How far do you agree with Kevin Lee's statement about Dustin Poirier?

They may want to make kabib get a win or two before chancing him losing. Maybe even try to build the fight with Lee by coaching tuf or something. Exploit porrier by handing him a loss to kabib to build the fight with Lee.

They may want to make kabib get a win or two before chancing him losing. Maybe even try to build the fight with Lee by coaching tuf or something. Exploit porrier by handing him a loss to kabib to build the fight with Lee.
makes sense. And in case Poirier won, I´m sure it would make Conor's life easier to come back, since he already beat Poirier.

Poirier does not deserve a title shot at all.

He’s on a 2 fight win streak which isn’t all that impressive at all.
Pettis is a big name, but he’s also 2-5 in his last 7 fights. And fading into obscurity.
Gaethje is a glorified brawler who just got wrecked by Eddie in his previous fight.
Poirier got wrecked by MJ not long ago.

And doing Poirier vs Khabib is so stupid and so predictable!
During the countdown, they’re going to show Poirier training BJJ, Rogan is going to go on about how amazing his BJJ is, Poirier and his coaches are going to run their mouths about how they believe they can win, and so on.

THEN, come the fight, Poirier will get taken down and show ZERO grappling, he’ll be struggling to keep Khabib in guard. He’ll just lie underneath and get beat up.

Khabib walls and stalls lee till he gasses then either chokes him out or decision

I have no interest in Porier vs Khabib so I'd have to agree with Lee.

I agree with him for about 5 miles. Then I stop agreeing

Only certain aspects of his grappling are better than Poirier, like takedowns, top control and ground strikes. You could make an argument for Poirier being better everywhere else.

Da_kDKTXcAE8Qnv.jpg

IMO Poirier deserves it more, but at this point I feel like Kevin Lee is right, that Khabib is gonna do to Poirier what he always does to fighters who are not high level grappler like himself: he´s gonna grapplefuck him.

Imho Kevin Lee is a high level grappler and would present different problems for the champ.

Who do you want to see fight the champ? Lee or Poirier?

Discuss

i'd like it to be lee because he talks to much and I'd like khabib to shut him up a bit, but I think poirier has a better claim, as lee lost a title fight 2 fights ago and missed weight in his next fight.

I'd rather see Lee vs Khabib, it's would be interesting to see how Khabib deals with a high level wrestler

I kind of want this as well, because in one way this is the toughest fight for Khabib. Not saying Khabib couldn't get KOd against Conor, or subbed against Tony or whatever, but Lee will be toughest for him to dominate offensively.

But then again, it's also going to be one boring ass fight, like most wrestler vs wrestler fights. And that kinda makes me not want to see it.

i'd like it to be lee because he talks to much and I'd like khabib to shut him up a bit, but I think poirier has a better claim, as lee lost a title fight 2 fights ago and missed weight in his next fight.

True. Woth the weight miss, Lee is technically not even coming off a win in the LW division - he won at 157lbs.

If you look at the top 10, Porier looks like the easiest fight on paper for Khabib, but after Tony and Conor he's probably the most deserving.

If they cannot get the McGregor vs Khabib fight signed due to Conor's pending legal issues then Lee vs Khabib is the most interesting even if it's not the most deserving.

Mcdouche dont deserve shit. GTFO.. That lil bitch has been ducking defending his title like a pussy. Fuck him.

Kevin was being nice actually. He was trying not to be a dick about it but he’s right imo. Dustin’s a journeyman in the right place at the right time.

Mcdouche dont deserve shit. GTFO.. That lil bitch has been ducking defending his title like a pussy. Fuck him.
And someone who is so childish they can't use a fighters actual name doesn't have an opinion worth listening to.

Poirer was getting his ass kicked is LW really this weak a division/?

Eddie/Dustin rematch or both can sit on the bench until then.

I would like to see the champ fight Dustin, Kevin, Tony, Conor and Alvarez, in no particular order. I wish Tony did not get injured, I think Dustin deserves it more than Kevin at this point, if Conor returns that would be nice, and Alvarez is always exciting.

The only guy who is built to beat Khabib and has a very solid chance is Alvarez. That's not to say he's the best or most deserving LW but if we are talking purely in terms of who has the best chance of beating Khabib it's Alvarez.

Back