How do you guys fit explosive training into your regiment?

Wait, I thought working on speed after lifting heavy actually makes your punches faster?

Training anything speed related after you get tired and therefore are slower is reducing the potential rate you could be doing it at. The speed at which you train correlates with the speed at which you conduct the movement.

That's why any jumping/explosive training should be done before everything else.

Training anything speed related after you get tired and therefore are slower is reducing the potential rate you could be doing it at. The speed at which you train correlates with the speed at which you conduct the movement.

That's why any jumping/explosive training should be done before everything else.

Ok that makes sense.

New question to this thread. How many sets of explosive work should I do today I did 2 sets of high intensity leaping and did what one other guy recommended and did jumping Jack's and did my own variation of priming cns, and then put 2 weights about 5 feet from each other and leaped to each one 7x 1 set on 2 legs and 1 set on 1 leg. So how many sets should I do?

Back