How does the McG / Alvarez fight play out?

I like how people say all Eddie has to do is rely on his wrestling and takedown Conor. This is tremendously easier said than done. Navigating close enough to get the takedown is going to be difficult enough, then magnify that by the reach advantage. I am sensing Conor fighting one of his more patient / precision counter type of fights.

The Diaz fights are too Conor's advantage, I think there has been growth as a fighter. And despite the amount of takedowns Mendes succeeded on, Conor is actually a fairly good TD defender. I see that fight as more of an anomaly rather then the norm, primarily due to his lingerinh injury.

This is not going to be an easy fight for Alvarez at all, despite his desire to make it seem as such. I see him either getting tagged on a shot attempt or countered when he throws one of those horrendous overhand rights he has in his arsenal.

Last edited:
This is actually Colon's best chance at catching the 155 champ and winning, Colon's speed could give Eddie trouble on the feet. But Eddie could also make him look like an amateur. It's a very interesting stylistic matchup and we'll have to see how it plays out

Eddie will not just focus on tds but he will use clinching and dirty boxing to his advantage. I think an old school randy couture style strategy is not a fight that favors conor. Eddie wears him down and I can see that leading to a UD, tko or late sub. Conors best bet is early on the feet, he's certainly dangerous enough but eddie is gonna get the W.

Eddie will not just focus on tds but he will use clinching and dirty boxing to his advantage. I think an old school randy couture style strategy is not a fight that favors conor. Eddie wears him down and I can see that leading to a UD, tko or late sub. Conors best bet is early on the feet, he's certainly dangerous enough but eddie is gonna get the W.

The only way I see Eddie winning is via a decision. But the whole idea of him getting good shots in on the clinch or through dirty boxing is predicated on the idea that again...he has to close that distance.

After the Diaz fights Conor is back to his element where he can use his size, reach and distance to pick apart his opponent. One of those shots that he landed on Diaz will put Eddie to sleep. I truly believe this is going to look a lot like some of Conor's earlier UFC victories.

If Eddie lets the fight come to him, and doesn't try to bum rush Conor while exchanging like a neanderthal in the first round it's an easy win for him. Him, and his camp should know very well how to game-plan to beat Conor.

The only way I see Eddie winning is via a decision. But the whole idea of him getting good shots in on the clinch or through dirty boxing is predicated on the idea that again...he has to close that distance.

After the Diaz fights Conor is back to his element where he can use his size, reach and distance to pick apart his opponent. One of those shots that he landed on Diaz will put Eddie to sleep. I truly believe this is going to look a lot like some of Conor's earlier UFC victories.
I truly believe what I wrote

That's factually false, share your opinion all you want but the facts say otherwise. I re-watched the fight recently and Diaz pretty much got merked whenever he wasn't landing arm punches.
Lol arm punches. gtfo grease ball.

What is factually true is that Nate won at least 2 of those rounds and 1 judge had Nate merking all over canner.
"Arm Punches" eh?

I truly believe what I wrote

No worries man, I dont doubt that you do. There certainly is way for Eddie to win in your analysis, but I just think its highly unlikely based on the factors I mentioned above.

Lol arm punches. gtfo grease ball.

What is factually true is that Nate won at least 2 of those rounds and 1 judge had Nate merking all over canner.
"Arm Punches" eh?
No judge had Diaz winning 3 round to 2, so even in your fantasy world you're wrong.

Alverez is gonna look to wrestle him, he's said as much in interviews. It will not be an entertaining fight if Eddie has his way

Predictions?

Does Eddie actually stand and trade with Conor?

Or does he go the safe route, ala Pettis, and utilize his wrestling chops?

I'm thinking the latter, if he has paid attention to McGregors main weakness.

Going to say Eddie via wrestling control / GnP. Maybe a sub via choke.
wouldn't be smart for Eddie to stand with Conor as he has the speed/reach/power advantage over Eddie. Eddie needs to play it smart and wrestle fuck him and hope he can do damage and control Conor in positions where he is less likely to be at a disadvantage imo

this...

except im afraid eddie is going to try to prove something instead of taking the clear route to victory... and that can be a problem.

imo, if he doesnt let the moment get to him and or try to get cute, he wins easy.

He just needs to keep focus and not fuck around.

You are wrong. Eddie said way back the route to beat mctapper easily was to take him down. Expect Alvarez to immediately take him down and ground and pound.

Eddie fighting a MMA fight will get him the win IMO. Mix up takedowns (attempts), striking, clinching.

conor gasses out when fights are going his way; never mind when he has to face adversity and work.

Eddie just needs to make conor work and get out of the first round and it is pretty much his fight.

Here is my prediction:

Conor will put his left hand on Eddie's chin. The fight will be over in 10 seconds

ConorBless
ConorGOat

Back