How does Ngannou beat Miocic?

Sherdog'sOfficialBlackMan

African American Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Alot of people are writing Miocic off to early and honestly I’m perplexed. Sure, Ngannou may hit as hard as a Ford Focus or whatever, but other than the good ol’ puncher’s chance how does Ngannou beat Stipe? His best wins are Arlovski and Overeem two men who’s ability to take a solid punch as severely dimished.

How does Ngannou get it done? What round does he finish the fight?

By KO, obviously.

The better question is how does Stipe beat Ngannou? I'm interested to see if Stipe tries to take Francis down.

Stipe shouldn't try the wrestling, imo. Blaydes tried the same thing and Blaydes is bigger than Stipe and yes, Blaydes has decent wrestling. Also, Reem tried the clinching and didn't work at all.

Stipe should fight smart: keep the distance, jab him, jab him, make Ngannou come to him. It will be hard, because Ngannou has a better reach.

Predator way of life.

jVcixIX.jpg

He doesn't.

Alot of people are writing Miocic off to early and honestly I’m perplexed. Sure, Ngannou may hit as hard as a Ford Focus or whatever, but other than the good ol’ puncher’s chance how does Ngannou beat Stipe? His best wins are Arlovski and Overeem two men who’s ability to take a solid punch as severely dimished.

How does Ngannou get it done? What round does he finish the fight?

Uppercut ?

Ngannou by flying triangle. He gonna get that Vulkan sponsorship.

Punch face

By KO, obviously.

The better question is how does Stipe beat Ngannou? I'm interested to see if Stipe tries to take Francis down.

Stipe IS hittable.

Ngannou hits like a truck.

Uppercut....?

Wild guess here

Brutal KO

Miocic has only been stopped once in his MMA career. His ability to take a punch has been proven. What makes you think Ngannou has what it takes to stop Miocic? His two best wins are aginst guys who can hardly take a punch anymore.

Miocic has only been stopped once in his MMA career. His ability to take a punch has been proven. What makes you think Ngannou has what it takes to stop Miocic? His two best wins are aginst guys who can hardly take a punch anymore.
Stipe can punch face too. It’s a toss up in favor of the champ who can wrestle body as well as punch face

There is only one way that Ngannou beats miocic and that is by KO/TKO via strikes. The question is if Stipe wins how does he do it? KO by strikes? Rear naked choke? Ground n pound? Decision? I think the fight is a toss up, but if Stipe lasts more than a round n a half, sir Francis may be in shit loads of trouble. Stipe is well rounded and can get it done in multiple ways... unlike Francis who needs a full gas tank to get himself a walk off ko.

He was hurt in many of his fights and survived.

Not only his last fights, but his early UFC fights. Watch the del Rosario fight, Stipe got hurt several times but destroyed him by combinations and keeping the distance.
And del Rosario had power, he was a kickboxer and he was 11-0 in MMA. Not worthy opponents, but all finishes in round 1, except for one fight in round 2.

For the ones who can't read: no, I'm not comparing Rosario with Ngannou

Mystic Black Man predicts Miocic by TKO at 220.

The Croatian stays composed, drags him into the championship rounds and stops the fight late in the 4th!

He was hurt in many of his fights and survived.

Not only his last fights, but his early UFC fights. Watch the del Rosario fight, Stipe got hurt several times but destroyed him by combinations and keeping the distance.
And del Rosario had power, he was a kickboxer and he was 11-0 in MMA. Not worthy opponents, but all finishes in round 1, except for one fight in round 2.

For the ones who can't read: no, I'm not comparing Rosario with Ngannou

That Del Rosario fight was fire. RIP.

But Del Rosario was a lot more well rounded as an MMA striker. All Ngannou seems to have is a powerful uppercut.

Edit: Drunk

Back