How Donald Trump screws my union over everyday

There has been a real cost to me, for trump being elected president. Not surprisingly, his appointment to the National Labor Relations Board(NLRB, the governing body of arbitration for organized labor), and Trumps relationship with my employer, has allowed my employer to subvert the rule of law, and be in violation of our collective bargaining agreement.

My union currently has 4 times the average amount of grievances waiting for arbitration, than is normal. The NLRB is intentionally dragging its feet in ruling on my unions grievences, in a quid pro quo deal with the Boeing corporation.

The effects to my daily life at work are significant. The employers are under-manning the work areas and putting pressure on people to get the job done by any means neccassary, which includes violating FAA regulations. The supervisors have plausible deniability because they aren't instructing you to violate FAA regulation, they are just harassing you to complete a work load you have not been given the proper resources to achieve, and be in compliance with rather important regulations.

Recently a mechanic crew in a shop, worked together to re-institute practices that were in compliance with procedures, and regulation. Their reward to doing the right thing? The whole crew was shipped out to different shops, to break up their group of workers who worked together to do the right thing.

As much as I get mad at democrats for not being the ally to organized labor they once were, their must be a recognition of how utterly hostile republicans and Donald trump actually are to people who work for a living.

Discuss.......
You are generally getting fucked by your unions leaders. I'm not sure Trump can help here.

You are generally getting fucked by your unions leaders. I'm not sure Trump can help here.

Really?

Because my non-union counter parts in South carolina are making far less than I am, and have no recourse for harassment.

In fact my union played a major roll with democrats in my state to pass a law that requires 1 hour of paid sick leave be given for every 40 hours worked. I just got 6 more days of paid sick leave a year.

Oh, I'm playing that in our next employee involvement meeting when they ask for a icebreaker. Want to see my managers face.
The punk scene has a lot of great labour anthems. But the dropkick murphys have the best of the best. They even randomly show up at picket lines to play some songs and show their support.

There has been a real cost to me, for trump being elected president. Not surprisingly, his appointment to the National Labor Relations Board(NLRB, the governing body of arbitration for organized labor), and Trumps relationship with my employer, has allowed my employer to subvert the rule of law, and be in violation of our collective bargaining agreement.

My union currently has 4 times the average amount of grievances waiting for arbitration, than is normal. The NLRB is intentionally dragging its feet in ruling on my unions grievences, in a quid pro quo deal with the Boeing corporation.

The effects to my daily life at work are significant. The employers are under-manning the work areas and putting pressure on people to get the job done by any means neccassary, which includes violating FAA regulations. The supervisors have plausible deniability because they aren't instructing you to violate FAA regulation, they are just harassing you to complete a work load you have not been given the proper resources to achieve, and be in compliance with rather important regulations.

Recently a mechanic crew in a shop, worked together to re-institute practices that were in compliance with procedures, and regulation. Their reward to doing the right thing? The whole crew was shipped out to different shops, to break up their group of workers who worked together to do the right thing.

As much as I get mad at democrats for not being the ally to organized labor they once were, their must be a recognition of how utterly hostile republicans and Donald trump actually are to people who work for a living.

Discuss.......

So you’re on the Hillary train now? Finally?

You’re about two years late but glad to have you on board.

Well that just involves making stupid decisions, which the government can't control

A young couple starting out and they both make 30k-40k a year and they could live a pretty good life financially in this country... unless they're just stupid with money.

What young couples starting out are both making 30-40k?

No, the average couple in their 20's, is making 20-25k a year each, unless they also have 80k in student loans.

The average middle aged couple is making 30-40k each.

Those are the people you see with 2 cars, a house, 50 inch tv, 800$ smart phone.

Those people can't own all those things without debt. Just the house alone, ensures enormous debt.

In the 1960's people were able to rent at very cheap prices for 10 years, and save, and buy a small house with no debt, if they were smart with money. By their middle age, they owned a house, 2 cars, nice furniture, new TV, went on vacations, all without debt, which means they actually owned those things as well.

