How Donald Trump screws my union over everyday

No, the International Association of Machinists, local 751.

He has specifically appointed a head of the NLRB that has driven arbitration settlement to a grinding halt, making resolution to contract violations by the company near impossible.

I doubt this is pointed at my local. My guess is this is aimed at all arbitration by the NLRB.

I would be curious to hear what other union members are experiencing in their union with arbitration though.

Well if he want to spend state or middle class tax payer money on improving infrastructure, then I think the day labourers and the related unions will be happy.

Not the openly stated policy of union busting by corporations, and 1 political party?
why cant corporations openly union bust when people are openly bargaining together.

its all the same game. corporations are a type of union themselves typically owned by the middle class in the form of retirement accounts.

there are a board of fat cats on unions the same as there are a board at corporations

i dont see how a union or corporation is inherently good or bad.

Walked into thread intrigued. Leaving confused.

I think you need to focus @VivaRevolution on what you’re trying to explain to Sherbros. If you need help use some of those union benefits and get some addaral (sp?).

I see. I guess many don't understand the union process. I should explain.

When a company has signed a collective bargaining agreement, that is a binding contract agreement. Disputes of these contracts are very common. The National Labor Relations Board was created to act as a independent arbitrator in these contractual disputes.

What trump has done, is appoint a head to the NLRB that has used this position to grind that arbitration process to a halt, basically enabling the company to openly engage in contract violations.

Does that help?

Not the openly stated policy of union busting by corporations, and 1 political party?

I'm sure you know this but Obama viciously stabbed labor in the back when he refused to vocally advocate for EFCA - "card check". That victory would have been significant and would be having a huge, positive impact today on the working class.

Trump's biggest betrayals of labor involve him taking zero action to impose tariffs against US companies manufacturing overseas and failure to withdraw from NAFTA - two of his biggest campaign promises.

why cant corporations openly union bust when people are openly bargaining together.

its all the same game. corporations are a type of union themselves typically owned by the middle class in the form of retirement accounts.

there are a board of fat cats on unions the same as there are a board at corporations

i dont see how a union or corporation is inherently good or bad.

Unions are scaled down democracies.

Corporations are not inherently evil, but when the guiding culture has become increased quarterly profits at any cost, they are destructive.

The reason they don't have a right to union bust, is because by law, people were given the right to collectively bargain.

Unions are how the American middle class was built.

No the opposite. I don't cuck myself to my employer, and actually understand that capitalism is about leverage, which is why every worker who joins a union is a smart capitalist, and those that dont, are very dumb capitalists.

If you understand leverage. Then why don't you implore your Union to make better campaign contribution deals with the GOP instead of sending all your money to the DNC and lose elections cause they rigged them and gave you Hillary as the country's only option against the GOP.

The same Clintons that sold out the Unions for corporate interests long ago. God knows Hillary was going to pass TPP while every union rep was too busy celebrating a DNC victory.

I mean I'm sorry that you're in a sticky situation. But your Union deserves some blame for laying out their eggs into a rotten basket. They need the DNC to man up and earn their union campaign dues. if they had, the DNC MIGHT have avoided force feeding Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, a crusty old hag union backstabber as a candidate.

Last edited:
No.

I don't want more from my company. Our last 2 strikes were over company takeaways. Our strike in 2024, will be because they stole our pension.

What I am ashamed of, is the debt we are passing to future generations, the state of the environment we are leaving to future generations, the destruction of the American middle class, the open violation of the US Constitution, and last but certainly not least, the conflation of the term "national interest" to mean GDP, which means corporate profits, which is a absolute embarasment that the shining light of liberty, is engaged in a murder for profit foreign policy.

You claim there's a destruction of tut middle class, yet you are middle class and talking about how great you have it.

I've never understood people complaining about the destruction of the middle class. Pretty much everyone I know is middle class

Corporations are not inherently evil, but when the guiding culture has become increased quarterly profits at any cost, they are destructive.
Daily routines guide corporate policy. We post on sherdog buy junk hence apple google amazon ect are the powerhouses of the world.

what people value can be destructive or constructive depending on the society. i think the guiding principle of profits is about how fast you get there but the destination is still in the hands of society.

If you understand leverage. Then why don't you implore your Union to make better campaign contribution deals with the GOP instead of sending all your money to the DNC and lose elections cause they rigged them and gave you Hillary as the country's only option against the GOP.

