Reaction score
  • Anderson Silva
  • Conor McGregor
  • Stephen Thompson
  • Robert Whittaker
  • TJ Dillishaw
  • Alexander Gustaffson
  • Stipe Miocic
How do you rank them all time in terms of striking alone?

• Anderson Silva
  • Conor McGregor
  • Stephen Thompson
  • Robert Whittaker
  • TJ Dillishaw
  • Alexander Gustaffson
  • Stipe Miocic
1. Conor
2. Anderson
3. TJ
4. Thomson
5. Whittaker
6. Gus
7. Stipe.

1. Silva
2. Conor
3-4. TJ and Thompson
5-7. Gus, Whittaker and Stipe

I would say the best striker should have versatility, one hit KO-power, precision and it's a bonus if they've shown they can be offensive and don't only rely on being a counter-striker.

* Silva and Thompson gets some minus points for relying a lot on just counter striking. But Silva is still so far ahead he gets the no1 spot. And Wonderboy is still so precise he gets away with it.
* TJ would've been a clear #3 if he hadn't missed so much against Cruz.
* Whittaker has the potential to climb. He's very effective, but right now he's a few fights away from being considered as of the big strikers
* I'm putting Gus in the bottom third because he lacks kicks and doesn't have as much one punch KO power as one could wish for from a guy his size.

Last edited:
  • Anderson Silva
  • Conor McGregor
  • Stephen Thompson
  • Robert Whittaker
  • TJ Dillishaw
  • Alexander Gustaffson
  • Stipe Miocic
Great list. I’d say you’re in target with ranking. Anderson Silva is #1. Conor vying for second with TRT Vitor in my opinion. I’d put Demetrious Johnson somewhere in there too. He’s worked some absolute magic on several opponents. Like Anderson Silva and Conor fights, it’s fun to rewatch many of DJ’s. Mastery is displayed on more than one occasion. Igor Vovchanchyn gets an honorable mention.

I would add Jedrzejczyk. She might be slightly pillowfisted but her technique is top notch.

Bottom parts of the rank due to light damage of her striking, but you can show her strikes as an educational video for fighters.

I would add Jedrzejczyk. She might be slightly pillowfisted but her technique is top notch.

Bottom parts of the rank due to light damage of her striking, but you can show her strikes as an educational video for fighters.
You would have to put Rose above her though right? Considering she out struck her twice.
Also imo Valentina is the best female striker in MMA.

• Anderson Silva
  • Conor McGregor
  • Stephen Thompson
  • Robert Whittaker
  • TJ Dillishaw
  • Alexander Gustaffson
  • Stipe Miocic

Conor, Anderson, dillashaw, gus, Thompson, Whittaker, stipe

She has good speed and knows how to throw a punch, but she has only a few combinations that she spams over and over again. Her creativity and defense is pretty bad. This against competition that she should be able to put a highlight reel against, and it’s still meh

You would have to put Rose above her though right? Considering she out struck her twice.
Also imo Valentina is the best female striker in MMA.

Rose - I don't think she is a better striker than JJ. She is a better mma fighter. and hits much harder. But technically... I don't think she is better.

And yes. Valentina should be ranked as well. Great striker.

Rose - I don't think she is a better striker than JJ. She is a better mma fighter. and hits much harder. But technically... I don't think she is better.

And yes. Valentina should be ranked as well. Great striker.
How though? Both of their fights were almost 100% on the feet.
I get that her technique may look prettier, but Rose completely out struck her.

Back