how hard do you throw

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
when your sparring hard or in a fight i feel alot of my issues is i use to try to get over with my speed than powerful shots im always afraid id gas so i only ever really throw shots at 50/60% unless its a shot i really want to land i dont think this is a good strat to use

im faster than a lot of guys my size but without power behind my shots they wont respect them as much im curious what temp do you prefer power wise like you start off and wana throw a left hook do you throw them as hard as you can almost all the time curious how others feel

its a fight and cardio is a big deal but you also have to hurt the other guy so being as smart as you can with how you use energy matters trying to find the best way for me

Sparring for the most part for me is about 50%, unless its someone looking for a gym war.

Most of the time, even with a bigger partner, I can still work and get them to respect my strikes with volume and mixing it up in level changes and angles. Likewise, the same happens to me against a better (smaller) striker. I do shut down occasionally, more when I was less experienced.

One of my main teammates was quite fast in angling and knew how to "play" well, he was able to blitz onto my blindspot, and as I squared up, I was eating basically what were counter shots as I was moving into them. It worked well actually.

In a street fight, I throw 110%. Guilty of haymakers, but against multiple opponents, it's the only way.

when your sparring hard or in a fight i feel alot of my issues is i use to try to get over with my speed than powerful shots im always afraid id gas so i only ever really throw shots at 50/60% unless its a shot i really want to land i dont think this is a good strat to use

im faster than a lot of guys my size but without power behind my shots they wont respect them as much im curious what temp do you prefer power wise like you start off and wana throw a left hook do you throw them as hard as you can almost all the time curious how others feel

its a fight and cardio is a big deal but you also have to hurt the other guy so being as smart as you can with how you use energy matters trying to find the best way for me

when you fight, not every punch needs to be 100%. fights will feel more and more like sparring the more exp you get.

Everything with the intention of #headcleanoff. Proud member of @j123 's just bang crew.

Seriously though, entirely depends on the sparring partner, but I rather tell a guy to dial it back a little than engage in a gym war. Too much chance of injuries.

Everything with the intention of #headcleanoff. Proud member of @j123 's just bang crew.

Seriously though, entirely depends on the sparring partner, but I rather tell a guy to dial it back a little than engage in a gym war. Too much chance of injuries.

obviously in gym you dont go all out except to body but in a fight i dont see how guys can throw every shot with bad intentions but in mma guys will get clipped by random shots and they go down im like how does he have the stamina to throw every shot with power

obviously in gym you dont go all out except to body but in a fight i dont see how guys can throw every shot with bad intentions but in mma guys will get clipped by random shots and they go down im like how does he have the stamina to throw every shot with power
I don’t think your sparring hard enough. When your adrenaline is going most people aren’t throwing light. 70-80% into every shot at first.

You definitely need hard sparring days where you are trying to hurt your training partner and they are trying to hurt you. But only in preparing for fights. Really puts the fear in your heart when you are tired and battling for your life. But at the same time it’s a controlled environment so you know if you get hurt someone won’t just swarm and finish you

Also you need to hit the bag hard and the mitts hard. Get tired so you know what it feels like. Obviously you can’t sacrifice technique or load up. But almost as hard as you can with the best technique you can

Last edited:
You can generate more than enough power to KO someone with proper technique, without having to use boatloads of power. It's much more about precision and not seeing the shot coming than having put a load of power into a technique. I've knocked people out and down in fights, but it was never with shots were I thought "Here comes the power punch!".

Edit: also what @biscuitsbrah just said.

What's all this percent shit? You hit them hard, or you hit them light. As soon as it's a percentage, it's hard...

Same thing when sparring people and they catch every mid kick ypu throw - sometimes you have to put some pepper on it so they can get that moment of realization that youre going easy.

not sure if i explained that right

Last edited:
What's all this percent shit? You hit them hard, or you hit them light. As soon as it's a percentage, it's hard...

Don't you have the Sherdogger's built in sparing HUD with percentage power adjustment, it's also got penis length and girth controls...........you get it when you reach 8% body fat........

I never hit as hard as I can. Not even on the bag. It will fuck up the technique and probably induce bad habits.

Controlled aggression is the way.

I never hit as hard as I can. Not even on the bag. It will fuck up the technique and probably induce bad habits.

I paralyzed my thumb for a couple hours once.

I paralyzed my thumb for a couple hours once.

From hitting as hard as you can? You shouldn't even load up on every single shot. A striking instructional shows you how to generate maximum amount of force, that's all. First get the basics in your system, they way you feel comfortable, then you can progressively add power.

Last edited:

that's were you have it all backward. you always throw with power when punching a bag and refine out the bad habits like racking your punches or not returning your hand straight to your guard. i have seen it a bunch of times in low level amateurs fights. a guy will come out trying to be technical and tidy and the moment he gets hit or realises his punches aren't doing shit he goes back to throwing haymakers. that is why you need to practice throwing quality punches at full power, otherwise all the technique goes out the window the moment you try to throw a decent punch.

Back