How good was Jeff Monson...?

Probably more famous for this pic than his fight career

58855b0309cf122b63ac8178711567d9.jpg

Probably?

He was good but was limited by his physique. Short and midget arms, almost like a Sean Sherk frame. Sherk was a midget fighting at 155, Monson was lifting tons of weights and fought at HW.. Slow as fuck, terrible cardio. Both because of that muscle mass.

He was good if he managed to get you to the ground, then you would probably get choked out. But on the feet, he had fantastic boxing skills for his time; had head movement, threw jabs, straights, etc. but dude was slow and had t-rex arms. So, he still sucked there. His wrestling was mehhh. He was great from top position but was so short he couldn't even really hit Tim Sylvia on the ground lmao his arms were too short.

I for one don’t understand why someone would juice up to 240ish pounds to fight at heavy weight when they are 5’8”.

I for one don’t understand why someone would juice up to 240ish pounds to fight at heavy weight when they are 5’8”.
Some people just want to be the best in the world. Even if they can't be, they want to try.

If you're the 145 lb champ, you're only the champion of 145 lb men. Like the midget basketball league champion. HW? You're the best. The baddest man on the planet.

And if you're not the champ? At least you tried against the best.

It's like pretend that you have an IQ of 85. Do you enroll in learning disability classes (lighter weight classes)? Or do you still try your best and see if, with hard work, you can overcome your shortcomings and compete with the best?

good grappler, T rex arms but I remember when Tim Slyvia out wrestled him tho

Basically a journeyman on tons of roids

Some people just want to be the best in the world. Even if they can't be, they want to try.

If you're the 145 lb champ, you're only the champion of 145 lb men. Like the midget basketball league champion. HW? You're the best. The baddest man on the planet.

And if you're not the champ? At least you tried against the best.
Nah, Chuck beating him up probably discouraged him from ever dropping down again.

He got kinda pieced up by an old out of shape trump supporter at a rally.

He got kinda pieced up by an old out of shape trump supporter at a rally.

Lol just watched the video it's like becoming antifa turns you into a pussy automatically

Lol just watched the video it's like becoming antifa turns you into a pussy automatically
"I got that on video for you!" really annoying chick in the video.

Last edited:
Great grappler, BAD striker, too short for HW
Good guy all around

So what are we supposed to say, great grappler but too small for HW? Or the truth? We all remember Monson and he is a fun character but I think it's a stretch to say that he was anything more than mediocre. He's a warrior, not taking away that from him, but was he ever in any sort of top 20 rankings back in the days or even remotely close? He fought Sylvia for the belt but he was never the #1 contender.

Strong grappler with an iron chin. He was short for a HW though and didnt have the stand up threat or explosiveness of other short HWs like Fedor, DC and Igor to compensate.

It took a Trump supporter to starch him.

That's like asking if Bill and Hillary Clinton are A- or B+ at being ruthless gangsters. They got taking full mount by Teflon Don.

One of the best Russian fighters.

Very high level grappler, okay wrestling, basic striking, questionable political views, one of the best at HW but unfortunately his stature put him at a massive disadvantage. Still, had a very respectable career overall.

Back