How far can Tenshin Nasukawa go in MMA?

Mob69

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
How far do you think striking sensation Tenshin Nasukawa can go in MMA? Obviously his background is primarily in kickboxing and Muay Thai, but he is now 3-0 in MMA and his skills look incredible despite only being 18 years of age. Lawrence Kenshin and others have heaped praise on him:

http://lawrencekenshin.com/the-next-superstar-of-striking-tenshin-nasukawa/

http://mmamicks.com/tenshin-nasukawa-is-the-future/

He has been competing at 125lbs, and no doubt will grow/thicken as he gets older, but if he utilised American-style weight cutting practices I believe he would be a strawweight instead of a flyweight. Personally I suspect he will concentrate on kickboxing and Muay Thai, but he's really exciting to watch so I hope we see more of him in MMA.

Sky's the limit for him. Seems like he's got a good head on his shoulders. Young, athletic, dynamic striking, ground game needs work but he's no slouch either. As long as Rizin builds him up the right way, which they are doing, he could easily become Japan's next superstar.

Kid's a mad crazy prodigy in kickboxing.

He should work with Team Krazy Bee to up his grappling game.

He's with a team that should help him get his grappling up to snuff quick with Paraestra Matsudo but from what I understand he only really trains it when he has a MMA fight coming up. He has potential to be huge in MMA but I also don't know how dedicated he is to MMA, seems a lot more focused on Kickboxing for the near future.

Sky's the limit for him. Seems like he's got a good head on his shoulders. Young, athletic, dynamic striking, ground game needs work but he's no slouch either. As long as Rizin builds him up the right way, which they are doing, he could easily become Japan's next superstar.

Agreed. Unfortunately I'll doubt we'll ever get to see him competing in the UFC against the top guys in the world of that size. But he could be a major commercial force in Japan, potentially for years to come. I suspect he'll straddle both MMA and kickboxing.

in my expert opinion he should retire from fulltime Kickboxing by 21 and focus on fighting cans in MMA in mixed rules matches as well as kickboxing MMA fighters and celebrities on NYE

He should also find a famous model wife that is 5 years older and then 3 years later he should cheat on her with a woman that is 3 years younger to create a big scandal..

Also he should fight Masato when he turns 22 to take Masato's NYE #1 earner belt away from him

Also he should never take MMA seriously or go to America because that would be career suicide

Hard to tell now if he is just a decent young prospect that tapers off or improves to be a major competitor. Anyway nice KO win his opponent underestimated him and was caught solid coming in reckless.

WOW he murdered Saiga. I was hoping we'd get to rd 2

in my expert opinion he should retire from fulltime Kickboxing by 21 and focus on fighting cans in MMA in mixed rules matches as well as kickboxing MMA fighters and celebrities on NYE

He should also find a famous model wife that is 5 years older and then 3 years later he should cheat on her with a woman that is 3 years younger to create a big scandal..

Also he should fight Masato when he turns 22 to take Masato's NYE #1 earner belt away from him

Also he should never take MMA seriously or go to America because that would be career suicide

I wish you were my career advisor when I left school

Back