How does a Prime Hendo stacks up with todays MW division?

Possibly. Hendo is a damn honey badger, I found myself rooting against him in most of his fights, but you cant help but be in awe of the man after all those wars.

In his prime, and even well after that, Hendo was a tough nut to crack and I could see him do well against any generation.

Also, who's the current MW champ?
<15>

Considering that he should of won the decision against Bisping, I'd say yeah. The best fighter in the division is Rockhold, who has a tendency to block punches with his face. One good H-Bomb could send him to the Canvas.

Of course he would be champ, especially with Bisping holding the belt.

Yes he would.

Prime Anderson rocked and choked out prime Hendo in less than 2 rounds.

Honestly yes prime hendo was a beast and you can even still see shades of prime hendo in old man hendo, like when he ko'd hector Lombard or even when he lost to Bisping the second time but still put him on a year and a half layoff at age 46

Hendo had that great equalizer of a punch that would give him a chance against anyone. He was a much better wrestler in Pride though. The last time you saw him really wrestle a lot with good cardio was in the match where he challenged Rampage for the LHW strap.

Is Prime Hendo and TRT Hendo the same thing?

Hendo had that great equalizer of a punch that would give him a chance against anyone. He was a much better wrestler in Pride though. The last time you saw him really wrestle a lot with good cardio was in the match where he challenged Rampage for the LHW strap.
Prime Hendo wrestled Anderson until
he got rocked with a big knee and choked out in the 2nd round

Prime Hendo wrestled Anderson until
he got rocked with a big knee and choked out in the 2nd round

He tried but I think his wrestling had already deteriorated by that point. His cardio suffered cutting back to MW which is one of the reasons he didnt like doing it.

He tried but I think his wrestling had already deteriorated by that point. His cardio suffered cutting back to MW which is one of the reasons he didnt like doing it.
Hendo was successful wrestling in the 1st round but failed in the 2nd round because Anderson has/had underrated TDD and was getting his shots stuffed. Hendo went on to win 7 of his next 8 fights after the Anderson loss with wins against Franklin, Fedor, Bisping, Shogun, Palhares, Babalu, and Cavalcante.

Could he be champ?
If he used some of his wrestling more rather than try and hit everyone wiyth his "H-BOMB" that every opponent knows is all he is going to try and throw at you. He an old dog that would need to use some new tricks. (old but new)

Hendo on his best day matches up well with any of them

tumblr_mysigcdtI71ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back