How do you think the pyramids were built?

You're the one that brought forth the quote to make a point. It's not my fault I did a single minute of research to find that the company produces enough limestone in one year to make a pyramid. If you want to use a source, be ready to provide documentation to support that source.

Milwaukee is a good choice. It's what I use.

Let's talk about these power tools you think they used. Describe them. You think they had fork lifts too or just power drills?

And again, you brought up the random chunk of metal found in a single place as evidence for your assertion that they had an entire metal industry that vanished overnight. I'm not arguing with some jackass I have to find. I'm arguing with the jackass in front of me telling me that ancient Egyptians had power tools and a metal industry that vanished for some unknown reason despite literally everything else not vanishing.

Did you literally just name call all of us 'little girls' while trying to prove a point about how it's not ok to name call?

<Dana05>

You're like that guy who tries to break up an argument in the bar and ends up punching the guy he's trying to calm down.
If you're not mature enough to accept when you've been called out for being ridiculous and inflammatory for petty bullshit, then there's no helping you.

Carry on with the endless debates that changes no one's mind and is of no substantial progress whatsoever.

If you're not mature enough to accept when you've been called out for being ridiculous and inflammatory for petty bullshit, then there's no helping you.

Carry on with the endless debates that changes no one's mind and is of no substantial progress whatsoever.

If you're not mature enough to admit that you're a hypocrite who uses name calling to talk shit to name callers then there's no helping you.

Carry on with jumping in out of place and making hypocritical, holier than thou posts so you can pretend like you're better than everyone else.

If you're not mature enough to admit that you're a hypocrite who uses name calling to talk shit to name callers then there's no helping you.
I didn't say you were a little girl, I said you and the other posters were arguing like them.

Semantics, etc

I didn't say you were a little girl, I said you and the other posters were arguing like them.

Semantics, etc

Just admit that you tried to pretend like you're a better person than us and failed. What you really wanted was a moment of feeling superior than everyone around you. Well you failed buddy. If you just want attention then say so.

It's not like I actually hate @andnowweknow because he thinks ancient Egyptians looked like this...

1469164578772.jpg

You're appealing to an "authority" you don't know anything about in a topic you clearly don't understand. If you knew who Zahi Hawass was and the way he comports himself, you'd be embarrassed.

And don't ma'am me, unless you want me to lay down the gauntlet and fight you irl at the McDonald's parking lot of your choosing.

vernon.gif

A. Quite childish to play the parking lot card

B. You are hinging your argument solely upon Hawass, despite the other researchers involved in the project, and further discoveries made after his tenure was over.

Again, I will take the word of the people who do the work over someone who simply makes an assertion without providing even a single piece of information or evidence. I like Robert Bauvall and Graham Hancock, though.

Welcome to the internet, bitch.
Just admit that you tried to pretend like you're a better person than us and failed. What you really wanted was a moment of feeling superior than everyone around you. Well you failed buddy. If you just want attention then say so.

It's not like I actually hate @andnowweknow because he thinks ancient Egyptians looked like this...

1469164578772.jpg
No, it just gets tiring when I want to learn more about the pyramids in threads like these, but over half of it is pissing contests between literally the same people every time.

I have no illusions of being better than anyone, so you can take your armchair psychology somewhere else.

No, it just gets tiring when I want to learn more about the pyramids in threads like these, but over half of it is pissing contests between literally the same people every time.

I have no illusions of being better than anyone, so you can take your armchair psychology somewhere else.

You came to an MMA forum post about if some ancient relative of man helped humans build the pyramids to learn real facts about the pyramids?

Here. Let me help you.

http://bfy.tw/HhfY

scroll down, I have a present for you

One thing to keep in mind

The “slaves” still were incredibly fed while working on the pyramids. It likely was volunteer work for a lot of people

One thing that always puzzled me is, you have to think these Pharaoh were pretty full of themselves right?

And yet you don’t really some much change is design from Pharaoh to Pharaoh....

I do know the evidence that it was a tomb for the Pharoah Khufu is an utter joke and just something that has carried over for the past 150 years just because there is no other answer. We know that a restoration project occurred around the time of Khufu on both the Sphinx and the Great Pyarmid, we have ZERO evidence that it was built then. In fact, the only conclusive carbon dating done on organic material found between the blocks is 300-400 years BEFORE Khufu's reign.

Any web sources which you can recommend on reading about the pyramids?
And you posted earlier that the 'tomb' were not looted before 1200 but iirc Arabs broke into Giza in the 8th century.

It was built a block at a time, lego style.

One thing to keep in mind

The “slaves” still were incredibly fed while working on the pyramids. It likely was volunteer work for a lot of people

It took them around 30 years to build it is estimated. Given that people didn't live for as long back then, could it be likely that there were a few generations of volunteers involved?

1469164578772.jpg
I know Google makes searching images easy, but come clean Garner, that pic is your desktop background isn't it.

Some of the circular tube drill cores have an appearance, especially those made of granite, of high rotational speeds for cutting. Bronze and copper, even aided by a grit and lubricant, are incapable of acheiving the results we find, especially at the scale we find. It is possible the could have used a gem tipped (diamond) drill but they would have needed something to mount it to, still nothing in the tool record strong enough not to have had to have been replaced at an unreasonable rate.

Acting like this isn't puzzling is intellectually dishonest. The most likely scenario is that they had some way to produce and harness electricity. Electricity isn't magic, and as has been mentioned, these were clearly exceptionally capable people.

cff2b738f2d13e9188f881c9d1d0a96a.jpg

Granite-Drill-Core-Gizeh-4th-Dynasty.jpg

A. Quite childish to play the parking lot card

B. You are hinging your argument solely upon Hawass, despite the other researchers involved in the project, and further discoveries made after his tenure was over.

Again, I will take the word of the people who do the work over someone who simply makes an assertion without providing even a single piece of information or evidence. I like Robert Bauvall and Graham Hancock, though.
The entire basis of those articles you posted with regards to the relevance of those burial finds is predicated on the idea that the Great Pyramid was built during the life of the 4th Dynasty pharoah Khufu, of which there is no substantial evidenciary support. Hawass, Lehner and many others promote that idea as if it is some iron clad story...it's a really flimsy guess actually, and logically it makes no sense.

Hancock and Bauval are obviously exceptionally knowledgeable on this stuff. Especially Bauval.

The entire basis of those articles you posted with regards to the relevance of those burial finds is predicated on the idea that the Great Pyramid was built during the life of the 4th Dynasty pharoah Khufu, of which there is no substantial evidenciary support. Hawass, Lehner and many others promote that idea as if it is some iron clad story...it's a really flimsy guess actually, and logically it makes no sense.

Hancock and Bauval are obviously exceptionally knowledgeable on this stuff. Especially Bauval.

Forgive me, but you saying they are hacks, and that their work is bullshit, it means nothing to me, because you have brought forth zero information of your own, and not even a hypothesis.

Back