How does Jon Jones cut weight so easily?

Because he's not actually that big for a LHW.

This, a million and one times. Too many 5'4" Shertards equate height and reach with a large frame. Jones has skinny legs, long arms, and his wrist/ankle circumference are waaay too small to be considered to be of heavyweight frame.

I didn't write anything about them being a problem. I just said that there probably isn't much that he can do to change them.

Ok. I agree there is a possibility that he may not be able to change them.

Yes I think how skinny they are is a problem for hw. Anyway, well see what he does

Jon skips leg days. Always wonder why people don't oblique kick back.

Round the clock nutritionists , gym rat, and experience from being in the division for a long time. He's excellent at his craft in all areas, but is a bonehead everywhere else.

You're kind of saying that he's underweight for his frame, like chicken legs is something you were born with. It means he has plenty of room to grow.

If he can get to 240 in a few months doing squats and deadlifts, 265 is a hop skip and a jump if he ups the volume on the leg presses.

He' s no ectomorph who can't gain weight, he just trying to stay in a certain class. *cough.

Nah, he doesn't have to "try" to stay at LHW, that's clearly the natural class for his body type. Dude's infamous for being indisciplined in his lifestyle and yet never had trouble making 205 or got out-cardioed in the championship rounds. He's a born LHW if ever there was one.

Just like tall, rangy guys like Cowboy and Condit are naturals for their divisions.

DC is more like a Welterweight imo.

came to say this. Prime Wanderlei was a heavier LHW than Jones, Rampage, Tito, Forrest, Bonnar are easily one of the biggest LHWs.

Only Jones and only after bulking up for the OWGP. Wanderlei before the bulk up was like 205-215.

It's almopst like he cheats but I just can't see where?

Yeah, I'm sure that none of the professional strength and conditioning coach that Jones has worked with for the past half decade since he started training at Jackson's a half decade ago have any idea about how to build up legs as well as you do.

No, he doesn't, that much is obvious. My legs are way bigger than Jones' and I started as a 135lb chicken. Strength coaches know nothing about gaining mass.

One thing most people can't accept is that low rep squats are NOT the best way to make your legs BIGGER. That is why I add a set of high rep leg extensions and leg presses after squats with little rest between sets and stretch the muscle while it is still pumped with blood.

Furthermore, most people are so bad at squats they are almost useless. You see guys bending at the waist so bad they're doing "good mornings". Squats are a very technical lift as are deadlifts, a lot can go wrong.

Not to mention deadlifts add little or no size, the world is full of scrawny toothpicks that deadlift 700.

I would recommend front squats instead of back squats, if you do front squats without an upright torso you drop the bar. It's harder to do wrong.

Studies show front squats activate the quads more with less weight thereby reducing the chance of injury. Most people are lifting way more than they can actually lift, they need to drop the ego and work on perfect form.

Always use the lightest weight possible to get a challenging workout. You will get much stronger even though your weights don't look impressive.

That is because you are actually using your muscles instead of loading your tendons. Most guys are using little to no muscle to lift the weight. Then, one day, their tendons reach their limit. SNAP!

Last edited:
Nah, he doesn't have to "try" to stay at LHW, that's clearly the natural class for his body type. Dude's infamous for being indisciplined in his lifestyle and yet never had trouble making 205 or got out-cardioed in the championship rounds. He's a born LHW if ever there was one.

Just like tall, rangy guys like Cowboy and Condit are naturals for their divisions.

He was 240lbs a few months ago, did he catch a tapeworm? lol

Catch up on the latest JBJ news and get back to me.

Got popped a month out from the fight, still don't understand why he's 205 instead of 255 by now. lol

He chose to lose 35.lbs instead of gain 15.

You can use PEDs to bulk or cut, he chooses to cut.

Got popped a month out from the fight, still don't understand why he's 205 instead of 255 by now. lol

Because he's a fighter not a powerlifter lmao.

'Cause unlike most of the fat fucks in this "sport", Jon Jones can actually follow a diet while putting in the proper amount of work necessary to get in shape.

He doesn't have a hard cut cause he mostly just strips away his body fat through diet and exercise, instead of temporarily sucking the water out of his body through saunas and baths. Like, you know, most athletes in any other sport do.
Diet, exercise, and PEDS.

Because he doesn't go to Popeyes chicken on the way home from practice like DC and Big Rig.

TS

tall does not equal weight...

look at his legs

Because he's a fighter not a powerlifter lmao.

He is a powerlifter, only when he's not fighting. Then he's like "oh shit gotta lose the weight!" lol

Sounds like he's a dieter. lol

TS

tall does not equal weight...

look at his legs

There you go again, running in circles.

His legs are small - here's how to get them big - he's not a powerlifter! - his legs are small - here's how to get them big - he's not a powerlifter! lol

The man was 240 a few months ago, I say I say what happened?

Back