How hard will Jim Lampley cry on Oct 27 HBO's last boxing show ever?

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I noticed HBO boxing has one show left before officially retiring from the boxing business.

Lampley cries over anything every interview his mouth is trembling and his eyes are about to water, there is something wrong with that man, I never seen someone tear up is this a medication issue?

Anyway Danny Jacobs will headline the last show, I believe Lampley will quiver again and Roy and Max will just stand there awkwardly as Lampley signs off trying to hold back tears.

Lampley will be an emotional wreck , blubbering like a tap

I've been hearing they may finish with events in November and December but are done after the year

After all them years they just fell off didn't they
When you lose the ability to work with Al Haymon and Top Rank, you lose like 3/4 of the boxers with star power. Add in Eddie Hearn's new deal. Outside of Canelo and GGG, they had no one else besides the superfly division and Kovalev and it's last showing didn't do too hot and Kovalev isn't what he was.

Is crying for something that is significative in someone's life a bad thing now?

Is crying for something that is significative in someone's life a bad thing now?
Lampley cries over everything, I was watching him on Rich Eisen and he was beginning to start balling and his mouth was quivering and then he stopped. He gets glassy eyed all the time when speaking bout something.

I never seen someone emotional like that, maybe he is on meds or something.

he'll be becleft or whatever that word that mike myers used to use.

Lampley cries over everything, I was watching him on Rich Eisen and he was beginning to start balling and his mouth was quivering and then he stopped. He gets glassy eyed all the time when speaking bout something.

I never seen someone emotional like that, maybe he is on meds or something.
ya, but people are assholes too. I remember my Ma getting fired and recounting the event to my stepdad later in the day, he was a pure asshole, he said "did you're lip quiver like that when it happened?" and people wonder what my problem is with the corporate world. It's because they'll use you and lose you at will. My stepdad found that out himself, they were trying to fire him after 30 some years at his job over sexual talk, he said fuck it and retired but that's a long time to lose and be treated like that. I would never let my kids see that kind of shit (if i had any) it fucked me up bad. But it worked for me because these entities do use you and lose you when they are done.

Personally I like it when a commentator or host gets emotionally invested in the fight/fighters. It shows that he actually cares about the people he interviews or commentates on. To me Lampley getting emotional during a farewell of a fighter is just as impactful as Liev Schreiber's closing statements on the 24/7 fights that he covers.

While many people don't like Lampley I have always enjoyed his commentary and his hosting of HBO events. I'd much rather listen to him than listen to Teddy Atlas act like he's a legendary trainer.

Personally I like it when a commentator or host gets emotionally invested in the fight/fighters. It shows that he actually cares about the people he interviews or commentates on. To me Lampley getting emotional during a farewell of a fighter is just as impactful as Liev Schreiber's closing statements on the 24/7 fights that he covers.

While many people don't like Lampley I have always enjoyed his commentary and his hosting of HBO events. I'd much rather listen to him than listen to Teddy Atlas act like he's a legendary trainer.
I dont mind that

but Lampley cries on anything, I heard him on some radio show from new york that does hip hop and he started crying during the interview or quivering, it was weird why cry on anything, something has to be up with this guys brain to be this emotional at everything heck you can tell him a fighter could afford mustard and he will start tearing up

he was NEVER like this until he hit his 60s.

I dont mind that

but Lampley cries on anything, I heard him on some radio show from new york that does hip hop and he started crying during the interview or quivering, it was weird why cry on anything, something has to be up with this guys brain to be this emotional at everything heck you can tell him a fighter could afford mustard and he will start tearing up

he was NEVER like this until he hit his 60s.

Fuck man I cry at funerals of people I don't even know lmao

I'm canceling HBO right after the final broadcast.

I bet HBO will have boxing events in the future.

His emotion shows how important boxing on HBO was and how much he invested his life into it.

Nothing wrong with it.

Back