How good is Dennis Siver?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I cant believe he beat Penn. I didn't watch the fight but I saw the result. Is Dennis really good? How did he beat Penn?

He was good in his day. Tough fight for anyone when he was at lightweight and a decent gatekeeper at featherweight. He has been gradually declining over the years but Penn is declining at 10x the rate.

In their primes, Penn would've eaten him for breakfast.

He is going downhill, chin fading and not as accurate as he used to be. Still good enough to beat 2017 BJ handily though and his cardio was on point yesterday. He might have a few good fights left.

He has gotten better technically on the ground and with his wrestling, but he is past his prime now. If he had those skills when he was first in the UFC he could have been a contender.

Good enough to get dropped by way past his prime, punching bag BJ Penn and not good enough to finish what was basically a stationary target by the third round

Not good enough to create a thread about...

Silver is way past his best and should retire because he's not making another run at the belt.

He's a pretty decent fighter in his prime, durable, and tough. I think his best performance is when he beat G-Sot who was on a long streak and was considered to be a title contender at that point. Anyone remember G-Sot? That made me a fan of his at one point. I personally think Cowboy Cerrone is the one that really knocked him off the ladder and never got to climb up again.

And don't forget, he is the one who broke Mystic Mac's crazy and accurate predictions when he made it past the 1st round.

I cant believe he beat Penn. I didn't watch the fight but I saw the result. Is Dennis really good? How did he beat Penn?

I picked Siver to win...and siver is probably just a mid tier fighter...if that...it's just that bj is that bad right now..

He's a pretty decent fighter in his prime, durable, and tough. I think his best performance is when he beat G-Sot who was on a long streak and was considered to be a title contender at that point. Anyone remember G-Sot? That made me a fan of his at one point. I personally think Cowboy Cerrone is the one that really knocked him off the ladder and never got to climb up again.

And don't forget, he is the one who broke Mystic Mac's crazy and accurate predictions when he made it past the 1st round.

Conor, in the days leaving up to the fight, he said he was going to take his time and not rush it...I'm talking days before the fight...at first he said 1st round ko...Like almost all his wins.. but later changed it.

He put Connor on his ass a few times.

I love revisionist history..haha siver had a few failed miserably take down attempts...and 1 leg kick....Other than that, he got played with and utterly destroyed...

Dennis has been fighting in the ufc for 10 years. How do you not know how good the guy is by now.

He's proven to be better than BJ.

Lasted more than 13 seconds against McGregor so he's at least better than Aldo.

That puts him up there in the talks for top ten p4p GOAT

Not very. He beat penn by volume and being more diverse. This isn't the best siver by far.

Back