How does Pavlovich's Power Rate?

He has good ko power via being very big. But it’s not like mind blowing power like a Carwin who was blowing guys away with like 4 inch punches
actually thats a good comparison in thudneaa
i think they may be very similar

prople are making excuses for Tai the jab was legit as were the rest of the punches in the barrage

this is the guy refs have to be conservatiivaround

actually thats a good comparison in thudneaa
i think they may be very similar

prople are making excuses for Tai the jab was legit as were the rest of the punches in the barrage

this is the guy refs have to be conservatiivaround

Why do they have to be conservative around him?

He only has 2 KO wins in 18 professional fights which is below average for a HW.

If he were regularly putting opponents out cold it would be another story.

I dunno. I've always thought that once you cross a certain threshold the differences in power become difficult to distinguish and largely academic. Ngannou, Rozenstruik, Lewis, Pavlovich, and Tuivasa all probably hit about as hard as one another or nearly so in practical terms. You can endlessly nitpick about displayed feats where one showed greater power than the other and the mitigating factors therein (KO versus TKO, "The other guy was moving into it", etc.), but I think it's a bit silly personally.

The important part is that they're all clearly capable of hurting anyone in the division with a single, well-placed punch (and sometimes even with a glancing blow). At that point it's more about the other intangibles that accompany that power and allow it to be brought to bear more effectively: hand speed, timing, accuracy, distance management, their ability to carry that power late into a fight, etc.

Obviously very powerful,but He doesnt throw wild. He touches you,finds that range and the combinations that follow hit their target dead on exactly where he means to put it. Dead accurate. When opponent falls out of range he stops punching and gets back in range. Very calm,methodical,but with that power,it wont last long for the other guy,once he starts stringing punches together.

Its obvious too that he does not need to rear back to generate force. Even his arm punches can knock you out.

This. Also, those flurries of shovel hooks/uppercuts that he likes to throw to hurt opponents who are dipping down (either in a desperate attempt to evade or because they're hurt and in the process of falling to the canvas) are absolutely vicious, even if they're just arm-punches some of the time.

I also saw someone point out the other day that the mechanical way in which he loads and throws actually has the side effect of lifting those enormous traps & shoulders up to guard his head -- making it easier for him to roll incoming counters, something he actually did against Tai. I was very impressed by the overall defensive acumen he displayed against Bam Bam, in fact. Despite what outwardly looked like a madman rushing down an opponent and swinging for the fences, during the replays you could actually see him using head movement, shoulder-rolls, and of course the keen distance management you mentioned.

Even if he just had "average Heavyweight power" he'd be a solid Top 15 guy. With what amounts to the touch of death or close to it he is dangerous as fuck and I say that as someone who wasn't sold on him for the longest time. I think he still has things to prove inside the Octagon, but he's very, very legit and a tough out for anyone with the attributes and skills he possesses.

Last edited:
the thud is siimilar though
Its a different kind of hard punch that i dont see often

this is what i meant by confused i cant quite place everything about it but the power is very dense if that makes any sense
I get you. It's that thudding power power that doesn't crack like a whipp.

Its just technical power Striking...

It looked stunning because Tai is such a street brawler...

Had Tai had better fundamentals especially defensively this fight would of been different..

Now if Pav does this to someone like Gane... Okay.. then im wrong ..

But anyone whos been more technical and understands range better has beaten Tai similarly

Pav vs Reem...he didnt want any of the stand up smoke against Reem and paid for it on the floor anyways

2 things stand out to me in this fight. was how every one of Overeem's tricks were working on the stand up. his duck and slip setting up his overhand right, falling into the clinch after a punch, and his knees in the clinch while moving the opponent's hips. the other thing was how Overeem seemingly manhandled him physically. he looks much bigger than Reem, bigger frame, thicker muscled, but Overeem literally threw him to the ground.

also surprising how the duck and slip basically avoided every punch.

I got the comparison of conparisons

His power and punching is like Ray Mercers

thats why refs should be more conservative around him

he looked to be inflicting permanent damage in lots of his KOs Mercers power was surreal I get the same vibe and impression watching Pavlovich make contsct

Last edited:
Reactions: HHJ
I got the comparison of conparisons

His power and punching is like Ray Mercers

thats why refs should be more conservative around him

he looked to be inflicting permanent damage in lots of his KOs Mercers power was surreal I get the same vibe and impression watching Pavlovich make contsct
I can see how you see what he does as similar to Mercer's KO of Tommy Morrison.

I can see how you see what he does as similar to Mercer's KO of Tommy Morrison.
ive been waiting for a ray mercer reincarnation csnt beliwfs it took this long

at least hes in the ufc

Back