How do you think Prime Fedor v Prime Jones would go?

Fair opinion and one I don't agree with.

As evidenced by the pictures Prime Fedor in Pride was in far better shape and his physicality was his biggest weapon during his prime run. His ability to over power and bully guys.

Later in his career he still demonstrated how good he was by still being at the top long after his physicality had diminished greatly.

Just because someone is still winning late in their career trajectory does not mean they are as good as they were during their prime run.

And just so you know EVERY single undefeated or dominant champ is SUPPOSED to the best while they are still winning UNTIL you finally see them lose and realize they were long past their best BUT still winning.

Buster Douglas did not prove Mike Tyson was never that good. He did expose however that even though Tyson was still winning prior he was well PAST his prime run.
We're never going to agree, you think Fedor was past prime when he got to SF and I think he wasn't.

Fedor great fighter...but he never beats Jones...the sport moved past and Fedor would not have been able to keep up...great for the talent at the time...but not in Jones class...sorry Fedor lovers of which I am one...would never reach the level of Jon Jones...would not Beat D.C., Rumble or Gus either...just reality@ heavy or LT Heavy

similar to this

You are free to believe what you want but this is how Fedor looked in his prime...

We need beat up and hyper extended arm Jones in the 1st page. Come on bros.

jonesgus_original.jpg

77a779.jpeg

Jon-Jones-vs-Vitor-Belfort-UFC-152-Foto-Divulgacao-UFC-3.jpg

Last edited:
Fair opinion and one I don't agree with.

As evidenced by the pictures Prime Fedor in Pride was in far better shape and his physicality was his biggest weapon during his prime run. His ability to over power and bully guys.

Later in his career he still demonstrated how good he was by still being at the top long after his physicality had diminished greatly.

Just because someone is still winning late in their career trajectory does not mean they are as good as they were during their prime run.

And just so you know EVERY single undefeated or dominant champ is SUPPOSED to the best while they are still winning UNTIL you finally see them lose and realize they were long past their best BUT still winning.

Buster Douglas did not prove Mike Tyson was never that good. He did expose however that even though Tyson was still winning prior he was well PAST his prime run.

Tyson was absolutely in his prime still. What was he 24? Movement was the key to beating Tyson, and Douglas had great movement skills. He just underachieved/wasnt conditioned properly a lot. James Tillis fought 19yo. Tyson to a 6-4 decision loss---the Tyson that was knocking people out left and right. And Tyson was absolutely fading at the end.

Fedor won't stop the takedown so Jones would take him down, knee him in the ribs and wear him out on the ground then tko or submit him. Jones was really good at beating the energy out of guys early with ground and pound to the body.

The idea of Jones as some kind of superwrestler doesn't really hold up to looking at his career though, he's struggled to take down guys like Glover, OSP, etc. Exellent takedown defence vs Cormier and certainly it wouldn't be easy for Fedor to take him down but that doesn't translate to being a better wrestler anymore than Crocop was a better wrestler than Coleman..

I would point out as well MartinGibson is recycling the same "he failed when he came to the US" nonsense when in reality Fedor fought in the US in late 2006 and didn't lose until 2010 including wins over two of the three best US based HW's of the era. Furthermore I think the idea that "he declined early so he must have been on PEDS" is backwards nonsense, one of the biggest advantages of PEDs is that they allow fighters to extend there prime years into their late 30's when test levels would naturally be dropping off.

In reality I actually think its more likely that Pride's non testing resulted in Fedor fighting opponents like Coleman, Randleman and Fujita who may well have been on PEDs.

I'm more interested in who wins between Prime Stephen Hawking and Prime Barrack Obama.

Or...
Gargamel vs Skeletor.

We need beat up and hyper extended arm Jones in the 1st page. Come on bro.

jonesgus_original.jpg

LOL you're basically saying, "Jones has way more heart. Look what he fought through and won."

Fedor went facedown, ass-up against a MW.

He does look much better in the Pride pic (In japans ped testing free environment) and he clearly looks worse in the Strikeforce pic (coincidentally in an American environment with some basic ped testing)
Dear oh dear. It would be naive to thinking America is this bliss drug-free zone...
Strikeforce was home to prime Ubereem. They gave no fucks about Steroids just like the UFC didn't until USADA.

Ps. Not trying to make this an Overeem thread, just using this to point out Strikeforce/America wasn't so clean as people like Dana White would've liked us to think

Here's Ubereem in 2009 fighting in Japan.
10325.jpg

Here's Ubereem sporting his giant "drug-free" back, in Strikeforce in 2010
hqdefault.jpg

Here he is a year later, once again, in Strikeforce 2011...
alistair%20overeem%20vs%20werdum.jpg

As you can see, Strikeforce gave no fucks. It wasn't until he was scheduled to fight in Las Vegas against Dos Santos that the NSAC caught him with an elevated test level.

The idea of Jones as some kind of superwrestler doesn't really hold up to looking at his career though, he's struggled to take down guys like Glover, OSP, etc. Exellent takedown defence vs Cormier and certainly it wouldn't be easy for Fedor to take him down but that doesn't translate to being a better wrestler anymore than Crocop was a better wrestler than Coleman..

I would point out as well MartinGibson is recycling the same "he failed when he came to the US" nonsense when in reality Fedor fought in the US in late 2006 and didn't lose until 2010 including wins over two of the three best US based HW's of the era. Furthermore I think the idea that "he declined early so he must have been on PEDS" is backwards nonsense, one of the biggest advantages of PEDs is that they allow fighters to extend there prime years into their late 30's when test levels would naturally be dropping off.

