How good is Dennis Siver?

siver is done and was never that good

he only beat a 2017 BJ, calm down

he's always in pretty entertaining fights

his fights with Ross Pearson and Spencer Fisher were great standup battles

even his fight with Cub Swanson was incredibly close until he started to gas

His fight with Gspot was one of the most exciting fights I remember watching at a bar because suddenly Siver just had wrestling and shut Gspot down hard

Siver is the kind of guy who shows up to fight every time. Always brings it. He fought at 170, 155 and then 145. He was never going to win a belt. He was never flashy or talked shit. He just showed up to fight every time

To be honest. Both guys looked well past their better days last night. That was an underwhelming fight. I am a little more surprised with you Ogata being surprised at the result. I bet on BJ only because he was +190, but today's Siver is way better than today's Penn with a much larger Arsenal and still a better gas tank. BJ landed a clean uppercut in the second round and his take down defense is still there. Unfortunately when he got tired he just stood and got used for a punching bag. When he had the stamina to mount offense he typically had success. Neither are threats in the division and in my humble opinion should just do fun/ money type fights.

I cant believe he beat Penn. I didn't watch the fight but I saw the result. Is Dennis really good? How did he beat Penn?

Penn took a vacation for the 3rd round.
He continuously got tagged and ran away.
That could be a 10-8.

Penn didn't attempt a single TD.
Within a couple minutes he should have realized that his advantage was on the mat.
When he got the knockdown in R2, he was already gassed. If he were in shape he could have finished Siver right then.

I cant believe he beat Penn. I didn't watch the fight but I saw the result. Is Dennis really good? How did he beat Penn?

how did he beat Penn? the same way pretty much everyone would beat Penn. bj isn't a ufc caliber fighter anymore.

BJ transformed into punching bag mode..

Was it a problem pertaining to cardio?

Did he go back to that crazy old man that got him in to a super shape when he fought Sanchez?

Pretty good.

Prettayyy prettayy good.
aHfDS3u.gif

Dennis Siver has always been very underrated. Very solid fighter.

Did he go back to that crazy old man that got him in to a super shape when he fought Sanchez?
I guess it was cardio, you'd have to ask BJ that question.

The "Sanchez BJ" was nowhere to be found..

He was gassed at the beginning of Round 2. Badly.

Penn has always been average and over rated

And don't say wow he was two division champ so many people could have been if allowed

Siver has skills and is a decent fighter, but he was never close to being a real contender at any point of his career. A lot of it is due to the fact that he is a striker without good boxing or power in his hands. Fighters with styles like that don't usually make it to the very top.

I love revisionist history..haha siver had a few failed miserably take down attempts...and 1 leg kick....Other than that, he got played with and utterly destroyed...
also siver looked much bigger in that fight
dxsnq9jxilg0j9enmkxr.gif

Back