How good was Kid Yamamoto?

Honestly, I think he's over hyped considerably. If he fought today I think he'd be solid but nothing special. The division has gotten bigger and just better all around. I don't think he was too far out of his prime when he entered the UFC, the competition was just much improved.

If you honestly believe this you're legit retarded. He lost to mediocre guys in the UFC. He was immensely more talented than Horiguchi who is an elite be.

The skill level has gotten better but Kid would of been elite 5 years ago

wide.jpg

I got into mma in 2009 and I didn't get a chance to watch him fight in his prime, the only times I saw Yamamoto fight was during his UFC run. How good was he, and what were his best fights?
Check out genki sudo if you haven't already. One of the most entertaining small/asian guys from a bygone era of all time.

wide.jpg

I got into mma in 2009 and I didn't get a chance to watch him fight in his prime, the only times I saw Yamamoto fight was during his UFC run. How good was he, and what were his best fights?
I watched mma about the same year to or a year eariler. But I already knew he was a legit and a good fighter just by watching his fights on YouTube , his highlights, his record on wiki (didn't know sherdog at the time) , and his background.

He was a fucking beast. Olympic level wrestling. And pfp ko power. The kid that fought Joe Warren was the kid that had the injury and was laid out for 2 years. He was never even close to being the same after his injury.

he was a nasty lil fucker

Watch the vid. And take special note of how the refs have to pull him off like a pit bull. In the one fight where all the guys jump in the ring to pull kid off, that guy had multiple skull fractures.

He peaked too early, he was a small guy when small guys where having what, 20% of the atention they're receiving now?

He was a savage. Explosive, big power, great wrestling. And his wife at the time?

{<tongue}
{<tongue}
{<tongue}

Clearly he was still in his prime at 34 years old.

He'd just never seen the likes of world class athletes like Vaughan Lee (14-12) and Darren Uyenoyama (11-6).

Don't mind that guy. He literally believes the earth is flat.

Invincibility level, for the time period he had both elite striking and wrestling which was extremely rare. He was kind of like Cyborg in the sense that he was so dominant in MMA that he decided to test himself in a pure standup fight against an elite kickboxer.
Very cool to see him test himself against Masato at Dynamite.

He should've stayed with Enson. His father took control of his career and he lost his edge

He would compete at flyweight today. In his prime, he was one of the best in the world. A total savage. Also, one of the most exciting fighters ever.

Nice to see a thread that's not full of "he was shit"comments

dat GnP
ActiveUnkemptCrocodileskink.gif

Back