How has your social life been since you started training?

Social life is what you make of it. Your training partners are your friends and family now. Just bc other ppl go to bars and clubs etc doesn't mean you need to. Ppl tell me all the time all I do is train, like it's a bad thing lol

My sherbros

Keep embracing the grind, its inspiring to hear from you all.

Before training I only hung out with my 2 best friends and its still that way. I have a handful of people that I get together with at least once a year, but I am more then happy with how things are right now. I have set some goals, and it feels good to live up to them.

My current goals are to get strong as fuck, then go to a MMA specfic gym and take at least an amateur fight, but I need to save some more money. I have been thinking of becoming a CPT and doing that on the side with my current job. I want to accomplish all of this within the next year.

Just my opinion but one I wouldn't worry so much about getting strong before going into the MMA gym, start that asap. Personally I think a person should be training minimum of a year before taking an amateur fight, if not longer. Its a nice goal but I wouldn't focus too much on the timeline, take the fight when your coaches believe you are ready

Social life is what you make of it. Your training partners are your friends and family now. Just bc other ppl go to bars and clubs etc doesn't mean you need to. Ppl tell me all the time all I do is train, like it's a bad thing lol

Well, some variety is good, but I've definitely made a lot of friends through jiu jitsu, too. Why does everyone seem to think "social life" = "going out to bars"? Heck, these days half our social lives are online.

Well, some variety is good, but I've definitely made a lot of friends through jiu jitsu, too. Why does everyone seem to think "social life" = "going out to bars"? Heck, these days half our social lives are online.

Maybe that's an age thing too lol
I'm generally saying that whatever it is that 'everyone' is doing doesn't have to be what you do. Whether that's going out, binge watching Netflix, watching other sports etc. You do you, if you enjoy what you are doing who cares if ppl think you have no life

I have been strength training pretty dang heavy for almost 5 months and I must say, I really dont have the energy to do anything else. I work 4 days a week walking 8-10 miles per shift.

If you don’t mind me asking, what line of work are you in where you get to walk 8-10 miles/day?? I’d love a job where I’m on my feet that much. I need a career change..

Social life will take a toll but sacrifices have to be made.

I still somehow miraculously have a social life, but I mainly just hang out with my best friend, she always ask me to hang out though but she always tries to be considerate of me, and she also invites me to parties.

Now a days since I'm not in a fight gym I just fit all my training into one day, and one trip to the gym. And I do circuits now so it's a lot quicker and I only stay like an hr or so over their (circuit training, shadowboxing, and running) if I do a full body circuit one day, then I'll just do a conditioning and explosive circuit the next and just do 5 rounds of shadowboxing, and just go for my run (I would hit the heavy bag if the basketball court room was open).

I still got work and what not, so I only hang out with that friend maybe 2x a week, and if I'm bored at home after a workout waiting to go to work I usually just go to my old job dominos and just hang out over their for a while just to see my friends really.

I still somehow miraculously have a social life, but I mainly just hang out with my best friend, she always ask me to hang out though but she always tries to be considerate of me, and she also invites me to parties.

Now a days since I'm not in a fight gym I just fit all my training into one day, and one trip to the gym. And I do circuits now so it's a lot quicker and I only stay like an hr or so over their (circuit training, shadowboxing, and running) if I do a full body circuit one day, then I'll just do a conditioning and explosive circuit the next and just do 5 rounds of shadowboxing, and just go for my run (I would hit the heavy bag if the basketball court room was open).

I still got work and what not, so I only hang out with that friend maybe 2x a week, and if I'm bored at home after a workout waiting to go to work I usually just go to my old job dominos and just hang out over their for a while just to see my friends really.

Does training for 1hr a week qualify? Do you even lift?

Honestly I try to meet my friends in the gym. I am lucky I go boxing with friends, then I play amateur soccer with friends. I try to always workout with friends in the gym - I have a lot of friends going to the gym so we try to meet up for a work out. Girls do notice my sexy body so it is easier with them too :)

With a baby at home and full time job, sport is my social life (besides visiting friends and family mostly for dinner)

Many, one of the kickboxers girls told me the other day she didn´t train on Friday because that day was for her (meaning party of course). That´s fine but I almost asked her if she didnt train for her.
Everyone wants to fuck me.
You must be kind of a cute girl.
With a baby at home and full time job, sport is my social life (besides visiting friends and family mostly for dinner)
You´re lucky, some wives here don´t let their husbands train after they got them with a baby xD-

If you don’t mind me asking, what line of work are you in where you get to walk 8-10 miles/day?? I’d love a job where I’m on my feet that much. I need a career change..
Try getting a job as a package handler at ups. It sucks.

@Phlog please add this to your flowchart:

Did you get friendzoned?
You don't even lift.

Try getting a job as a package handler at ups. It sucks.
My buddy's rate is going up to 40 an hour now after the threatened strike. That along with the health insurance and pension make that a damn good wadge for not having to sit in an office all day

~DaViD~

Back