How far can you get in grappling by yourself?

I never trained with anyone until I was a blue belt. It was very easy to self train.

I didn't want to be that guy, but this is a head scratcher for me. How did you get promoted by a coach to blue then?

LOL Blue belt is not that big a deal.

Considering most people that start BJJ training needs about 2 years of classes before reaching blue belt, it is a major fucking deal compared to training alone with a dummy, wtf

You just take vhs videos of you doing the katas then mail them into the address in the advert section of Black Belt Magazine.

It takes a lot more time to learn on your own, when you learn on your own you first have to choose what you must learn which means you have to go through every technique, prioritize and categorize the techniques and choose a learning schedule, if you train in an academy the coach has already done these things for you.

Last edited:
Just to make myself clear, I was joking. You can't learn to grapple completely by yourself.

Not far, but you can do gymnastic style exercises and solo drills which will help you acvaadvvery quickly once you've got people to train with.

Why do u not understand it is not necessary to practice every move but you can build on the concepts and strategy in theoretical play.

Last edited:
You only need sparring and the partners to get good. Will you become an olympic level athlete like that no, but you can still be good on the recreational level.

Back