We have lost so much ground in our standard of living, and yet I am supposed to be ok with it, because I can buy cheap Chinese shit at wal-mart, and have access to huge amounts of debt enslavement.

So you’re on the Hillary train now? Finally?

You’re about two years late but glad to have you on board.

Nope. Still glad I voted 3rd party, and would do it again all over.

Paying a price, just makes that position all the more legitimate.

Really?

Because my non-union counter parts in South carolina are making far less than I am, and have no recourse for harassment.
That's the thing, they get fucked even worse. It's one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't things.

In fact my union played a major roll with democrats in my state to pass a law that requires 1 hour of paid sick leave be given for every 40 hours worked. I just got 6 more days of paid sick leave a year.
That's great, but go back to all the unanswered complaints you referenced in the OP.

What young couples starting out are both making 30-40k?

No, the average couple in their 20's, is making 20-25k a year each, unless they also have 80k in student loans.

The average middle aged couple is making 30-40k each.

Those are the people you see with 2 cars, a house, 50 inch tv, 800$ smart phone.

Those people can't own all those things without debt. Just the house alone, ensures enormous debt.

In the 1960's people were able to rent at very cheap prices for 10 years, and save, and buy a small house with no debt, if they were smart with money. By their middle age, they owned a house, 2 cars, nice furniture, new TV, went on vacations, all without debt, which means they actually owned those things as well.

We have lost so much ground in our standard of living, and yet I am supposed to be ok with it, because I can buy cheap Chinese shit at wal-mart, and have access to huge amounts of debt enslavement.

Who are all these middle class couple from the 60s wth everything paid off??

Who can't buy a house today after saving for 10 years? Or 2 years.

There are also new bills people have now, such as internet, cell phone etc...

The average income for Americans 24-34 is 40k.

How is our standard of living not as good? Our homes are nicer, vehicles are nicer...

Middle class isn't hurting

How is there a vested interest to decrease production and by consequence revenue?

General contractors are generally liable for the work a sub does. they are not only subbed out to reduce costs but because the general contractor doesnt have the equipment or labor to perform a task.

If the sub doesnt do the work how does a general contractor benefit?

Because the system is set up to demand increased quarterly profits, or stock prices will plummet. They can kick the can down the road, by making destructive cuts, and then commit fraud to cover it up, or they can be fired for not meeting expectations.

As far as subcontractors goes. Contracts tend to be how mid level executives get rich. The process is usually very corrupt.

I could tell some stories, but that might be proprietary.

Who are all these middle class couple from the 60s wth everything paid off??

Who can't buy a house today after saving for 10 years? Or 2 years.

There are also new bills people have now, such as internet, cell phone etc...

The average income for Americans 24-34 is 40k.

How is our standard of living not as good? Our homes are nicer, vehicles are nicer...

Middle class isn't hurting

I mean you just aren't hearing me.

They saved 10 years and owned a home. Not rented a home from the bank.

That was being done on 1 income.

Can you start to comprehend now, how much ground we have lost?

The average 20 year old makes 40k a year?

Where are you from Manhattan or San Francisco?

Never had a good experience with unions, having been on both sides of the fence. The infighting that I witnessed when I was working as a unionized warehouse worker made office politics on management side seem like a civilized debate between gentlemen. I am of the belief that if your work performance is spectacular, you have little use for a union for job security. You will be more than capable of climbing the corporate ladder or finding a better position elsewhere. I'm not talking about just being good. Being good means you won't get fired for poor performance. You need to excel at what you do, and know when to keep your mouth shut.
In my experience, unionism tends to subsidize the inefficient at the cost of the efficient.

I mean you just aren't hearing me.

They saved 10 years and owned a home. Not rented a home from the bank.

That was being done on 1 income.

Can you start to comprehend now, how much ground we have lost?

The average 20 year old makes 40k a year?

Where are you from Manhattan or San Francisco?

I'm from a small town in Missouri. 40k a year here goes a long way.

I don't know why you think the middle class were buying 3 bedroom houses with cash on single income... banks were still a big thing back then.

