How far do you think Paulo Costa can go in the MW division?

Based on strength and conditioning he seems fine. What is the general opinion on his technique, etc? Also, i don't remember him showcasing any grappling. We have to see it too and it will certainly be tested by Weidman, if he doesn't get drawn in a stand up fight and hit with a hard strike.

He reminds me of Eric Silva. A good looking new Brazilian prospect with some hype and success. Lets see if he does better than Eric.

give him Brunson
I like this matchup.

Costa looks good but not invincible. I want to see him off his back before anointing him the second coming, but he's definitely in the right place at the right time.

I'd like to see him face another fighter of Hall's caliber before getting the big fight. Hall landed like 6 jabs in a row during the fight and Costa just stood there clueless until strawberry jam poured out of his mouth. Maybe somebody like a Brad Tavares, Brunson, or Branch (if he isn't fighting Jacare). Wouldn't mind him fighting Elias Theodorou's boring ass to see how he deals with pressure and maybe to knock him out.

God I will love watching Costa knocking Theodoru's annoying ass out

He’s one of the guys who would be utterly fucked if they implemented hydration testing

I like what I see so far.Id like a Branch match up---- a tough top 10 who's got some boxing chops.If he should run through him with the state of the 185 class today, I'd then pen a fight with someone in top 3-5.

5 years apart

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

All natty bro.

He reminds me of Eric Silva. A good looking new Brazilian prospect with some hype and success. Lets see if he does better than Eric.

He already did.
Plus, Eric has all the time in the world to still make waves. If you know what I mean

most tested fighter in the UFC. How much more can they do? Accept the bitter truth that this is his natty physique and some men are just born superior to you.

Superior?

Brains over brawns boi

I dont have to get punched in the face for a living, I get to pay to see it instead :) ;)

Hes the gladiator, I'm the patrician

most tested fighter in the UFC. How much more can they do? Accept the bitter truth that this is his natty physique and some men are just born superior to you.

There are a lot of PED’s available in tiny villages along the Amazon jungle, that haven’t been discovered by USADA yet.

Is he going to fight weidman?

That’s a fight I would like to see

If his next opponent is Weidman he will lose his next fight

Johny Hendricks is a strong grappler
WAS a strong grappler who is really an overweight WW who moved up to fight a bigger, stronger and younger fighter in Costa.

The way Costa kept getting tagged with jabs shows that he will have trouble with higher ranked MWs if he doesn't correct that issue.

Barely cracks top 5 then gets to the top 3 as the division gets weaker.

He is like the Brazilian Bisping.

This guy will be taking out the divisions top guys of today once they get too old.

His timing is perfect. He is going to have a great career, making good money as the ufc pushes him along.

He’s shown holes in his striking defense, yet that’s a fixable issue for such a young fighter. Has game changing power, seems to be able to overcome adversity, has decent cage IQ and did I say fight ending power...lol. he has a high ceiling and is only getting better, I want to see him fight Adesanya for a hype train derailment.

I feel like he has about reached his ceiling. He feels too much like a throwback fighter to really make it to the belt. Too one dimensional. I also foresee cardio being a problem going forward.

Part of me wishes he would just run through everyone he faces because he is such an exciting and entertaining up and comer but the more I think about it the more I am shocked that both he and Adesanya have made it this far undereated.

Back