How do you think Prime Fedor v Prime Jones would go?

Incidentally, Prime Bob Sapp also absolutely mauled Prime Nog and outkickboxed all-time-great kickboxer Ernesto Hoost.
Prime Bob Sapp would destroy Jones too. Bones got taken down by Gus. You probably weren't around then and assume Sapp is a joke. And didn't Nogueira win that fight?

Prime Bob Sapp would destroy Jones too. Bones got taken down by Gus. You probably weren't around then and assume Sapp is a joke. And didn't Nogueira win that fight?
I'm probably one of the only Bob Sapp fans left. I'm also a realist.

Nogueira did win that fight. However, Bob still beat the piss out of him for a full 10 minutes. He ended up gassing in round 2.

Unlikely that Prime Sapp would have beaten Bones. He doesn't have great cardio and his technique is and always was shoddy. I think Bones submits him in the second round, after having a much easier first round than Nog.

Not to say that Prime Sapp wasn't dangerous due to his striking power and strength, but he was never much of a technical fighter and lacked heart.

One of the problems with saying that JJ would light up a prime Fedor is in how little damage Fedor actually took. The percentage of strikes landed against him was lower than Machida's, and he didn't do a tenth of the dancing around the ring that Machida did.

Fedor in his prime was a vicious, cold blooded killer; an offensive hurricane with the reflexes of a cyborg and the explosiveness of TNT.

They fought once...Mir knocked him out. JDS made him quit from a punch to the face.

The whole Rimg/Cage excuse is such horseshit.

He was cleared medically. He was good to go. Mir gets no credit, huh? Lose-lose for him? Wow, why even take the damn fight. Shit CC was basically a blind involent. Fight musta happened on an Indian reservation somewhere.

Every failure has a justification. Love you Pride fanboys. So blissfully delusional.
Cro Cop was far from his best shape then. He fought with thorn biceps and only one hand ve Nelson for example, he was old school, multiple fights per night without knowing who your opponent might be, carry on your injuries, not like today's UFC 1 fight per year.
Cro Cop also had 3 - 4 times more fights than UFC veterans and more mileage and wear and tear.
Mir is now fat and out of shape with lot less fights, is 2 - 6 and now can lose to anyone.

Cro Cop has an excuse for every UFC fight simply beacuse rules and enivronment are bad for him and he is on 50 % in the cage.
There's a reason why stand up combat sports like boxing, kickboxing, muay thai are in the ring. Try to imagine boxers in such a large space like ocatgon or on tatami, it would look totally ridiculous. Just wach Sanchez fight where Sanchez was able to avoid strikes all the time simply by movement, circling and using space. It is almost impossible for Cro Cop to hit anyone in such a large space because they can allways evade and move away from his left side. Not to mention rules that are made for wrestlers with long clinching, fence pushing, elbows etc. Totally different from ring where he had 150 fights, where he can use his boxing & K-1 movement, cutt off ring, close to corners and where the target is more stationary.
I think that anyone with common sense and some MMA and martial arts knowledge can easily see that Cro Cop is not at his best in American MMA rules, and that rules and environment diminish his strong sides and emphasis his weaker sides. I belive that this is completely reasonable.

Considering this thread is about Jones v Fedor.
Just send Jones to the ring. He loses space to keep reach advantage and use his long limbs, no fence for wrestling and clinching, no elbows = Fedor murders him.

Last edited:
Best Fedor will simply be too much for him

There are some HWs imho JJ will lose to, let alone the GOAT of them

Yeah, but he is acting as if it is a given that Fedor gets Bones in an armbar. What if he doesn't. Such speculation...

Nothing is given in MMA ofc, but it's a pretty good assumption. We'll never find out obviously :)

Fedor's chin was suspicious even in his prime days

Fedor-Fujita-1.gif

Spent his entire career fighting 2 weightclasses below Fedor.

