How do you think the pyramids were built?

One thing to keep in mind

The “slaves” still were incredibly fed while working on the pyramids. It likely was volunteer work for a lot of people

Working guilds built the pyramids. Not slaves. As for volunteers? Who knows.

Not wanting to turn all SJW in here but the last 2 or 3 pages are a bit heated. Mods should tone things down imo.

Interesting thread as always on this subject.

Working guilds built the pyramids. Not slaves. As for volunteers? Who knows.

I imagine it like a union job. They worked shifts and got paid handsomely for it.

It probably took 27 years to build because they slacked so they could get more hours in.

weren't these blocks moved like dozens of miles from limestone quarries or whatnot?

not the same as the guy in his backyard doing it IMO

One thing that always puzzled me is, you have to think these Pharaoh were pretty full of themselves right?

And yet you don’t really some much change is design from Pharaoh to Pharaoh....

I think of it like when you see people on reddit post photos of themselves in their army uniform next to one of their Pap or father in a similar uniform. Some people relish their ancestry and the reincarnation type effect of genetics. Pharoas grew up with knowledge about their great grandfathers and so on and on and being that they look up to them they keep the traditional look.

Well this thread went places...

I was pleased..

Go on...

@jgarner you DO know aliens built those things, right? Because they did.

Well I guess technically humans are aliens if you really think about it.

I know Google makes searching images easy, but come clean Garner, that pic is your desktop background isn't it.

Some of the circular tube drill cores have an appearance, especially those made of granite, of high rotational speeds for cutting. Bronze and copper, even aided by a grit and lubricant, are incapable of acheiving the results we find, especially at the scale we find. It is possible the could have used a gem tipped (diamond) drill but they would have needed something to mount it to, still nothing in the tool record strong enough not to have had to have been replaced at an unreasonable rate.

Acting like this isn't puzzling is intellectually dishonest. The most likely scenario is that they had some way to produce and harness electricity. Electricity isn't magic, and as has been mentioned, these were clearly exceptionally capable people.

cff2b738f2d13e9188f881c9d1d0a96a.jpg

Granite-Drill-Core-Gizeh-4th-Dynasty.jpg

No this is my background photo.

10-Hottest-Male-Models-2017-13.jpg

How the fuck does a core drill tell you how they cut rock. That's nonsensical.

Forgive me, but you saying they are hacks, and that their work is bullshit, it means nothing to me, because you have brought forth zero information of your own, and not even a hypothesis.
It's clearly a purpose built construction for something functional, not a bed for a megalomaniac pharoah who decided to not write his name anywhere on the greatest building the world has ever seen. Chris Dunn has the most well developed theory on what it probably was, but it is completely out of context for the time so it is hard to swallow, which leads me to believe it was probably built much earlier than 2600bc. Just because there is not a replacement theory that meets your (or my own frankly) personal standards doesn't mean that the current theory is well thought out or on solid evidence based grounds.

You don't even seem to understand why they think it was a tomb, so I'm not sure why you're so hell bent on accepting the orthodox perspective. Appealing to authority usually makes sense, but you're mistaking these people for scientists...they are not. It is a menagerie of guess work by nature, and the tomb theory is a shot in the dark that makes very little logical sense even if you discount the shoddy evidence basis it's grounded in.

Well I guess technically humans are aliens if you really think about it.

No this is my background photo.

10-Hottest-Male-Models-2017-13.jpg

How the fuck does a core drill tell you how they cut rock. That's nonsensical.

hawt.

They used the core drilling method to hollow out the granite boxes, namely the one box found in the Kings Chamber of the Great Pyramid. That is how they removed the material.

weren't these blocks moved like dozens of miles from limestone quarries or whatnot?

The granite in the main chambers, blocks weighing up to 80 tons, are from Aswan, 500 miles away.

Any web sources which you can recommend on reading about the pyramids?
And you posted earlier that the 'tomb' were not looted before 1200 but iirc Arabs broke into Giza in the 8th century.
not everything in here is gospel, but most of it is common knowledge and it's all in one place as a primer to get an understanding of the historical and technical significance of the Giza Plateau.

http://gizapyramid.com/Stories.htm

Al Mamoun broke into it in the 800's AD. Basically....

Documented history of The Great Pyramid begins in 820 AD, when the Caliph of Baghdad, Abdullah Al Mamoun (786-833), forced his way through the north face in search of a fabled treasure of ancient documents and artifacts. Exactly what Mamoun expected to find inside the pyramid is difficult to say. He is reported to be an educated man who tried, without success, to calculate the true circumference of the Earth, and who sought to regain ancient navigational knowledge that had been lost when the library of Alexandria was destroyed.

Hacking blindly into the base of the pyramid, Mamoun eventually broke into the Descending Passage just below its carefully hidden junction with the Ascending Passage. From here he was free to explore everything in the pyramid’s lower interior, from the formally concealed entrance (ironically just a few feet from his forced tunnel) to the lower passages and Subterranean Chambers. Finding nothing that interested him in the lower part of the interior, Mamoun turned his attention to the foot of the Ascending Passage, which, after remaining concealed for thousands of years, had been exposed when its stone seal had been dislodged by his excavations.

