How far do you think Paulo Costa can go in the MW division?

could wipe out the division
costa got earth shattering asteroid speed and power

MW is about to be the thinnest it's been since Anderson was champion in the early days
Nah way. Andy's MW division was only rivaled by Teh Mouses in its weakness. Even now, there are guys like Brunson and Weidman, that would whoop guys like Leites, Cote, Maia, Sonnen and pretty much everyone that Andy fought. There are also up and comers like Marvin, Izzy and Anders.....not to mention Tillsbury Dough Boy who is surely coming up soon.

We will see if The Chris takes the fight... But his skills and looks should make him a lot of money...
Fighters looks don't sell in MMA. Fighters that are legit models, like Luke and Jouban are hated, for the very reason that fans hate them and want to see their pretty faces smashed to make them feel better about basement dwelling being 3's and not 9-10's. MMA has tons of repressed cuckery amongst it's fan base, but they fancy the big muscle bound black bucks, like Predator and Yoel, above a legit model level type fighter that girls would find attractive(Louis exempt of course, he loves him some good lookin' man meat).

he will knock out weidman and beat lower top 10s alike but lose to everyone else above that.

I'd like to see him face another fighter of Hall's caliber before getting the big fight. Hall landed like 6 jabs in a row during the fight and Costa just stood there clueless until strawberry jam poured out of his mouth. Maybe somebody like a Brad Tavares, Brunson, or Branch (if he isn't fighting Jacare). Wouldn't mind him fighting Elias Theodorou's boring ass to see how he deals with pressure and maybe to knock him out.

This times 1000. Costa seems like he has massive holes in his game. Holes that are much bigger than they should be for a potential top 5 guy who has 12 pro fights in 6 years. In comparison Weidman was much farther ahead in MMA after his 12th fight(he had his second title defense).

Theodorou fight is perfect.

Costa has an amazing knack for punching people in the dick. That and eye poking will take him to the top tier area of the MW division. Otherwise his fighting dubious at best.

5 years apart

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Anyone can ko Weidman on any given night these days and I think if they do fight Costa would win by ko because of that chin but like many said after Luke and Yoel leave he could be top 5 for sure. The future right now is him, Adesanya, Gastelum, and Whittaker

I think he wrecks everyone besides Gastelum, Romero and Whittaker...but with Yoel moving up and Bobby Knuckles taking huge beatings recently, I could see him taking the strap eventually.

MW champ before Israel takes away the belt. Wiedman will not beat him.
Costa vs. Adesanya would be an epic clash of styles. Have to think Stylebender takes it but can’t count Costa out.

Future middleweight goat, has all the tools to rule the division for a long time

Anyone can ko Weidman on any given night these days and I think if they do fight Costa would win by ko because of that chin but like many said after Luke and Yoel leave he could be top 5 for sure. The future right now is him, Adesanya, Gastelum, and Whittaker

Since when does Weidman have a bad chin? He wasn't even out cold after Romero nuked him with that knee, and Weidman actually hit his head again on his own knee on the way down...not to mention Romero's follow up shots. And Weidman recovered right away from the bomb Gastelum dropped him with too. And did you see the Rockhold fight?? Weidman got absolutely mauled for over a minute when Rockhold mounted him in the 3rd round...the fight probably should have been stopped in the 3rd, yet Weidman still came out for the 4th rnd.

Weidman clearly has a solid chin, and Paulo Costa is not ready for his level of competition. If they do fight, Weidman will either sub him or KO him standing. His background is clearly wrestling, but his standup gets way underrated. He arguably was beating Gastelum standing, before getting dropped briefly. But people just like to hate on Weidman.

Y'all are crazy thinking he'd beat Weidman easily. Unless Costa improved his takedown defense Weidman will wrestlefuck him.

I'm not impressed with him so far. Hendricks is a shell of what he used to be, basically a jobber at this point. And Hall is not a big win. I would be incredibly surprised if Paulo beats Weidman.

He will be near the top of the division. I need to see a bit more before I put him in the future champ conversation, but he is well on his path.

Back