How does Lance Armstrong sleep at night?

You're right. He's done far more good than bad.

The end doesn't justify the means.

Otherwise I could go and rob a bank tomorrow, donate everything to dying kids in Africa and I would be the greatest human being ever.

Armstrong haters are such cunts

The dude is responsible for a massive amount of cancer research and inspired countless people facing cancer to fight on.

He is great human being and if he dies tomorrow he has made a FAR bigger positive impact on the world then all of the D-Bags that talk shit combined.

Who honestly gives a fuck about him using roids in a sport with rampant steroid use. The sport isn't what is important in life. When he gets to the gates of heaven I'm pretty sure he will have a VIP pass
Armstrong tried to ruin the lives of many people. Fuck him.

I don't feel too strongly, one way or the other. Most guys who reach the top of their field have a record of burrying careers, being hypocrites, cheating to win, etc. It's almost a prereq that you have to be at least a little sociopathic to reach the pinnacle of any endeavor. Lance, particularly though, went out of his way to be an asshole on multiple occassions.

The dude is responsible for a massive amount of cancer research and inspired countless people facing cancer to fight on.

He is great human being and if he dies tomorrow he has made a FAR bigger positive impact on the world then all of the D-Bags that talk shit combined.

Who honestly gives a fuck about him using roids in a sport with rampant steroid use. The sport isn't what is important in life. When he gets to the gates of heaven I'm pretty sure he will have a VIP pass

It nice that you think so highly to him but his organization spent money on cancer "awareness". It only donated a little to research and then after a point stopped all together. The Livestrong.org organization was intentionally conflated with Livestrong.com, which put money in Lance's and others' pockets. Lance was a profiteer on cancer sympathy. Nothing more.

This. As Bill Burr pointed, who gives a fuck what he did. Lance raised over $500 million dollars for cancer research...let that sink in. People seem to forget the big picture. Also, it should be noted that every other rider in the top 50 roided as well. As odd as it sounds, it WAS an even playing field.

Nothing close to 500 million went to cancer research.

He was a stuck-up jerk. Don't forget that. He threatened people and acted like the king of the world. Really, he was a skinny ugly dude who was on massive amounts of dope who was good at riding road bikes. The cancer research was for his own hero badge and nothing else, as usual, and that money would have been better spent given directly to cancer orphans, as usual, because no cure was found with all that B.S. money.. But salaries were definitely paid.

But yyyeeeaahhhh... It's just super edgy now to like the guy. I get it. *rolleyes*

Well I'm impressed that you have the backs of all the people he was mean to but I bet I can find more then one cancer survivor that agree with me

In my opinion, if he motivated even 1 person to live longer and fight harder in the face of cancer...... it's not even worth mentioning cheating in cycling or being mean to his team mates. Why would I care about that shit? It's not even close to what matters

A lot of people motivate others with cancer to press on and fight, and it's commendable.. They don't all get to act like king of the world about it.

CF1flpAWMAAqVt1.jpg

Like a fucking boss

Same pic could be replicated with jon jones and all his title belts
I believe that's the point of the thread. Thinly veiled I might add.

If he had just cheated for the money understandable, but he was a vicious asshole too, and for that he's a dickweed.

But like Burr said, better he's just a bicycle rider than a Politician, (Thank God those guys are trustworthy)

It nice that you think so highly to him but his organization spent money on cancer "awareness". It only donated a little to research and then after a point stopped all together. The Livestrong.org organization was intentionally conflated with Livestrong.com, which put money in Lance's and others' pockets. Lance was a profiteer on cancer sympathy. Nothing more.

It was a scam to pay for his travel,put money in his pocket and to pay friends high salaries.

here's how it worked:

- Lance gets invited to speak at a cancer fund raiser in Ireland.
- he does it on the condition that they make a donation to LAF
- on that same trip he gets $100-200k to doa charity ride or doa meet and greet.
- he flies using a private jet paid for by the LAF. Essentially all of the donated money went to his travel expense so that he could make money. The leftover money goes to salaries for friends.

A forensic accountant figured out that out of the $35m in money raised by the LAF, $2m went to his private jet expense alone.

This. As Bill Burr pointed, who gives a fuck what he did. Lance raised over $500 million dollars for cancer research...let that sink in. People seem to forget the big picture. Also, it should be noted that every other rider in the top 50 roided as well. As odd as it sounds, it WAS an even playing field.

I remember reading that the best cyclist in the world couldn't be top 100 if he was clean.

The sport was that dirty.

I remember reading that the best cyclist in the world couldn't be top 100 if he was clean.

The sport was that dirty.

This. Hard for people to understand, but it actually was a level playing field.

The end doesn't justify the means.

Otherwise I could go and rob a bank tomorrow, donate everything to dying kids in Africa and I would be the greatest human being ever.

Except in this case all he did was cheat better than all the other cheaters, and raise a half billion dollars for cancer research.

The world is objectively better because of him.

Literally none of that is true. LMAO.

Nice try at making it sound like you know what you are talking about.

Except in this case all he did was cheat better than all the other cheaters, and raise a half billion dollars for cancer research.

The world is objectively better because of him.

Another know nothing response.

The bully thing is funny. It's not like his team was a bunch of schlubs. They had the 2nd and 3rd best GC riders and the best time trialist. They were like an All Star team. They knew wtf was going on and they were part of it.

Back