How Does Tatiana Suarez do at Women's Flyweight?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Presuming she does end up getting the belt at 115, there is a possibility that she moves up to 125.

With fighters such as: Nicco Montano, Katlyn Chookagian, Liz Carmouche, Lauren Murphy, Roxanne Modaferri, Valentina Shevchenko, Joanna Jędrzejczyk and the future WMMA goat, Sijara Eubanks.

How does Suarez fare against these fighters?

Suarez is big for 115 and will be stronger and less depleted at 125 - although she does make weight easily at 115.

Thoughts?

hard to tell. that division doesn't have a very clear pecking order.

I wanted to say Suarez fights @ 125 to become the first women's champ champ in UFC history for my 2019 bold prediction, but there's not enough time. She looked so savage in her last performance.
I think there's a lot of shuffling to be done in that division over the next couple of years. It seems like a dominant wrestler could easily ascend to the top. She probably sticks to 115 as long as she can make weight though.

I'm not sure how she'd do, but I would love to see her against Valentina someday, if she keeps heading the direction she has been.
I would even venture to say that would be the Khabib (Suarez) vs Tony (Shevchenko) of WMMA.

If there is any woman UFC fighter capable of holding a belt in two different divisions, I think it's Suarez right now.

Top 5 for sure, definitely a contender. Women's 125 is filled with questionable BJJ fighters with poor wrestling and standup fighters with questionable takedown defence. Valentina, Carmouche, and maybe Chookagian and Joanna if she stays at 125 are the only ones I see giving her problems.

She's still improving, so I can't say what she'll look like by then. I'm sure she can conpete with the top ten at 125lbs just fine, though.

If there is any woman UFC fighter capable of holding a belt in two different divisions, I think it's Suarez right now.

Or Schevchenko. She's obviously the best fighter at 125 and her fight with Nunes was razor thin. I also wonder if she's small enough to make 115.

Or Schevchenko. She's obviously the best fighter at 125 and her fight with Nunes was razor thin. I also wonder if she's small enough to make 115.

There's SW fighters who walk around heavier than Valentina, but she likes her food and doesn't want to cut too much weight so she's never going down to 115.

What makes you so sure Andrade doesnt end her before she even gets to 125?

Nico Montana would decapitate this gall

She'd be top 5. Where exactly? Not sure because division is so new and inactive.

Don't sleep on Nico.

Back