How good is Usman?

Reaction score
I know he is a great wrestler, who also has power and a solid submission game, but the guy is a decision machine. I don't think that is a bad thing, as he is still getting the win, but I don't know how well he stacks up with the upper echelon of the division. I could see Thompson giving him a lot of problems with his distance management and RDA giving him problems with his all around solid game. Then you have Colby with his wrestling, Robbie with his ability to sprawl and brawl, and Maia who is dangerous on the ground (as long as he doesn't gas out standing up). I just want to see if anyone has any opinions or additional information to share with me.

He's that good Colby Covington is ducking him hard

With his attractive name and attractive fighting style, he may sell more than 1,000,000 PPVs every time he fights next year.

I heard that if he wins his next fight, UFC will let him make a photo with some top 10 fighter.

He's Woodley circa his title defense era: talented, strong, and dangerous but only concerned about the win.

He hasn’t beaten anyone relevant. But he definitely deserves a top 5 opponent to see what’s up.

I think he is big rig 2.0

Makes weight. Might even get to the top.

Somehow when he wins, you're still disappointed.

The division still needs him to show the Mike Perry's of the world what a contender should have as baseline qualities.

He's the best WW on the roster, the imminent king and the most avoided the fighter since young Khabib. Uzzy has been incredibly highly touted as a prospect for a long time too, as I remember seeing a prospect rating article a while back and the top prospects were Usman, Chris Weidman, DC and Ben Askren; so far, those other guys did real well (2 UFC champs and two guys avoided like the plague.

RDA would be a perfect matchup for him he would wrestle him to a UD. I dont know if who has the better Wrestling Colby or Kamaru. He isnt great on the feet but he is well rounded, probably will beat some.

He's the one name Colby isn't saying for a reason.

Everyone in the division knows he will wrestle the shit out of them. He is 7-0 in the UFC and deserves a step up in competition.

RDA would be a perfect matchup for him he would wrestle him to a UD. I dont know if who has the better Wrestling Colby or Kamaru. He isnt great on the feet but he is well rounded, probably will beat some.
Colby is a much better wrestler, I know that credentials don't always add up in mma. But there is a huge difference between NCAA D1 and D2 wrestlers.

Covington would out wrestle him. Usman is good, but faced nobody that knows how to defend takedowns... his striking, while powerful, isn't the best either. He got hit quite a bit vs Moraes before ktfo.

I know he is a great wrestler, who also has power and a solid submission game, but the guy is a decision machine. I don't think that is a bad thing, as he is still getting the win, but I don't know how well he stacks up with the upper echelon of the division. I could see Thompson giving him a lot of problems with his distance management and RDA giving him problems with his all around solid game. Then you have Colby with his wrestling, Robbie with his ability to sprawl and brawl, and Maia who is dangerous on the ground (as long as he doesn't gas out standing up). I just want to see if anyone has any opinions or additional information to share with me.

He has a 30% chance of beating a top 10 opponent.

Just got passed a bum by the skin of his teeth; good takedowns but lackluster striking, weak top game and poor cardio.

Back