Honestly, would you give Cain credit for beating Weidman or Moose?
Neither of them are Olympic Wrestlers and world class submission grapplers whom I am using strictly to point out someone's Tdd against. I am not using a win over Lindland to give him credit I'm showing good take down defenses against a monster Greco roman Olympian. You can keep attacking my post Like the hater you are. I didn't even say if I favored one guy over the other; only that saying the statement that Fedor had no Tdd was incorrect which it is. Thanks. We are done here

Cro Cop was far from his best shape then. He fought with thorn biceps and only one hand ve Nelson for example, he was old school, multiple fights per night without knowing who your opponent might be, carry on your injuries, not like today's UFC 1 fight per year.
Cro Cop also had 3 - 4 times more fights than UFC veterans and more mileage and wear and tear.
Mir is now fat and out of shape with lot less fights, is 2 - 6 and now can lose to anyone.

Cro Cop has an excuse for every UFC fight simply beacuse rules and enivronment are bad for him and he is on 50 % in the cage.
There's a reason why stand up combat sports like boxing, kickboxing, muay thai are in the ring. Try to imagine boxers in such a large space like ocatgon or on tatami, it would look totally ridiculous. Just wach Sanchez fight where Sanchez was able to avoid strikes all the time simply by movement, circling and using space. It is almost impossible for Cro Cop to hit anyone in such a large space because they can allways evade and move away from his left side. Not to mention rules that are made for wrestlers with long clinching, fence pushing, elbows etc. Totally different from ring where he had 150 fights, where he can use his boxing & K-1 movement, cutt off ring, close to corners and where the target is more stationary.
I think that anyone with common sense and some MMA and martial arts knowledge can easily see that Cro Cop is not at his best in American MMA rules, and that rules and environment diminish his strong sides and emphasis his weaker sides. I belive that this is completely reasonable.

Just send Jones to the ring. He loses space to keep reach advantage and use his long limbs, no fence for wrestling and clinching, no elbows = Fedor murders him.

Ya know, Shogun, Rampage,

Yep, every failure is justified. What would Shogun or Rampage have done to Jones in a ring? Funny how those guys overcame the horrible environment of the cage to win UFC gold.

Iceman KO'd Reem...in a ring. Shogun KO'd Chuck...in a cage. A punch is punch.

CC was apparently a deer in the headlights once in the cage.What a warrior.

MMA shouldn't take place in a ring anyway.

But under any environment, Bones kills Fedor...and Nog...and CC.

No knees to a grounded opponent HURTS wrestlers.

Neither of them are Olympic Wrestlers and world class submission grapplers whom I am using strictly to point out someone's Tdd against. I am not using a win over Lindland to give him credit I'm showing good take down defenses against a monster Greco roman Olympian. You can keep attacking my post Like the hater you are. I didn't even say if I favored one guy over the other; only that saying the statement that Fedor had no Tdd was incorrect which it is. Thanks. We are done here

You're welcome.

Jones wins on under a,round against version of Fedor. JJ is better in ever area.

I think Fedor nuthuggers are probably suffering some mental illness

The real question:

How high will Fedor nuthuggers retroactively rank Meathead if Fedor somehow beats him?

My guess: 4th

Ya know, Shogun, Rampage,

Yep, every failure is justified. What would Shogun or Rampage have done to Jones in a ring? Funny how those guys overcame the horrible environment of the cage to win UFC gold.

Iceman KO'd Reem...in a ring. Shogun KO'd Chuck...in a cage. A punch is punch.

CC was apparently a deer in the headlights once in the cage.What a warrior.

MMA shouldn't take place in a ring anyway.

But under any environment, Bones kills Fedor...and Nog...and CC.

No knees to a grounded opponent HURTS wrestlers.
Shogun's and Rampage's style is not same as Cro Cops, and they also have lot less fights than him.
Cro Cop is classic kickboxer and boxer with 150+ fights in the ring and all schooling and habbits that go with that.
Punch is not a punch, only for totall noobs that do not know anything about martial arts. In Cro Cop's case difference in movement, cutting off ring, closing to corners and ability to land a strike in ring versus cage is huge and anybody with some knowledge can clearly see that.
It is lot easier for his oppoents to avoid his strikes in cage, to circle to the right, step back or to the side, to go in & out because they have lot's of space and can't be closed in circular octagon.
If you think that Jones could stand toe to toe with Cro Cop in the ring on Mirko's natural distance you are delusional.

Bones loses with ease in ring, he looked very vulnerable v Gus when his reach advantage and distance keeping wasn't that big.

Last edited:
Back