In reality I actually think its more likely that Pride's non testing resulted in Fedor fighting opponents like Coleman, Randleman and Fujita who may well have been on PEDs.
Great post

We're never going to agree, you think Fedor was past prime when he got to SF and I think he wasn't.
agreed and this is not a discussion that can be proved. All we have is our opinions and whatever evidence we can offer to support it.

Considering Fedor's game was one of physicality and strength and power (particularly grappling and control strength) I do think I have put forth far more evidence for Fedor being well past his prime then you simply stating you think he was not. NO one can deny the vast difference in his body and how he went from looking like a powerlifter fighter to a dad bod' fighter as many were calling him in those last years of his winning streak.

Fedor great fighter...but he never beats Jones...the sport moved past and Fedor would not have been able to keep up...great for the talent at the time...but not in Jones class...sorry Fedor lovers of which I am one...would never reach the level of Jon Jones...would not Beat D.C., Rumble or Gus either...just reality@ heavy or LT Heavy

That's true.

Look how they reacted to body kicks back then:

fedorlowkick.gif

And now:

giphy.gif

They just take them like men. Fighters now are simply tougher and more skilled.

LOL you're basically saying, "Jones has way more heart. Look what he fought through and won."

Fedor went facedown, ass-up against a MW.

He was put on a stretcher in his 20's. Didn't happen to Fedor.

Jones is also a steroid cheat.

Sorry bro. Prime Fedor > Jones.

You lost me there.

DC never fought the best HW's (no Barnett, Bigfoot and Mir weren't the best) and he was not a HW when he fought Jones.

Try again.

Cheers.

It was a clear-cut 4-1 decision.

DC pounded Bigfoot immediately after he killed Fedor.

Cheers to you! xoxo

Tyson was absolutely in his prime still. What was he 24? Movement was the key to beating Tyson, and Douglas had great movement skills. He just underachieved/wasnt conditioned properly a lot. James Tillis fought 19yo. Tyson to a 6-4 decision loss---the Tyson that was knocking people out left and right. And Tyson was absolutely fading at the end.
You are entitled to your opinion and that is all any of us offer and that is fine.

But if your view is that Buster Dougas was the guy to beat Tyson at any point in your career then you have an opinion that you will be almost alone on amongst knowledgeable followers of boxing. I know that never stops a shertard as they think 'no everyone else is wrong, it cannot be me' and they cling to that and nothing will change their view.

There is a reason Buster was one of the biggest underdogs going into that fight and that few thought he was a stylistic nightmare for any version of Tyson.

I've seen others argue Spinks beat a Prime Ali as well and he was just a stylistic problem. Tards gonna tard. We have to accept that.

The key is not to dragged into pointless discussions with those tards who will hide behind 'ya...well thats my opinion man' and deny all other logic. Prime is not solely defined by age.

*sigh* Not dumb, nor trolling, just correct. His TDD was the weakest part of his game, he was just so good on the mat and in the scrambles that it didn't really matter. Whenever he faced a guy with a solid take down game, he got put on his back. From Arona (who beat him but got robbed), to Coleman, Randleman, and Lindland (it was a nice rope grab reversal, though) when he faced excellent wrestlers he got taken down. No shame there, nor was there any in Bigfoot and his 40-plus pound advantage taking him down in the cage either, but that's just how I see it.

Fedor's still the HW GOAT, but he wasn't without his flaws.

Still sound dumb. Lindland didn't take him down, no rope grab happened. Definitely shape in getting taken down by Arona a few fights into his career, and taken down by Randleman and Coleman, and Bigfoot late in his career, while fighting aggressive as hell

He was put on a stretcher in his 20's. Didn't happen to Fedor.

Jones is also a steroid cheat.

Sorry bro. Prime Fedor > Jones.

What's going on here? I thought this thread was assuming both are juicers??
Why the Pride/SF physique comparisons?

You Fedor huggers are all over the place with your arguments.

Bones has never lost and would beat 100% USDA Prime Fedor. And would absolutely murder 100% Choice US (a)DA Fedor

It was a clear-cut 4-1 decision.

DC pounded Bigfoot immediately after he killed Fedor.

Cheers to you! xoxo

He took more damage in 1 fight than Fedor in 10 years, during his 20's and on roids.

It's over bro. Nothing to debate here.

Cheers.

You are entitled to your opinion and that is all any of us offer and that is fine.

But if your view is that Buster Dougas was the guy to beat Tyson at any point in your career then you have an opinion that you will be almost alone on amongst knowledgeable followers of boxing. I know that never stops a shertard as they think 'no everyone else is wrong, it cannot be me' and they cling to that and nothing will change their view.

There is a reason Buster was one of the biggest underdogs going into that fight and that few thought he was a stylistic nightmare for any version of Tyson.

I've seen others argue Spinks beat a Prime Ali as well and he was just a stylistic problem. Tards gonna tard. We have to accept that.

The key is not to dragged into pointless discussions with those tards who will hide behind 'ya...well thats my opinion man' and deny all other logic. Prime is not solely defined by age.

Go watch quick tillis vs mike tyson. Its on youtube. 6-4 and Tyson was fading.

And you're clearly not a boxing fan.

Fedor circa 2003-2006 wrecks Jones. He was simply a far better and more skilled fighter.

Jones loses rounds, Fedor didn't.
Jones needs to cheat constantly, Fedor didn't.
Jones needs to cut weight and have a massive reach advantage to win. Fedor didn't.
Jones was taken down by Gustaffson.
Jones took more damage against Gustafsson than Fedor did in 10 years.
Jones leaves himself opened to armbars. Fedor had great ambars.
Jones is absolutely terrified to fight at HW. Fedor is the best HW ever.

Fedor beats him up worse than this:

jonesgus_original.jpg

And finishes this with ease:

Gus beats Fedor and everyone he fought in his reign.

Back