How do you see Dillashaw vs. Mighty Mouse going?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
TJ is fighting Demetrious Johnson at FW. So, how do you see this fight going?

As long as the cut doesn't hurt him too badly I see Dillashaw being better absolutely everywhere.

TJ by being the bigger man and having more KO power, they are both well rounded but i think TJ is a bit more well rounded

Really not sure.

On paper, it would seem that TJ should be favored. He comes from a higher weightclass and has more size & power.

BUT - MM is lightning fast, with a very complete skill-set himself.

TJ dictating distance, MM attempting a frenzied pace but having issues with the "bigger" man.

TJ winning decisively.

TJ is such an amazing striker and has off the charts footwork and understanding of angles. His striking is going to be on another level. Him having to mimick Cruz for Alpha Male teammates opened doors for him and then working with Bang allowed him to take that new perspective on striking and make it his own, a more powerful, more aggressive but similarly unpredictable and creative approach that I don't see many (if any) fighters having success with. (He KOed a hell of a striker in Cody)

I will give MM a BJJ advantage because he has displayed some nasty submissions and setups and ground work, but I don't see him being in a position to use it against TJ.

Most likely outcome:

TJ picks him apart, if MM attempts to take it to the ground TJ either stuffs it and stays up or stuffs and gets top position, either way he wins. Late finish or UD.

* don't take this as a knock or dismissal of Mighty Mouse, he is an amazing fighter with excellent skills everywhere, but he could probably make 115 whereas TJ is possibly (/on his way towards being) the best 135er ever.

Size matters. Reach matters, and TJ has excellent control of range and the wrestling skills to back it up so that he can be confident implementing his elite striking game.

MM has dominate a division devoid of top 5 P4P fighters, but he is taking on a monster and a monster who is bigger, stronger, younger, hungry, and incredibly skilled.

The bigger elite fighter beats the smaller elite fighter.

Last edited:
TJ is going beat him better than Cruz did.

3kgWDLI.gif

TJ by mixing kicks, wrestling, and his jab. Assuming the weight doesn't harm his great conditioning. MM is faster and that's about it since TJ has great sub defense

However, no way am I sleeping on Mighty Mouse, he surprises a lot of people like Benavidez and Dodson

Its a close fight in reality. Nobody wants to admit it but DJ could beat dilllishaw and anyone saying otherwise is a fool.

We bring up DJ vs Cruz well if we bring up old fights how about Dodson vs TJ? And DJ smoked Dodson twice.

I think tj has the power to win but it isn't an easy night...which is why I don't know why DJ seems to be ducking TJ

TJ dictating distance, MM attempting a frenzied pace but having issues with the "bigger" man.

TJ winning decisively.

TJ is such an amazing striker and has off the charts footwork and understanding of angles. His striking is going to be on another level. Him having to mimick Cruz for Alpha Male teammates opened doors for him and then working with Bang allowed him to take that new perspective on striking and make it his own, a more powerful, more aggressive but similarly unpredictable and creative approach that I don't see many (if any) fighters having success with. (He KOed a hell of a striker in Cody)

I will give MM a BJJ advantage because he has displayed some nasty submissions and setups and ground work, but I don't see him being in a position to use it against TJ.

Most likely outcome:

TJ picks him apart, if MM attempts to take it to the ground TJ either stuffs it and stays up or stuffs and gets top position, either way he wins. Late finish or UD.

* don't take this as a knock or dismissal of Mighty Mouse, he is an amazing fighter with excellent skills everywhere, but he could probably make 115 whereas TJ is possibly (/on his way towards being) the best 135er ever.

Size matters. Reach matters, and TJ has excellent control of range and the wrestling skills to back it up so that he can be confident implementing his elite striking game.

MM has dominate a division devoid of top 5 P4P fighters, but he is taking on a monster and a monster who is bigger, stronger, younger, hungry, and incredibly skilled.

The bigger elite fighter beats the smaller elite fighter.

Whoa, great breakdown.

I see it being a war & the first fight we will see DJ pushed, too close to call, i'll give slight edge to DJ as i think he's slightly more well rounded.

Very even fight and TJ has a weight/reach advantage.

I have no idea who wins but I’ll be rooting for DJ.

i seriously hope Mighty Mouse whoops his ass.... but if TJ is the same exact TJ that fights at 135 and hes able to keep his ko power im afraid of him catching and hurting mighty mouse :(

I'm honestly not sure. Here are just some thoughts, as obvious as they may be, about the fight.

My big questions are, how will TJ fair in the later rounds, and how will TJ deal with MM's speed.
Cody was faster than TJ, but the reason he lost his exchange at the end of the fight was because TJ hadn't loaded up on his shots as much as Garbrandt, and was able to beat him to the punch. MM is faster than Cody, and doesn't load up as much either.

MM doesn't have many options in this fight. If he doesn't push forward and enter the pocket, he'll spend the entire round trying to dodge TJ's kicks, which TJ has no problem spamming. He could try to catch TJ off balance when throwing to score takedowns, but the only purpose for them would be to rack up points and attempt to wear out TJ, because the dude is getting right back up.

That only leaves for him to pressure forward and enter the pocket. I can see MM using his speed to come in, land, and leave before being countered, but TJ is no slouch in there, and would probably catch on and start landing.

As for how I see the fight going, i think TJ will opt to make this entirely a striking battle. I dont think he wants to test his 125 gas tank with heavy wrestling. I think MM would actually overwhelm TJ at first with his speed and mobility until TJ eventually adjusts. TJ would then start mainting the distance and start punishing MM for closing the distance. Ultimately, I don't see TJ being able to land flush on a quick and evasive MM and knock him out, so it may be a decision fight. That's why TJ's Cardio is the biggest question.

Last edited:
If we're talking about 125 I think MM beats TJ relatively easy. He'll have the speed, cardio, and experience advantage.

Back