How good would UFC be with just monthly PPV

Rockapotomuss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Barboza vs. Kevin Lee on a fight night card really takes away a great match up for a PPV. I miss the days of once a month UFC. Everyone would get together and have a party, it was such a big event. No one ever does that anymore. Dustin Porier also being wasted on a fight night. Darren fucking Till is on a fight night. I don't even care if I watch UFC 224 live. Nunes vs. Pennington on 224... Belfort Machida on 224 was relevant 10 years ago.

UFC got it backwards.

Pretty good.

Edit: They would probably still need to do something for the unranked/lower ranked guys though.

So you want less events, but more stacked events? I'm pretty sure that the thought has crossed greater minds as well.

You want fewer fights, and claim to be a fan of the sport?

I think he's just saying he wants stacked, no nonsense PPVs.

Ppv once a month with title fights or important fights between contenders, basically fights between fighters that are well known.

Then use fox to build up future stars, who can then progress to ppv with wins.

Go ahead and have fight nights but don't waste all the good names on it. Should be for up and comers.

Do you realize that would only constitute 60 “name” fights a year? As a typical ppv consists of 5 fights.

It would be better, definitely better.
But what are dudes who can't get plans supposed to do on a Saturday night if not watch mediocre fight cards ?.

there should be one television card every month and not even one PPV card every month...there should be like 10 PPVs for the entire year. make UFC fights feel like an event again....not just a weekly television program

in 2006 lots of people fondly remembered pre-TUF MMA.

but if it hadn't been for TUF and the growth it created from 2005 and on, you most likely wouldn't have become a fan, TS.

similarly, you now wish the growth had stopped about the time you came on board.

sorta like how every new group of immigrants to America want immigration to slow down now, instead of before they got here. and like you, they don't see the irony ;)

i would suggest taking the good with the bad, TS. you get a lot of free MMA. 2003 fans would have creamed their pants about what you take for granted.

~~~

all that being said, did the F brothers take it too far in their goal to make their company as financially valuable as possible? and did it hurt the fans? the answer to both is "yes". damn them for wanting a 10 figure payoff instead of 9!

Last edited:
You have to have at least 1 or 2 fights with good names in a fight night. Otherwise people won´t buy it if it´s full of up n comers they've never heard of. Not all people are hardcore fans, so they need good names there too, like Edson "the guy from that kick" Barboza fighting Kevin Lee who´s already fought for the interim title. If you take that away, what do you have left? Sterling vs Johns who???

I want every PPV stacked with 5 high profile fights and I'd gladly pay the full price and have people over.

There used to be only 1 card per month and I loved it. Every card seemes like it was stacked.

<mma4>
Ppv once a month with title fights or important fights between contenders, basically fights between fighters that are well known.

Then use fox to build up future stars, who can then progress to ppv with wins.

Too many divisions.

I want less fights but the same amount of cards.

I agree about 224 though. Would rather watch porier vs gatchje or edson vs lee than the main or comain on their ppv

UFC needs something similar to what Strikeforce had in "Strikefoce Challengers" where they can have their amateurs which is pretty much like half of the UFC roster. Then only have decent PPVs monthly.

I remember the good old days. Numbered ufc were supposed to be special. Now they just shower us with shit.

I will never understand this mentality of "you can make it better by making it smaller and having less of it". If you only want to see it once a month, then only watch it once a month.

Back