How do you think the pyramids were built?

So you think not ONE slave was used at all?
Not for building. You'd have to understand their caste system at the time to realize why that job would have no slaves involved.

Not for building. You'd have to understand their caste system at the time to realize why that job would have no slaves involved.

Building is everything from design to the poor pricks pulling the massive sand stone blocks.

Slaves would of definitely been used at some point in the chain.

Yet once you've seen modern buildings that hit almost 1500' tall the great pyramids dont actually impress you at under 500'.
Sure, if you're oblivious to what you're actually looking at. Im not sure why height would be a determining factor here or a reason for more or less awe, unless of course you just don't understand what you're looking at.

The great pyramid has been a challenge and obsession of countless famous and great thinkers for thousands of years all the way through to today where it makes even the most skillful modern architect blush with envy in accuracy, complexity and general scope...and none of these factors leading to the awe it creates are based on it's age...that is just a further mindfuck to the whole situation.

It would, as a matter of fact, be the single most difficult and challenging project in the world to recreate and would would like take on the order of 50-100 years to complete if based on the Indiana Limestone Quarrying estimates.

Whit a lot of this...
_img

There are things our ancestors did we can't recreate.

It's extraordinarily difficult to make a functioning catapult with any reasonable degree of accuracy.
Perhaps, but I could argue that there is also a lack of imagination if you settle for the 'people built it using ropes, pulley's sticks and stones' argument. There could have been another way it was built, another mechanization technique could have been used that is as of now, unfamiliar to modern day humans. There could be a time period that is missing from human history that we haven't and perhaps will never discover.

Would purely sticks and stones with pulleys and ropes be the most efficient way to accomplish such a task?

The most efficient way is not necessarily the way that was used.

Look, monkeys could fly out of my butt and that's fun to think of but it's just an unnecessary complication.

It seems as though people are seeing a magic trick and believe the method must be magic instead of just dexterity and some engineering.

I don't think we have a ny debate here tho we're likely just going to reiterate our positions so all the best :)

There was no "Pyramid Union" found and no real traces of paperwork......so you can rule out the Jews

Construction companies aren't built to make pyramids because the demand doesn't exist.

I bet if they made a pyramid in Nevada or somewhere where they could, that was going to be two times the size of the ones in Giza.

I bet it would be a tourist attraction and major headline news.

UFO or Jedi Master using the Force.

Building is everything from design to the poor pricks pulling the massive sand stone blocks.

Slaves would of definitely been used at some point in the chain.

To be fair the term "slaves" covers a lot of ground, these days we tend to view is along the lines of extreme new world plantation slavery but it has also taken many less extreme forms.

The same people that say slaves built the pyramids in Egypt like to say that slaves moved the Baalbek stones which is an even more impressive feat.

There had to be ancient technology that is either hidden or lost that was used by either man, giants, fallen angels or all of the above. The tools used to move massive stones has been speculated to be sound related.

What I do find amazing is that a race of people smart enough to build these magnificent structures, also built them for absolutely retarded reasons.

The same way you can order some cheap plastic crap on Amazon now and have it delivered in 2 hours.

They hired some Mexican contractors and got the cash discount

What I do find amazing is that a race of people smart enough to build these magnificent structures, also built them for absolutely retarded reasons.
i suppose it’s not much different from say the viet-nam memorial in DC.

I would think that the motifivations were multifaceted for their epic structures. Partial resting place for a given ruler-deity, partial expression of state power, partial outlet for collective artistic expression and so on.

We as modern westerners certainly perceive ancient societies and states with more prestige based on their architecture.

Back