How good is Lomanchenko?

eternaldarkness

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i would love to hear the thoughts of people more knowledgable than myself, i'm not selling him short or anything, i was just wondering if people though the hype is warranted. i am probably way of the mark here, but it seems to me that he tends to move and then hit, rarely ever hitting then moving, and a fighter that really keeps the pressure up limits his effectiveness with counter punches by keeping him back pedalling.

No one can keep up the pressure long enough for that. He'd just bob, weave and slip his way until they tired and then he'd beat the piss out of them. Only guy I can see with a chance of KOing him is Rigo.

Well, someone did keep up with him. A guy named Salido.

That said, I'm not sure why when a fighter is heralded it's called "hype"...what does that mean? He's a 2 time Olympic Gold medalist. That means he beat the best Amateurs in the World. He began his Pro career with a full-on Title fight, and made a good showing even in coming up slightly short. He's been fighting World level fighters ever since and making them look average. He beat the U.S.'s best candidate in that division already in Gary Russel Jr.

That's not hype, those are just facts.

Well, someone did keep up with him. A guy named Salido.

That said, I'm not sure why when a fighter is heralded it's called "hype"...what does that mean? He's a 2 time Olympic Gold medalist. That means he beat the best Amateurs in the World. He began his Pro career with a full-on Title fight, and made a good showing even in coming up slightly short. He's been fighting World level fighters ever since and making them look average. He beat the U.S.'s best candidate in that division already in Gary Russel Jr.

That's not hype, those are just facts.
really appreciate the reply, i was kinda hoping you would respond. you're right though, "hype" is a shitty way of describing such a talented fighter, it's just some people are making pretty big claims like "the best ever" and i was interested in what some of the more knowledgable people though. i think i read somewhere that you were trained by Mike Mccallum. know that's my idea of a truly great fighter, but like i said i don't really know what i'm looking at.

i was kinda thinking of salido when i wrote this, although i know there were a number of different things happening in that fight. do you think that anybody will be able to replicate this without dubious tactics?

Last edited:
i was just watching the sosa fight, i now know what it is i question about lomanchenko, he doesn't make his opponents miss by a little bit, he makes them miss by a lot. i get worn out just watching the guy.

Back