The same Clintons that sold out the Unions for corporate interests long ago. God knows Hillary was going to pass TPP while every union rep was too busy celebrating a DNC victory.

Because as deep as my unions pockets are, it is throwing rocks at a tank against the chamber of commerce owned RNC.

As far as the Clintons and Obama being luke warm with labor, that is true. What is also true, is that losing the arbitration process, de-fangs a union, and could result in a busted union. The choice is luke warm, or possible suicide. The NLRB means everything to unions functioning as a shield of fair treatment for their members, and delivering the value that justifies my union dues.

You claim there's a destruction of tut middle class, yet you are middle class and talking about how great you have it.

I've never understood people complaining about the destruction of the middle class. Pretty much everyone I know is middle class

Lol, you have no idea. I make 80k a year. When adjusted for inflation, that is what the average union worker made in 1960.

How many people do you know with a 80k a year job?

You mistake 2 incomes, making 80k together as middle class.

Daily routines guide corporate policy. We post on sherdog buy junk hence apple google amazon ect are the powerhouses of the world.

what people value can be destructive or constructive depending on the society. i think the guiding principle of profits is about how fast you get there but the destination is still in the hands of society.

You are speaking in some very loose terms here.

Let me get more specific. When you cut head count to the point, that you're creating breaks in the link of a production process, or you outsource to a subcontractor to reduce labor costs, but the subcontractor does not perform. You have increased quarterly profits, and you have done it by hurting the company. It is fraudulent behavoir, and these and many other examples of this fraudulent behavior are the status quo playbook of corporate America today.

When you cut head count to the point, that you're creating breaks in the link of a production process
How is there a vested interest to decrease production and by consequence revenue?

or you outsource to a subcontractor to reduce labor costs, but the subcontractor does not perform.
General contractors are generally liable for the work a sub does. they are not only subbed out to reduce costs but because the general contractor doesnt have the equipment or labor to perform a task.

If the sub doesnt do the work how does a general contractor benefit?

No the opposite. I don't cuck myself to my employer, and actually understand that capitalism is about leverage, which is why every worker who joins a union is a smart capitalist, and those that dont, are very dumb capitalists.
I find a lot of my union brothers are just looking for someone to protect them when they fuck up. And someone to bitch at when things don`t go their way.

I find a lot of my union brothers are just looking for someone to protect them when they fuck up. And someone to bitch at when things don`t go their way.

The state of my union is poor.

No community is the core of the problem.

I say that in my union meeting, and I get looks to the floor, and foot shuffling from my leadership. I don't know what to make of that.

I tried to get more specific, and said let's bring back the union softball teams. They responded that they had bowling and charity work. I tried to explain that bowling isn't for everyone, and that charity work is important, but it doesn't bring in the young, new employees, or appeal to those with less altruistic motives. Didn't get anywhere with it.

I'll keep trying though. My local president has a love/hate relationship with me. He loves that management fears me, he hates when I rabble rouse in the meeting.

Lol, you have no idea. I make 80k a year. When adjusted for inflation, that is what the average union worker made in 1960.

How many people do you know with a 80k a year job?

You mistake 2 incomes, making 80k together as middle class.

80k a year is maybe upper middle class. And in the city it's middle class.

But even talking about the average American... who's hurting? And how's it the fault of the country in any way?

Most people I know are middle class and everyone still has decent homes, nice vehicles, 50 inch flat screen TVs, $800 smart phones, can afford to go out to eat, vacations etc....

80k a year is maybe upper middle class. And in the city it's middle class.

But even talking about the average American... who's hurting? And how's it the fault of the country in any way?

Most people I know are middle class and everyone still has decent homes, nice vehicles, 50 inch flat screen TVs, $800 smart phones, can afford to go out to eat, vacations etc....

And how much debt do those people owe?

Having things and no debt, like people used to have, and having things and drowning in debt, are two very different things.

And how much debt do those people owe?

Having things and no debt, like people used to have, and having things and drowning in debt, are two very different things.

Well that just involves making stupid decisions, which the government can't control

A young couple starting out and they both make 30k-40k a year and they could live a pretty good life financially in this country... unless they're just stupid with money.

So basically, dont get on a plane made by boeing anytime in the next 8 to 10 years...

Well... Shit.

Back