How have expectations sunk so low for Conor McGregor?

People refused to admit to his gifted matchmaking and his (kinda fluke) best win over Aldo. The smart people here saw it, he is a top 5 FW and top 10-5 LW, which is still really good. Just not anywhere near GOAT discussions.
He’s the goat ufc fw of all time. There’s no case against it. You take his ufc run at fw and put anyone else’s next to it and it’s laughable. Prove me wrong.

People were talking like he was some badass hero for being gifted a title shot against the champion of his own division after 2 years of inactivity.

We've literally reached a point where people celebrate if he goes and parties, or if he wins a round in a fight where he gets destroyed.

Remember the days when he was the 2 weight world champ as supposed to become a GOAT?

The man is completely pissing away his prime and people are celebrating it.

Your obsessed.

Of course we bash the guy for various reasons.....not defending his titles, pimping bathtub gin, the bus incident, etc.

But he's made 9 figures. If he retired today, his children would never have to work. His prime came and went and he's still set for life, because he convinced his countrymen to follow him around the world.

Kind of disturbing in a Jim Jones kind of way, but whatever.
Did Conor poison the Proper 12?

They should just cheer on their 2 round Kingpin. Not too much different than PRIDE Overeem. If someone could make it through the first ten minute round, it was a sure win. Otherwise, Overeem would get his hand raised.

This is a little played out TS.

It’s mma. Everyone losses.... he is one win away from being worshiped back again. His trash talk and mental warfare wont work like before , though.

He's a manufactured "great." He'd be lucky to go 5-5 in the LW division now that everybody knows his mind games and that left hand are literally all he has.

Or Khabib will prove to be the Juiced Jones to his DC and Conor will run through everyone else he possibly fights at 155. Getting beaten by the undefeated Khabib is no measure of anything, objectively speaking.

Or Khabib will prove to be the Juiced Jones to his DC and Conor will run through everyone else he possibly fights at 155. Getting beaten by the undefeated Khabib is no measure of anything, objectively speaking.

Conor has a higher chance of being juiced than Khabib. Dude is has made 8 figure paydays for his last 5 fights. I'd be juicing too.

The guy literally has a good left cross and a decent left uppercut. That's his entire arsenal. His lead hand is useless. His kicks are more for show as are his knees. It absolutely blows my mind that people act like he is a magician on the feet just because Aldo wildly underestimated that left hand and because he beat up Eddie "I get dropped every fight" Alvarez. Let's not even talk about his life-and-death fights with Nate "I have 11 losses" Diaz.

He's a manufactured "great." He'd be lucky to go 5-5 in the LW division now that everybody knows his mind games and that left hand are literally all he has.
This is entirely how I feel. I've said over and over that all people need to do is weather the storm by pressuring Conor and draining his gas tank. By the 3rd round his punches don't have the same speed or pop to them.

Once his main weapon is gone, he's not that good of a fighter. He's like Roy Nelson when he's tired.

He dropped Diaz in rounds 1 and 2, but failed to drop him or hurt him again after that. Once his cardio is gone, his power and speed goes with it.

Simple, he was exposed.

Mcg was always a counter puncher that guys couldn't get his reach and for some reason his left hand,(which means a lot about gameplanning and style analysis in mma) he got favored by dana and the UFC matchmaking while getting title shots by his obnoxious shit talk. Once he got a real threat he crumbled with khabib and he struggled against Nate, not to mention his horrid cardio.

Regardless of how mcg was exposed, it's amazing how much time it took for a fighter to expose his style which it took a freakshow in boxing to expose his striking, we all know his greatest weakness was wrestling but striking wise we haven't seen it until the khabib fight.

Mcg is just a overrated fighter who got favored by the ufc.

EDIT: Grammar error.

Last edited:
He’s the goat ufc fw of all time. There’s no case against it. You take his ufc run at fw and put anyone else’s next to it and it’s laughable. Prove me wrong.
Aldo was the #1 FW for 7 years.
Conor was the #1 FW for 7 months.

There, I proved it.

This is entirely how I feel. I've said over and over that all people need to do is weather the storm by pressuring Conor and draining his gas tank. By the 3rd round his punches don't have the same speed or pop to them.

Once his main weapon is gone, he's not that good of a fighter. He's like Roy Nelson when he's tired.

He dropped Diaz in rounds 1 and 2, but failed to drop him or hurt him again after that. Once his cardio is gone, his power and speed goes with it.

Conor McGregor is a con job for the ages. Zero title defenses. Fake power in his punches. Two good weapons.

In five years people will be reflecting back on Conor's shitstain fans and how big of a fraud the guy was.

Simple, he was exposed.

Mcg was always a counter puncher that guys couldn't get his reach and for some reason his left hand,(which means a lot about gameplanning and style analysis in mma) he got favored by dana the the UFC matchmaking while getting title shots by his obnoxious shit talk. Once he got a real threat he crumbled with khabib and he struggled against Nate, not to mention his horrid cardio.

Regardless of how mcg was exposed, it's amazing how much time it took for a fighter to expose his style which it took a freakshow in boxing to expose his striking, we all know his greatest weakness was wrestling but striking wise we haven't seen it until the khabib fight.

Mcg is just a overrated fighter who got favored by the ufc.

FW goat, champ champ, signed to fight dos anjos(the guy pulled out with a sore foot lol)
Mendes, Porier, Holloway, Diaz, Alvarez, Aldo. Great resume. Most popular fighter ever. Richest mma fighter ever. Try harder salty boy

Conor has a higher chance of being juiced than Khabib. Dude is has made 8 figure paydays for his last 5 fights. I'd be juicing too.

I wasn't accusing Khabib of juicing. You missed the point.

Lil' fellas on the tail end of his prime. Small reflex fighters, best example being RJJ, always fall really hard usually beginning in the early thirties.

Jose, or arguably Max now, please dude.

Aldo was the #1 FW for 7 years.
Conor was the #1 FW for 7 months.

There, I proved it.
What did Aldo do in the ufc? I’ll wait. Years? Meaning Conor accomplished far more in far shorter of a span? Bro, did you even trane for this debate?

Jose, or arguably Max now, please dude.
Please suck my cornhole? You can’t just say stuff and pretend you’re right. Conor is 1 max is 2 Aldo is 3 by default. Questions? Raise your hand bitch

Back