paydays for his last 5 fights. I'd be juicing too.

Dunno why this tagged me lol.

But on this topic, let's just hope neither pop.

People were talking like he was some badass hero for being gifted a title shot against the champion of his own division after 2 years of inactivity.

We've literally reached a point where people celebrate if he goes and parties, or if he wins a round in a fight where he gets destroyed.

Remember the days when he was the 2 weight world champ and supposed to become a GOAT?

The man is completely pissing away his prime and people are celebrating it.

he should have stayed at FW. He really is just a bulked up FW. His body is not made for LW

Lil' fellas on the tail end of his prime. Small reflex fighters, best example being RJJ, always fall really hard usually beginning in the early thirties.

Irrelevant.

Don't pretend like Max was even close to what he is today
Conor was losing to guys on the regional circuit at that age but that doesn't count because he was young; but Max losing to Conor is definitive :p

For the record I don't think Conor losing at that age means anything because he was still learning; but neither does beating Max at that age for the same reason. Neither was close to their prime at the time

Last edited:
The guy literally has a good left cross and a decent left uppercut. That's his entire arsenal. His lead hand is useless. His kicks are more for show as are his knees. It absolutely blows my mind that people act like he is a magician on the feet just because Aldo wildly underestimated that left hand and because he beat up Eddie "I get dropped every fight" Alvarez. Let's not even talk about his life-and-death fights with Nate "I have 11 losses" Diaz.

He's a manufactured "great." He'd be lucky to go 5-5 in the LW division now that everybody knows his mind games and that left hand are literally all he has.
This.

@OGfrom2007 more or less nailed the whole story, IMHO.

Came from an Irish newspaper. Harsh on their boy but made me laugh.

I wonder if that particular news headline was sponsored in whole or in part by Jameson whiskey.

LOL, everyone who says anything negative about Conor is labelled as Mysterio.

Not necessarily.

If you posts 300+ over the period of 7 days and show severe obsession on Conor then yes, you are probably Mysterio.

You have only watched his recent fights eh, Intradesting.
the guy has clearly watched since at *least* Aug 2013 when the Holloway fight was (see his posts). So.... the poster OGfrom2007....he's obviously not new to the game.

C'mon man, you're better than that.

Back