Opinion How do you think automated farming will change the world?

Sorry, I couldn't turn down the set up. You said farming requires human intelligence. By saying "but I thought you were a successful farmer" I was implying that you do not have any intelligence. Kind of like if I said "lawyers all have huge dicks" and then you said "wait, so how did you become a lawyer then?"
lol at this college kid acting like a lawyer.

I think it will hurt the Somalian fishing industry

It will help ensure the extinction of humanity when the eventual solar flare comes and knocks out all modern technology...no one will remember how to fucking grow any food.

It will help ensure the extinction of humanity when the eventual solar flare comes and knocks out all modern technology...no one will remember how to fucking grow any food.

Do you even know how to grow any food now? My guess is no.

Just like coal miners, eventually they'll have to shift to what will almost certainly be less trapped lives where they can rise above their station instead of having generations of children growing up slotted for the same.

I farm cannabis. I make damn good money, and damn good cannabis. It's not like coal mining, as I'm not shaking hands with the devil, but putting my hands in the dirt.

You will always need people, because when you farm, things always go wrong, and you have to be there to take care of the issue, whatever they may be.

automation is actually a good thing. there will always be a human component to agriculture but automating the harvesing portion is required to reduce waste. I was listening to an NPR story about the farming industry having a hard time getting people to work the fields resulting delays in picking ripe fruit and vegetables and huge amounts of waste. one farmer talked about how squash grows so fast and there was a one week window for them to be harvested. anything that wasnt picked that week ended up being too big; grocery stores and consumers dont want big squash.

the next step in agriculture is to combine automation with genetically modified foods to make them more efficient to grow and reduce waste.

Do you even know how to grow any food now? My guess is no.

I do, I grow vegetables every year...just 3 tomato plants provide all my spaghetti needs year round. A small garden saves $100s a year.

Won't change much in the short term. For many countries farming is still manual labour, and they won't be in position to automate anytime soon anyways.

Just more jobs humans used to do, now only machines. I for one welcome our new artificially intelligent overlords.

Back