How far down should you squat?

Some say 90 degree but my coaches always screams LOWER LOWER LOWER. They won't be happy until my ass is all the way to the ground.

As for the knees, just make sure you're on your heels. As long as your knee is not in front of ur toes, you ought to be fine.
No.

Thanks for the warning. It's just I keep hearing that you should go ass to ground if you want to develop strength. I thought I was doing squats the correct way.
That's only if you're outside so you go ass to grass. Otherwise it doesn't really matter.

clarence-kennedy-260kg-pause-squ.jpg

That's how I do it. Less weight than that guy tho.

I go to parrellel. I've tried going lower but I can't.

Thanks everyone. I was confused before I read this thread... Now I am completely lost.

Dude is strong but i just can't respect grown men who like anime.

Why? If someone like something you personally don't like, or you personally can't see the appeal of it, you can't respect them?

How is your attitude different from my dad saying that rap isn't real music, or his dad saying that rock n' roll isn't real music? Or that only a degenerate would have long hair? Just more examples of people with strong personal preferences trying to turn their particular and arbitrary preferences into universal morality or intrinsic value.

In the best possible cases this just leads to intolerance and narrow-mindedness. In the worst case it leads to denigrating and dehumanizing people who don't share our values, which can lead to very very dark stuff.

Why? If someone like something you personally don't like, or you personally can't see the appeal of it, you can't respect them?

How is your attitude different from my dad saying that rap isn't real music, or his dad saying that rock n' roll isn't real music? Or that only a degenerate would have long hair? Just more examples of people with strong personal preferences trying to turn their particular and arbitrary preferences into universal morality or intrinsic value.

In the best possible cases this just leads to intolerance and narrow-mindedness. In the worst case it leads to denigrating and dehumanizing people who don't share our values, which can lead to very very dark stuff.
Tolerance isn't required.

I can't respect grown men who do running as a primary physical activity.

Good thing running isn't my primary formmof physical activity then.

Lucky me because I'd be soooo bummed out if you didn't respect me lol.

Squatting above parallel is pretty common in bodybuilding. They don't care as much about mobility and you hit the quads plenty hard to stimulate growth which is what they want.

If you are training for a sport, work on your mobility and at least hit parallel. Knee and hip problems are also genetic. If you have a lot of people in your family with those issues, you'll likely run into them in the future no matter what you do.

Never said he would....idiot. God damn you're a loser lol.

What's your point, you dolt? Dude likes anime - so what? He's strong as shit and that should be enough to earn the respect of all in this neck of the subforums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back