I just don't see anyone in the middle class hurting. I see them taking vacations, going out to eat, having savings etc...

Never had a good experience with unions, having been on both sides of the fence. The infighting that I witnessed when I was working as a unionized warehouse worker made office politics on management side seem like a civilized debate between gentlemen. I am of the belief that if your work performance is spectacular, you have little use for a union for job security. You will be more than capable of climbing the corporate ladder or finding a better position elsewhere. I'm not talking about just being good. Being good means you won't get fired for poor performance. You need to excel at what you do, and know when to keep your mouth shut.

As a union member and someone that was once in the whirlwind of office politics; I have to say that you're mistaken.

I've watched promotions be given to people that were woefully unqualified in both work ethic and experience simply because they were friends with the manager. Those same people held the job until a new manager came along and canned them. Those people also knew when to keep their mouth shut, but they didn't know when to open their mouth to stop mismanagement.

On the flip side I've watched unions waste union resources filing grievances for people that were lazy workers who were caught defrauding the company from funds - for a good cause, but besides the point.

I'd say neither is particular high up on the scale to emulate.

That I don't suffer from dillussions that my success is due purely to my hardwork, and life choices?
How exactly have your life choices not played a role in any successes?

I understand your general sentiment, I just don't think this statement was well-thought-out.

Turn the oven on then stick your head, you fucking rat.

635489800290300024-AP-Superstorm-Rats.jpg
You're wishing death upon your fellow human being over a disagreement about unionism.

It's safe to say you've taken political discourse to an unhealthy level.

You need to take a break from posting ideas in the public square, and seek therapy.

Because the system is set up to demand increased quarterly profits, or stock prices will plummet. They can kick the can down the road, by making destructive cuts, and then commit fraud to cover it up, or they can be fired for not meeting expectations.
amazon doesnt post quarterly profits... but money managers deploy cash in it due to long term prospectus.

Revenues/sales matter as do a multitude of other value indicators.

the idea that you can make destructive cuts for short term profits and get away with a money manager or the market as a whole not spotting it is naive.

if there is fraud notify the SEC.
As far as subcontractors goes. Contracts tend to be how mid level executives get rich. The process is usually very corrupt.

the general contractor pays the sub. if the sub doesnt do a good job the general contractor pays for it directly.

only the general can get screwed by a bad sub.

Where I live, a average USED middle class Home is give or take 150k (lates 70’s early 80’s).

You arn’t middle class TS.

How exactly have your life choices not played a role in any successes?

I understand your general sentiment, I just don't think this statement was well-thought-out.

It plays a roll, it just isn't the determining factor. I would say being able to read by 28 months old, because my mom read the newspaper, tracing her fingers under the words with me on her lap every morning, and doing basic arithmetic at a high level by age 6, due to flash cards, probably played a larger roll than my life decisons.

amazon doesnt post quarterly profits... but money managers deploy cash in it due to long term prospectus.

Revenues/sales matter as do a multitude of other value indicators.

the idea that you can make destructive cuts for short term profits and get away with a money manager or the market as a whole not spotting it is naive.

if there is fraud notify the SEC.

the general contractor pays the sub. if the sub doesnt do a good job the general contractor pays for it directly.

only the general can get screwed by a bad sub.

By sub contract, I am speaking of my corp as the primary contractor. What I have seen, is contracts written to make the subcontracted company very rich, at the expense of my company, because an executive has a stake in that subcontracted company.

You would think a company would be more concerned with this kind of fraud, but you would be wrong.

at the expense of my company, because an executive has a stake in that subcontracted company.

You would think a company would be more concerned with this kind of fraud, but you would be wrong.
Ultimately thats a company issue. not a call to bring down or restructure the economic or political system of the USA.

im not familiar with conflict of interest laws but maybe you should contact an attorney if you are so worried about it.

even if your company is getting screwed they are still paying you 100k fucking dollars a year.

maybe you should be more thankful. or get your blood pressure checked. damn

Back