How famous would Patrice O'neal be if he hadnt died

Whiterabbit

Follow the white rabbit
@Blue
Reaction score
Saw his stand up years ago. But have been listening to old clips of him on Opie and Anthony. Hes fuckin hilarious. I don't think he has crossover appeal like Kevin Hart but do you think he'd be as big as Bill Burr? I don't think he'd do great in sjw hollywood today. Sad he passed

I never heard of the guy while he was alive but I listened to some of his shit afterwards and he's good listening.

I'd say the SJW's could never handle him but he's black so they'd prob give him a pass

I never heard of the guy while he was alive but I listened to some of his shit afterwards and he's good listening.

I'd say the SJW's could never handle him but he's black so they'd prob give him a pass

He did a couple months upstate while being tried for gang raping a white girl. Eventually he'd say something career ending if he hit it big.

Last edited:
He did a couple years upstate for raping a white girl. Eventually he'd say something career ending if he hit it big.

If he said something career ending nowadays he could probably just mention he raped a white girl once to get salty libs off his back

I heard near the end he felt bad for just how shitty he treated most people. It's super interesting to study the Comedy Cellar years with Patrice, Burr, Bobby, Louis and everybody in contrast to the Comedy Store years. Really the wild west back then.

I think he would be huge right now honestly with the way comedy has blown up. Let's not pretend that the SJWs are completely winning, Nortons last stand up special was his best yet, Jeselnik, Jefferies, Segura, Tosh, so on so forth are all crushing it right now.

Elephant in the Room was an incredible special. "Isn't that better?"

He would always be a niche comic IMO.

As famous as Craig Robinson is now. So not really that famous.

who know how famous hed be...when he died he was nearing fame on his terms after hed shunned fame on hollywood terms.

somehow i discovered him after he died and now have scoured the net for anything he did...god bless opie and anthony clips haha.
his take on women was hilarious... so xm gave him the black phillip show....he was a genius.

just saw a trailer for a documentary on him...one of the clips was how in this sjw age he is needed more than ever because he was alway untouchable by that horseshit

That happened in the world where Mandela died in prison. He didn't get that famous and eventually died when he was 192 years old. Cause of death: Choked on a ham sandwich. There was a sherdog thread about it. Do you even search function?

As famous as Craig Robinson is now. So not really that famous.

Craig Robinson is a great comic and sells out comedy clubs of course and theaters of course but he was already doing that before he passed. Black comedy is fucking great, I love getting booked in all black rooms because A) I know they'll be packed and B) I know if I suck I fucking sucked that night. There's very little doubt in my mind he would easily be bigger than Bernie and up there with Dave if he was still alive.

Maybe, he would have at least had a show on Comedy Central whether it passed or failed is anyone's guess.

He was on Tough Crowd on Comedy Central pretty often. He also did a couple of specials on Comedy Central. He didn't seem to be anything special and probably worked as often as he wanted to.

He was on Tough Crowd on Comedy Central pretty often. He also did a couple of specials on Comedy Central. He didn't seem to be anything special and probably worked as often as he wanted to.

You're just wrong. Sometimes opinions are wrong and this is one of those times

Craig Robinson is a great comic and sells out comedy clubs of course and theaters of course but he was already doing that before he passed. Black comedy is fucking great, I love getting booked in all black rooms because A) I know they'll be packed and B) I know if I suck I fucking sucked that night. There's very little doubt in my mind he would easily be bigger than Bernie and up there with Dave if he was still alive.

It's hard to say with Bernie because he was a black comic who targeted at black audience directly.

Him and Dave both did the Black comic for everyone approach so they're easily comparable. Dave is a better special and sketch comedy guy but there's no one in the industry who could be funny on the fly like Patrice was. Add to that Patrice's excellent grasp of human socialization and his knack for communicating information and you had something special. Patrice is superior in my opinion but this is like comparing a sled-dog to a greyhound they both will dominate in their arena.

As for black crowds, I challenge you to put together an entire set that doesn't revolve around your appearance and being white/Irish/whatever for the next time you perform for a black crowd.

Weird because he was one of maybe eight comics who could actually handle that format for more than episode. He was a regular for a reason.

The only person I saw him bow out for on that show was Pat Cooper; and that was only because Pat Cooper doesn't mind screaming nonsense over you, albeit hilariously so most of the time.

He'd be slightly more famous than he was when he died.

He was hilarious, but not exactly a mainstream comic

I heard near the end he felt bad for just how shitty he treated most people. It's super interesting to study the Comedy Cellar years with Patrice, Burr, Bobby, Louis and everybody in contrast to the Comedy Store years. Really the wild west back then.

I think he would be huge right now honestly with the way comedy has blown up. Let's not pretend that the SJWs are completely winning, Nortons last stand up special was his best yet, Jeselnik, Jefferies, Segura, Tosh, so on so forth are all crushing it right now.

Elephant in the Room was an incredible special. "Isn't that better?"
The amount of guys he came up with who blew up with is crazy, and they all looked up to him as "the guy". He would have been a big deal in stand up.

Back