How far would prime Roy Jones. Jr have come in this era?

Top 50 at 168

Top 45 at 175

Just needs to stay away from Clinton Woods.

Top 50 at 168

Top 45 at 175

Just needs to stay away from Clinton Woods.

Way too high. Prime Roy prior to going to heavy and coming back down was as good as you will see.

I'll bite. Some freaks of nature would be extraordinary in any era, Roy is a perfect example.

I guess what you need to ask yourself is how a prime Jones would do against the likes of Ward, Kovalev, Bivol, Adonis Stevenson, Eubank Jr., DeGale, Groves and Gilberto Ramirez...objectively how would the RJJ who starched Griffin in their rematch do against the best at 175lbs. and 168lbs. right now?

Probably would have dominated. Who at middle, super middle and light heavy beats prime Jones?

Would he still be successful?

Ooofff this is a tough one.

He only fought Hopkins, Toney, Tarver, Ruiz etc

How did Hopkins and Toney do in the "modern era" even though they were old?

Kids this days, they think fighters 10 years later must have an extra pair of arms or something?

When you think about posting a question like this again, just remember, Roy Jones would have dominated in near every era

There are a handful of fighters throughout the whole of boxing history who 'may' have caused him problems, but its a BIG 'may'

Nobody is a favorite to beat prime RJJ between 160-175... Not in this era, not ever.

I guess what you need to ask yourself is how a prime Jones would do against the likes of Ward, Kovalev, Bivol, Adonis Stevenson, Eubank Jr., DeGale, Groves and Gilberto Ramirez...objectively how would the RJJ who starched Griffin in their rematch do against the best at 175lbs. and 168lbs. right now?
I wouldn't take any of them. Ward has the best chance but he's retired even.

Probably would have dominated. Who at middle, super middle and light heavy beats prime Jones?

No one. Golovkin finds that fight very tough, Kovalev may do ok but again he wouldn't win. Andre Ward? Don't know about him, I'm just assuming no one beats him, he's as far above the rest of the competition that I can remember in my time watching boxing. (maybe except for Floyd)

He would be arrested for abusing his peers.

160 he runs the table, but has a couple good fights against Canelo and GGG that would be fun to see.
168 he dominates
175 he has a few tough fights in front of him, but he beats most/all
CW and HW I never really thought much of Roy Jones Jr. to be honest.

Back