How do you think Kevin Lee vs Conor McGregor plays out ?

Never said it makes him a bum. You said that "Conor is a step above Lee", and I said "based on what". Your response was "Lee is chinny and gets rocked easily". So Lee being "chinny" is what makes Conor a step above him? I'm sure JDS was a step above Overeem too because he was "chinny".

Styles make fights, Lee is a bad matchup for Conor due to his high level wrestling. This isn't 145 anymore for Conor, he's not the same fighter at 155.

He absolutely isn't the same fighter. And his majority decision over Nate and his win over Alvarez aren't enough to make me think that he is. Lee is also a great fighter. However, I believe Conor is a more skilled striker, is more experienced in big fights, and has the tools at his disposal to frustrate Kevin. Conor also I feel would put Kevin out of his comfort zone in the run up to the fight through his mind games, leading to Kevin putting in a less than perfect performance. You're obviously not an idiot and I may not be able to convince you otherwise but that's my opinion.

He absolutely isn't the same fighter. And his majority decision over Nate and his win over Alvarez aren't enough to make me think that he is. Lee is also a great fighter. However, I believe Conor is a more skilled striker, is more experienced in big fights, and has the tools at his disposal to frustrate Kevin. Conor also I feel would put Kevin out of his comfort zone in the run up to the fight through his mind games, leading to Kevin putting in a less than perfect performance. You're obviously not an idiot and I may not be able to convince you otherwise but that's my opinion.
You won't be able to convince me.

I don't think Conor takes fighting as serious anymore. He's extremely limited as a fighter and I think other fighters are figuring that out now. Take him down, wear him out, and his striking isn't nearly as dangerous. I think Lee knows that and would finish him by RNC.

Last edited:

I don't

I don't think Conor takes fighting as serious anymore. He's extremely limited as a fighter and I think other fighters are figuring that out now. Take him down, wear him out, and his striking isn't nearly as dangerous. I think Lee knows that and would finish him by RNC.

Well submission does seem to be the way to go against Conor. Wear him down, take him out of his comfort zone, to a place where he makes mistakes. That may well turn out to be the case, however I don't think we'll be able to make that judgement conclusively until his next fight

Well submission does seem to be the way to go against Conor. Wear him down, take him out of his comfort zone, to a place where he makes mistakes. That may well turn out to be the case, however I don't think we'll be able to make that judgement conclusively until his next fight

I'm not sure he'll fight again, but there are a few top 15 and even unranked guys that I think could beat him. Khabib obviously, Ferguson, Lee, Raging Al, Alex Hernandez, Francisco Trinaldo, and Gregor Gillespie to name a few all beat him or give him a lot of trouble imo.

Lee takes him down, gnp his face and then chokes him out

Something like Kevin Lee vs Barboza with Conor making squealing sounds like Anderson Silva pretending to be Michael Jackson.

Lee is chinny and his cardio isn't much better than Conor's. I'd favor Lee, but if Conor learns from that khabib fight, I think he'd be a live dog vs. lee
Live dog?

Conor would be the clear-cut betting favorite lol

Just like alvarez should have done...
Alvarez was fixed. In a not fixed fight, Conor should lose to many fighters.
By the way, that is the danger to have a money fighter...

Same as Khabib. Conor cannot handle being grappled for 10 solid minutes, it completely gasses him out. The one thing is, Lee's chinny so that might come into it.

I would say the same thing that i predicted for McG and Khabib. Either Mcgregor finds his range and timing to win by ko early in the fight or Lee rushes for a takedown and gets Mcg tired and finishes him by rnc or gnp. Khabib has better conditioning, chin, defense and mma grappling but Lee got heavier hands and better takedowns... he can fuck you up if he is on top pounding your face.

Last edited:
Back