How do you see Stipe dealing with D.C.'s wrestling?

hurv

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Love both fighters and cant wait for this fight. On paper D.C has the wrestling advantage, and I remember his HW days well, where he sent many giant men ass over tea kettle. How do you see Stipe dealing with it?

with a right hand as he closes in

Wql2.gif

Punching him in the face.

Stipe is deceptively strong. I honestly don't think he's going to have a problem stopping DC's attempts to close the distance and get a hold of him.

Stipe will just shrug him off and find a home for that straight right hand.

Cormier gonna high crotch that boy through the moon door

I'm really surprised that so many people are writing off DC in this fight.

I mean, DC would have stayed at heavyweight if it weren't for Cain Velasquez. It's arguably his better weight class. At LHW he's a bit drained from his weight cuts. DC will be a monster at HW -- and Stipe is also a monster at heavyweight, so this should be a great fight.

I think DC has the advantage of having fought Jones twice. He's used to dealing with a guy that has a long reach and good wrestling. I think we'll see DC pull out the win, but that's just my opinion.

I'm really surprised that so many people are writing off DC in this fight.

I mean, DC would have stayed at heavyweight if it weren't for Cain Velasquez. It's arguably his better weight class. At LHW he's a bit drained from his weight cuts. DC will be a monster at HW -- and Stipe is also a monster at heavyweight, so this should be a great fight.

I think DC has the advantage of having fought Jones twice. He's used to dealing with a guy that has a long reach and good wrestling. I think we'll see DC pull out the win, but that's just my opinion.

Imo, I see dc winning the way he usually does and easily.
being hard to hit and controlling where the fight goes.
stipe is kind of slow

Not that they are the same fighter... but Henderson said in Pride that it is hard to wrestle while getting punched... This is MMA... He will Bang!!!

I imagine solid, straight punches to the face will do the trick.

I want to see Stipe take DC down and Mark Hunt him, honestly. Then we'll never have to see DC being cocky about his wrestling again. No disrespect to DC, I actually like him, but that's not an endearing quality.

Hunt-miocic.gif

Imo, I see dc winning the way he usually does and easily.
being hard to hit and controlling where the fight goes.
stipe is kind of slow

Stipe can move pretty damn quick when he needs to, but prefers being more economical with his movement when he can get away with it. Just because he isn't bouncing around like Dodson doesn't mean he's slow.

Punching him in the face.

Pretty much the answer. Punching people in the face when they're trying to take you down is pretty effective.

I'm picking DC to win the fight, but I'm not convinced that he'll be taking Stipe down at will. I think DC will win with faster/heavier hands. But if Stipe gets cocky and over-commits to strikes, I guarantee DC will double leg that shit.

Edit: I keep forgetting that DC loves his high crotch takedowns -- if Stipe over-commits to punches, DC will be ducking under and high crotching that shit.

Stipe's reach will probably be a problem for DC and Stipe isn't that easy to take down.

This is perfect example of fight that requires zero shit talking - im excited for just an old school brawl

If he does, it's primarily through distance control and powerful straights. Should cormier get inside, Stipe is a very large man and no slouch in the wrestling department. However, there are levels to this game, so Cormier may be that much better and make Stipe look like a total newb.

Well for one, Stipe has decent TDD and is definitely the bigger man. I could definitely see him catching Cormier coming in too, his striking is very accurate and all Stipe needs is one punch landing flush.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back