How does the McG / Alvarez fight play out?

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Predictions?

Does Eddie actually stand and trade with Conor?

Or does he go the safe route, ala Pettis, and utilize his wrestling chops?

I'm thinking the latter, if he has paid attention to McGregors main weakness.

Going to say Eddie via wrestling control / GnP. Maybe a sub via choke.

Eddie Alvarez by submission or smothering via wrestling. He will use his wrestling and cardio to his advantage. He's been in the fight game long enough to know the dangers of playing someone else's game and fighting with emotion. The fans (including me) and Conor want a stand up war and if Alvarez decides to dip into that route he will quickly go back to the original game plan (GNP).. Unless McGregor KO's him before he does.

Going to say Eddie via wrestling control / GnP. Maybe a sub via choke.
this...

except im afraid eddie is going to try to prove something instead of taking the clear route to victory... and that can be a problem.

imo, if he doesnt let the moment get to him and or try to get cute, he wins easy.

He just needs to keep focus and not fuck around.

Is Conor even good to go?

Nate fucked him up. He's probably still limping.

Eddie humps Conor for 2 rounds and finishes him in the 3rd.

I think it all boils down to a couple of factors, the most important of which is whether Alvarez fights a *smart* and potentially boring fight. And I think the odds of that happening decrease greatly if McGregor can get Alvarez to fight emotionally and engage in a firefight.

Alverez style is taylor made for McGregor, first round KO as the king predicted.

Eddie has been sticking to his game plans here lately. He will be smart and play it safe. I hope he wins a boring decision just to rustle jimmies

Eddie has been sticking to his game plans here lately. He will be smart and play it safe. I hope he wins a boring decision just to rustle jimmies
If he LnP's his way to a decision, I will ROFL

FavorableClumsyIrishdraughthorse.gif

giphy.gif

mcgregor%2B2.gif

tumblr_nqwxkyP74I1sqqsuco1_400.gif

mcg either KOs eddie or outpoints him using a similar strat to the diaz fight, maybe less leg kicks because of the takedown threat, but an evasive tactic and boxing clinic is possible imo.
alvarez needs to weather the storm of the first couple rounds like he's said then lay it on thick in the championship rounds provided he doesn't get clipped. wall and maul and takedowns, advancing position or maintaining a dominant one while mounting some gnp would be his best shot at winning, i'm not sure how good his boxing is but i think mcg will be quicker and slicker on the feet.
eddies tough though, he can definitely wobble mcg as well, and a grinding style will tire mcg out quicker. i like the matchup, should be a fun fight unless you hate grappling.

It's easy to talk about employing a grapple heavy strategy, it's not as easy to implement that strategy. Alvarez is the lesser striker and is at a 5" reach disadvantage if not more. It will look a lot like his pre UFC fights where he is rocked early, except Conor is patient and too accurate with his follow up shots. McGregor puts him away within the first 2 rounds.

We saw Conor being taken down 4 times when fighting a smaller man then him. I say Eddie slams him on his back then Conor begs the ref to get the fight up on the feet like he did in the Mendez fight, The only place I see Conor having a chance is when they are standing up. But I keep in mind that LWs are not FWs and that Conor's power is probably less impressive at that weight.

I say Conor loses to GnP or a submission if Eddie is smart and doesn't let Conor get in his head and makes him go in a punching battle. But even then I believe that Eddie has a chance at knocking out Mcgregor.

Hopefully McGregor loses so people can realize that other fighters fight in the UFC. Oh and so they can stop posting gay Conor pics and fantasizing about him.

Back