How good would Brock Lesnar have been if

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score
He had trained at American Kickboxing Academy?

The camp seems to do wonders for high level grapplers like DC, Khabib, Rockhold, Velasquez etc.
Plus Javier Mendez is one of the highest level coaches in the game right now.

He would have been better by skipping the WWE and going straight into MMA after college.

Maybe learn how to take a punch without breakdancing.

How good would Brock Lesnar have been if

Maybe good. Maybe not good. Maybe I don't give a fuck.

He could have been HW champion imo

I'm not sure his physique is as well suited to kickboxing as it would have been to wrestling, and whether he could have ever trained his chin is a question for the ages. Ultimately, I think he's a naturally gifted wrestler, and I doubt he has the tools to be as good at some of the other martial arts.

Edit: Oh, my bad... Misunderstood the question. Thought it was asking if he had trained kickboxing, not at AKA. Might have made him a bit more well rounded? Limited the B.J. Penn style "yes man" effect of his early camps? His whole "I train on my ranch" thing he was doing for a while didn't do him any favours.

All Knees Arthroscoped (AKA) would have had brockroids in a wheelchair after his first camp there.

Reem still finishes him with a body shot.

impossible to know. none of us have the inside details to speculate either.

impossible to know. none of us have the inside details to speculate either.
It just amazes me the dumb shit some people start threads to speculate about.

At least speculate about something that's actually possible or that can happen.

We never saw a Prime Brock. The guy trained one year of MMA and went in against some of the best heavyweights of that time. If Brock would have trained standup for 5/6 years at any top gym and not gotten sick I think he still holds the belt today

He had trained at American Kickboxing Academy?

The camp seems to do wonders for high level grapplers like DC, Khabib, Rockhold, Velasquez etc.
Plus Javier Mendez is one of the highest level coaches in the game right now.

brock came into the ufc at the fight time and left at the right time.

brock will make more money in wwe and can juice to the max and nobody cares at all.

Goat potential imo, how far he got is pretty insane. Unfortunately it’s impossible to truly know , could have been nothing more than he was too.

I would have loved it if Brock came into MMA as a BJJ Blackbelt on the under. That would have been cool to watch.

If he'd trained at the Lions Den, running laps around Shammy's basement, he would've been unstoppable...

Brock would of been more suited to train in a team like Hammer House under Mark Coleman or American Top Team to be honest , Lesnar's frame would of made it awkward for him to kickbox efficiently.

He was built to wrestle and grapple , he doesn't have the arm length to throw great combinations neither did he have great stamina , he was never going to be a great striker by the very fact his frame would as i mentioned make it awkward to be proficient in that area of fighting.

Just take a look at similar fighters i.e Mark Coleman and Mark Kerr , both where never great strikers , but very strong and excellent wrestlers.

Back