Ordered to tunnel up and around what was eventually discovered to be three huge granite plugs (still wedged firmly in place today), Mamoun’s men smashed out core masonry and then broke up several smaller limestone plugs which had been placed behind the heavier, harder and more securely wedged granite. Having finally gained access to the Ascending Passage, Mamoun climbed into the heart of the pyramid, where he found the upper end of the Well Shaft, the Grand Gallery, the King & Queen’s Chambers and almost all other known features located in the upper body of the pyramid.

It is both interesting and important to note that Mamoun and his men, after tunneling horizontally for a hundred feet through solid stone, now went to almost unimaginable lengths to tunnel upward, around the granite plugs that blocked the Ascending Passage. This would seem to confirm, once again, that the bottom of the Well Shaft was effectively concealed at that time. If this had not been so, it would have been far easier for Mamoun’s men to remove the loose rubble that we know filled the Well Shaft, than to tunnel upward through solid stone.

One can only imagine Mamoun’s thoughts as he and his men explored the upper part of the pyramid. The disappointment of finding only cramped passages and empty chambers, and the confusion of staring into the empty coffer must have been heart breaking. Although the treasure Mamoun sought had, quite literally, been staring him in the face since before he’d broken into the pyramid, it remained concealed by his own greed, and he was eventually forced to pay his men from his own pocket. Aside from a few interesting but unsubstantiated rumors to the contrary, the interior features of the pyramid are all that were exposed at that time and, regrettably, both the pyramid and mankind failed to benefit from their discovery.

Despite his reputation as an educated and enlightened man, Mamoun shamelessly savaged the Great Pyramid and left without giving its size, orientation and curiously arranged passages & chambers another thought. Open to the elements for the first time since it was built, the battered and bruised pyramid quietly awaited a much more serious and deadly attack.

Original Entrance (not known at the time of Al Mamoun) and below and to the right Al Mamoun's forced Entrance
introphoto2.jpg

Last edited:
Too bad most of the artifacts were are already stolen by the time modern science evolved.

Foerster goes WAY too deep in my opinion into the elongated skull stuff and is really speculative on shit like boomerangs coming from Australia. It's probably more likely they were invented in Egypt and moved to Australia than vice versa, though independent development makes more sense on that one for such a simple tool any individual alone could make.

I think the real point of interest with this particular video lies with him pointing out the obvious discrepency between the carvings on the granite surfaces and the surfaces of the boxes themselves. When you get up close to the carvings, they are basically amateurish chicken scratch, even straight lines were impossible for the engraver...while the polished granite boxes are mathematical and stone working masterpieces. It stretches credulity that the same people who made the boxes did the carvings.

p1190025.jpg

hawt.

They used the core drilling method to hollow out the granite boxes, namely the one box found in the Kings Chamber of the Great Pyramid. That is how they removed the material.

No, I asked you how that tells you they cut rock? There's nothing shown by those samples that couldn't have easily been produced by this or something similar. Something rather basic could easily have produced high velocity drilling without the need for "advanced technology". You can spin things pretty fast with rope and basic tools if you have any idea how mechanical advantage works.

coring_drill_used_in_the_rock_cutting_experiment.jpg

That's really not that impressive kiddo.

Yeah but basic math shows that even those massive boulders will float rather easily with floats tied to them. It's a well thought out theory when you consider these areas had plenty of water back in that period.

Physicists at the University of Amsterdam also tested and calculated that using sleds and wet sand, a couple hundred people can pull boulders across desert. This is also depicted in 1800 BC drawings found in Egypt.

https://www.livescience.com/45285-how-egyptians-moved-pyramid-stones.html

No, I asked you how that tells you they cut rock? There's nothing shown by those samples that couldn't have easily been produced by this or something similar. Something rather basic could easily have produced high velocity drilling without the need for "advanced technology". You can spin things pretty fast with rope and basic tools if you have any idea how mechanical advantage works.

coring_drill_used_in_the_rock_cutting_experiment.jpg

That's really not that impressive kiddo.

It's clearly a purpose built construction for something functional, not a bed for a megalomaniac pharoah who decided to not write his name anywhere on the greatest building the world has ever seen. Chris Dunn has the most well developed theory on what it probably was, but it is completely out of context for the time so it is hard to swallow, which leads me to believe it was probably built much earlier than 2600bc. Just because there is not a replacement theory that meets your (or my own frankly) personal standards doesn't mean that the current theory is well thought out or on solid evidence based grounds.

You don't even seem to understand why they think it was a tomb, so I'm not sure why you're so hell bent on accepting the orthodox perspective. Appealing to authority usually makes sense, but you're mistaking these people for scientists...they are not. It is a menagerie of guess work by nature, and the tomb theory is a shot in the dark that makes very little logical sense even if you discount the shoddy evidence basis it's grounded in.

And yet again, zero data. Your eagerness to have your point taken seriously is inverse to your ability to actually bring forth any information to support said point.

Back