How do you think was the best small HW in their prime BESIDES Fedor?

Randys second run at HW doesn t count he was on TRT otherwise he wouldn't have been remotely successful.

Are you making a point? What does Randy's second HW run have to with my statement? Have you said anything that makes my point any less accurate?

His best work was all done between 225-230.
He fluctuated between 225-245 lbs throughout PRIDE. If he's a small HW, then so is Werdum. They are virtually the same size:

Werdum:
- Height = 6'4"
- Reach = 77"
- Avg. Career Weigh-in = 240lbs

Nogueira:
- Height = 6'3"
- Reach = 77"
- Avg. Career Weigh-in = 239lbs

I know not everybody will agree Fedor was the best but too many people will pick him if he's allowed in this poll. Which of the following is the best IYO?

Prime Crocop
Prime Couture
Prime Cain
Prime HW DC
Prime Pat Barry? :D
Define small

He fluctuated between 225-245 lbs throughout PRIDE. If he's a small HW, then so is Werdum. They are virtually the same size:

Werdum:
- Height = 6'4"
- Reach = 77"
- Avg. Career Weigh-in = 240lbs

Nogueira:
- Height = 6'3"
- Reach = 77"
And JDS too.

10-15 years ago - Igor
The past 10 years - DC

And JDS too.
JDS:
- Height = 6'4"
- Reach = 77"

Arlovski:
- Height = 6'4"
- Reach = 77"
- Avg. Career Weigh-in = 242lbs

Stipe:
- Height = 6'4"
- Reach = 80"
- Avg. Career Weigh-in = 242lbs

With the exception of Stipe's reach, all are similar size the Nogueira. And I wouldn't call any of them small. If you're 6'2"+, have a 75"+ reach, and average over 235lbs, I don't think you can be called a small HW.

Pat Barry.

I'll give your stupid thread an equally stupid answer.

(The real answers are Fedor and Igor Vovchanchyn).

This. Igor is the correct answer.

Why are people saying nog is a small hw ? Lol wtf.

I think all except Fedor, Cain and Cormier would not do well. Except cro cop if he keep it standing.

The difference is the new breed of HW as time goes on will have more lean and muscle mass and be better conditioned than old HW.

Fedor has frame and bone structure of a large MW or smaller lhw. If lhw elimitate weighthe cutting like One championship did and raised cap from 225lb to 235lb Fedor would be there. Most lhw today weigh 217lbs to 227lb and are lean some are 230lbs almost. And they are they are taller than Fedor. Fedor is 5'11 and was 233lbs chubby with muscle under his fat layer.

Been waiting on this new breed for 10 years. I thought Ngannou was your boy?

This. Igor is the correct answer.

Why are people saying nog is a small hw ? Lol wtf.
Probably because he weighed in sometimes in the low 230's, but by that logic you could argue Overeem is a small HW (which I've actually seen on this board lol).

If they are considered small, crocop, DC and Couture are all up there.

Big Nog (depending where you draw the line for "small HW"), or CroCop.

Pat Barry.

I'll give your stupid thread an equally stupid answer.

(The real answers are Fedor and Igor Vovchanchyn).

Igor Vovchanchyn vs Pat Barry........... OMG.......... WE need Time travel like NOW!

I think all except Fedor, Cain and Cormier would not do well. Except cro cop if he keep it standing.

The difference is the new breed of HW as time goes on will have more lean and muscle mass and be better conditioned than old HW.

Fedor has frame and bone structure of a large MW or smaller lhw. If lhw elimitate weighthe cutting like One championship did and raised cap from 225lb to 235lb Fedor would be there. Most lhw today weigh 217lbs to 227lb and are lean some are 230lbs almost. And they are they are taller than Fedor. Fedor is 5'11 and was 233lbs chubby with muscle under his fat layer.

There is no new bread of HW. HW is the division that has not improved at all since Fedor's days. 4 of the top 10 are fighters from the Fedor days

2017 join date, figures.

Lesnar? Carwin? Duffee? Even Mir when he was in shape. Kongo? It was the same 10 years ago, there's always a "new breed" that is gonna wipe out the old guard, a new era of athletic, massive HWs, blah blah, yet the old guard just won't go away, even though they're old and battered as fuck. Guys like Ngannou are a rare breed, they're not nor will they ever be the norm.

And Stipe is only 240ish and not shredded, so he's around the 225-245 size that most of the best HW's have been historically. Blaydes is also kinda soft, though pretty typical for HW, not really good examples.

Kongo in his prime was in the 220s. It never made sense to me

Prime CroCop and DC get my vote, though I reckon a 230ish fight (pride rules) between prime Nog (e.g. 2004) and DC (2015-2017) would be absolutely epic

You could probably argue guys like Jones, Gus and Rumble would be 230ish HW's too

Back