How GSP won the Serra rematch

The first fight he got clipped and tapped to strikes. The second fight he came in with a more muscled physique and much better wrestling.

What did GSP change? How did he become so dominant out of nowhere? He’s the male goat imo.
He said in interviews he just didn't take the fight so seriously the first time round. Got complacent I guess.

I was talking about the bulging muscles like DBZ Majin Vegeta except without the crackling lightning. He didn't look like that against Bisping.
Because he fought Bisping at 185 and not 170......??

GSP coming for that third belt. That’s what this is about. If GSP does get that belt, the haters will have their mythology to fall back on when all others agree that he’s the GOAT.

Yes he looked so out of shape before the first Serra fight... :rolleyes:

Picture_11_display_image.png

GSP has looked exactly the same his entire career. It's not like his skull got all enlarged or went from skinny to huge later in life like Anderson.

Very muscular guys who got off the sauce had a lot of that muscle mass melt away very quickly (look at Reem and Vitor), the fact GSP came back and has passed many random USADA tests while still maintaining that physique is just another notch in the natty GOAT's belt. He is just a jacked white boy and you all need to deal with it.

My god is that a real pic? He is jacked there.

Love how TS wants to pretend GSP suddenly got dominant. He tore through the ufc and was beating Matt good before the armbar. He didn’t change

Nothing changed, he just took the fight more serious.
OMG how did this get 20 likes? Sherdog is full of retards. Nothing changed? He totally changed and went in with another gameplan and didn't try and strike with Serra for fear of getting TKOd again. You make it seem like he just got caught and came in and beat Serra standing in the 2nd fight. After that fight GSP was pretty boring and took zero chances. That fight changed his career and how he fought, lol at nothing changed. I get that some of you are GSP fans but be truthful about it.

OMG how did this get 20 likes? Sherdog is full of retards. Nothing changed? He totally changed and went in with another gameplan and didn't try and strike with Serra for fear of getting TKOd again. You make it seem like he just got caught and came in and beat Serra standing in the 2nd fight. After that fight GSP was pretty boring and took zero chances. That fight changed his career and how he fought, lol at nothing changed. I get that some of you are GSP fans but be truthful about it.

He did just get caught lmao.

GSP grappled everyone he’s fought in the ufc. That’s always been his style.

GSP had been injured, and after months of saying that Serra was just the better man he said on a radio show that it his preparation was poor because of that injury and he might not have taken a fight against Matt Hughes in that state. An obvious sign that he underestimated Serra. That's perhaps neither here nor there though as he didn't lose for being clearly inferior, he lost by "getting caught" and we'll never know if that would have happened with better preparation or not. It's certainly possible to catch a better fighter with something, hence the term "lucky punch".

He just came back with a different game plan and better preparation and we saw the difference between them that we expected to see already in the first fight.

Any accusations of doing PEDs aren't very logical as if he were to cheat that way, why would he start at that point specifically (which the entire insinuation was based on)? Why not when he lost to Hughes? Why not in order to get to the UFC to begin with? Not that such speculation matters much since we have no tests that back it up. If he loses a test I'll suspect him for far more than just that time, like I do with everyone, but since we need some proof for serious accusations I'll leave my comments for the fighters that have actually gotten caught. Especially those that were caught more than once.

So GSP was injured in the first fight, yet you don’t mention that Serra was coming back from a severe back injury in the second fight? You’re a retard.

You know you're a salty hater when you have to pull off these kinds of mental gymnastics to discredit one of the only natty goat candidates. You are pathetic. That fight was one of the most one sided shit kickings in the history of title fights.

I’m Canadian and a fan of GSP, yet even I know that was a weak stoppage and we didn’t see the real Matt Serra.

Last edited:
He said in interviews he just didn't take the fight so seriously the first time round. Got complacent I guess.
He’s said more than once after winning the title and being young he bought into his own hype and the hype people around him and thought he was unbeatable and was partying all the time.

After the loss let his entourage of yes men go and got serious again.

This 'era' started at BJ 1 Rd 2 & 3 tbh

serra was older
gsp didnt stand and bang with serra
ground and pound

So GSP was injured in the first fight, yet you don’t mention that Serra was coming back from a severe back injury in the second fight? You’re a retard.

If you don't understand the difference between injury causing you to pull out of a fight so you can recover before going into camp again, and being injured during camp and going through with the fight despite not being able to train as you planned, your weak attempt at an insult also shows a clear lack of self-awareness. That, and the fact that you got so upset that you felt the need to go for that clumsy insult, is amusing though so you did accomplish something.

The consensus before the 1st fight was that Serra could only win by submission.

GSP thought... I'll keep it standing and breeze through the fight. Obviously that didn't pan out. 2nd fight he used wrestling and took him more seriously.

If you don't understand the difference between injury causing you to pull out of a fight so you can recover before going into camp again, and being injured during camp and going through with the fight despite not being able to train as you planned, your weak attempt at an insult also shows a clear lack of self-awareness. That, and the fact that you got so upset that you felt the need to go for that clumsy insult, is amusing though so you did accomplish something.

GSP was injured yet still went through with his training camp? Cool story bro, Matt Serra had a severe back injury which caused him to drop out of the Hughes fight earlier. He was then rushed back too early by the UFC because they needed him to fight GSP in Montreal. Serra still went through with the training camp and fought because he’s a G who doesn’t tap to strikes.

GSP I think made a tactical error in the first fight, he assumed the main threat from Serra was his BJJ so looked to avoid the ground with him. Typically GSP avoids a lot of aggressive striking via the threat of the takedown but this didn't happen and it ment Serra could get in his face and brawl which is his strength and not Georges, there were warning signs before he was rocked. In the rematch GSP changed tactics and took Serra down ASAP realising it was the lesser threat and was proven correct, Serra didn't have much for him off of his back.

I’m Canadian and a fan of GSP, yet even I know that was a weak stoppage and we didn’t see the real Matt Serra.

So getting your opponent in the turtle position and kneeing them in the ribs until the ref stops the fight is a weak stoppage? Healthy Serra or no that's an impressive way to end a fight.

Back