How does GSP beat Bisping? (He won’t)

All you GSP doubters saying he doesn't have a chance will be the first motherfuckers on here saying "Bisping was washed up he beat an old injured one eyed Bisping" if GSP wins.
Never met a Newfie I didn't like. I concur.

· T(KO) Nope.

· Lay n Pray (Bisping is bigger and has good TDD so highly doubt it)

· Out point him on the feet? (maybe but that is Bisping’s style as well)

· Better cardio? Bisping is known for having some of the best cardio in the UFC so no.

· Welter weight fighting a middle weight.

I might be proven wrong but I’m having a hard time visualising how GSP wins this.

2vagkk8.jpg

Who cares? I hope they both lose. Neither of them deserve the special treatment they have received.

GSP has never stopped training. He will take Bisping down at will. Will he win? Who knows but If the UFC wants Bisping to be champion, he will remain champ

GSP likes to take the center and be the one pressing forward.
All his opponents seem to oblige him and circle away. So GSP is already "winning" before anything has happened, based on aggression and 8tagon control.
I'm not totally sure why they all let him do that, even the decorated wrestlers seem to fall into HIS rhythm.

I wonder if Bisping will be different, but it's Bisping's style to stick'n'move, while circling away.

You also have to remember, GSP has had time to bulk up and prepare for this weight. I am sure he is training with bigger guys. He will be ready. He will use his jab effectively and you never know, we may see the GSP of old, on the feet. Taking chances, etc;

A blended combination of wall n stall - dump n hump & lay n pray.

GSP's has no advantage except takedowns. And he is fighting the biggest guy who arguably he cannot even take down. I dont see how GSP wins this.

· T(KO) Nope.

· Better cardio? Bisping is known for having some of the best cardio in the UFC so no.

I might be proven wrong but I’m having a hard time visualising how GSP wins this.
If GSP wins this it will be from mixing things up. Bisping stays very light on his feet to avoid the Power Shots of his usually larger opponents. He also stays light on his feet to avoid the TDs of his usually larger opponents. Bisping is likely to be in an unusual position of being the bigger man but the less skilled man. When he has finished guys it has been Charles McArthy level guys. GSP is vastly more skilled and will be striking with him and hitting him with TDs where timing and technique makes it easy as opposed to powering someone down which is draining.

GSP wins if he can mix in lots of TDs and the threat of TDs opens up his striking. Remember GSP baiting Hughes into protecting his leg and then getting kicked in the head? GSP will have no fear of Bispings TDs, his GnP or his submission game. Bisping has to worry about GSP's striking, TDs, GnP and Subs.

if MMA is broken into these 4 areas who has the advantage in each category in your opinion?
Striking =
TDs GSP>Bisping
Subs GSP>Bisping
Top Control/GnP GSP>Bisping
Bottom Game or getting up =

Bisping has the size advantage and that is it but GSP has a clear skill advantage. I think it will be closer then a lot of people think. If Bisping didn't have the cardio he does he would be screwed.

Chael has also said on numerous occasions that GSP tooled him wrestling

You guys underestimate GSP. The Canadian Olympic wrestling team considered him even though he had no amateur experience.
So two people they grounded Bisping says that GSP is a better wrestler and people still want to argue "Bisping is too big"

Bisping isn't some amazing TDD phenom.

Tim Kennedy had no trouble whatsoever in lay n' praying him for 25 minutes.

Yes, Tim towers over GSP but the skill discrepancy might be enough of a gap-closer for GSP to replicate such a gameplan.

As far as the stand-up goes, GSP might actually be landing more with the threat of the takedown factored in.

I think the fight should go like Bisping/Chael but more into Bisping's favor if he's smart enough to, as he did against Chael, use offensive wrestling of his own and capitalize on his strength/power advantage.

It's big GSP, gut included. The WW-sized version isn't a good way to picture his success in this. He'll take him down a bunch of times, kicks and jabs to score on the feet. Much higher IQ on when to do what than Bisping does.

'Ping volume boxes and scrambles to his feet, or shoots against strikers. Doesn't mix them up well. That's why he's got so many losses, whereas GSP has so many dominant wins. One attacks weaknesses, the other does the same routine each fight (aside from left hook Larry).

· T(KO) Nope.

A kickers chance bisping already fights with one eye I would spam kicks and body shots all day

This is a winnable fight for GSP, perhaps one of the only MW top 10 that GSP will match up well against. He will need a varied attacked, using crisp striking to setup his takedowns. Yes, Bisping has excellent cardio and strong TDD, but GSP has mastered the art of the takedown.

My question will be what GSP has left in the tank at this point in his career, let's be frank here, the man has been out of the ring for nearly 4 years. But if GSP is still the elite fighter that he was when he left, expect him to utilize a combination of jabs, kicks and counters to keep Bisping from initiating the clinch. While Bisping has done a remarkable job against guys like Chael (IMHO, Mike won that fight), Sonnen's strikes were never that great at setting up his takedowns, he was great at dragging you to the mat and then moving to position. But Georges initiated TD's with such explosion, it was (is?) effective against even the most elite wrestlers. I will be shocked if Mike doesn't spend significant time on his back in this fight, it will be how he deals with the ground attack that will determine his success.

Where Mike is going to be faced with a challenge will likely be how his own striking game is nullified by defending against the TD, this is where Bisping's cardio could be a huge asset in this fight. Remember how Nick Diaz had such problems opening up his boxing against GSP, early in their fight, but managed to find more of a rhythm later in the fight?

For me, I like both fighters and expect to see a really good, if not technical fight (which I am a fan of). I can see roads to victory for both of these guys. Let's be honest here both GSP and Bisping have question marks.

Georges has been inactive for a while, so no one really knows what he is going to bring into the ring. As for Bisping, well he looked VERY beatable against an aged, and shopworn Dan Henderson (another of my fav fighters). I scored the fight for Bisping, but I still think Dan beat the crap out of him in the process. Dan is obviously a very different fight than GSP, Mike is not going to score at will standing, boxing from the outside with Georges.

St-Pierre is the better fighter, everywhere.

He will probably win a clear cut decision with some takedown here and there, while controlling the fight on the feet.

He won't destroy Bisping like Rockhold did, but he will still win decisevely.

He WAS the best fighter. He hasn't fought in 4 years. How many fighters have attempted a come back after 4 years? How many have come back as good?

View attachment 263889

Who cares? I hope they both lose. Neither of them deserve the special treatment they have received.

Soooooo selling the most ppv's ever and being on a 12 fight winning streak with the most top 5 wins of Anyone ever to do mma and he doesn't deserve special treatment. Ha.
Not only will GSP win he will finish Bisping. Easily I might add. Knee bar 1st or 2nd round. GSP taking that left leg home with him.

Back